SOTD : Saturday 06th March to Friday 12th March 2021

View attachment 66016

Carbon CX 316 (0.68)
Polsilver
Chisel and Hound with V9 Fanchurian
Declaration Grooming TSM Fougére
Chatillon Lux TSM Fougére aftershave
Soundtrack: Lost Horizons "In Quiet Moments'

I had one of those 'moments' using the Chisel and Hound brush. In a word magnificent! Straight into my top three.
Very dense with a tonne of backbone, but not to the point where it becomes unusable. Really fantastic brush.

A very enjoyable shave.

@RussellR5555

Have a great week Gents.

Good to hear Rob , It sure looks fantastic.

Sunday AM 2021-03-07
Monopoly game invented, 1933
8t8DfJB.jpg

Rooney Stubby 2 Porcelain Finest (24/50)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB 17-4
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (1)
Floris Santal aftershave

ej17HBf.jpg

Todays shave, and a really enjoyable one it was. After a warm shower.

Pre .......... Proraso white
Soap ....... MdC Rose (sample )
Brush ...... Rooney (style 1)
Razor ..... Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade ..... Perma Sharp (4)
Asb ....... Acqua di Parma
Asl .......... Chanel Platinum Egoiste

A three pass shave to a lovely dolphin smooth face stroker . Mdc soap was absoluely brilliant and developed a super slick lather, which let the razor with the perma sharp just glide over, totally impressed. ( Thanks @fly3k) Had to use the AdP and the Chanel Asl to finish off a great shave. Feeling and smelling good

Stay safe, and keep smiling :)

PS-Proraso
Brush-Phoenix Rocket
Soap-Esjberg Orange Vetiver*
Blade-Nacet
Razor-Tradere Original*
AS-Thayers + Givenchy*

*Can’t remember where this soap came from but whipped up nicely and the orange tones are very subtle.

*Previously mentioned elsewhere. It performed very well for a supposedly mild razor on 4 days growth. I usually use a Gillette saloon blade but the Nacet seems to match the razor.

* This was the last dregs of a huge bottle of Givenchy Gentleman given me by a girlfriend 20+ years ago. Luckily she departed but the bottle didn’t ! I thought perfumes and similar lost their pungency after a couple of years but this was great to the end.

Sunday 7th March

ACtC-3eiEFUqVF6rdvMGwMqi2YdJnTYLCdSac3DQrkxbkjQAccy53cXOX7Y13cnfz0LeCO8xFu9jDhFAjiWXVTa39rh72yrbQn4iIJCYFUr8tH3_ZfHo2uCotJFAVJasRqmVhdTPir6Mi7TKITwW9BnsLZL50Q=s800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Erasmic Shaving Soap (Vintage)
Semogue SOC Taj (Boar)
Muhle Rocca R96
SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum (1)
Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada

As part of SuperMax global's very short line-up, the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum represents their top flight blade ...

Having just finished three really nice shaves with the Zorrik Super Platinum, a blade which followed the very same trajectory as its sibling Vidyut Super Platinum, I am left after tonight's shave with the same story to tell of the Blue Diamond. I think it could well be the same blade. Furthermore, I have a very strong suspicion that the SuperMax Diamond Edge, also a platinum blade, is the self-same blade too.

What we're seeing here is the global offering: the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum; the SuperMax Diamond Edge (also bearing a blue diamond symbol on the packaging), the Zorrik Super Stainless and the Vidyut Super Stainless being for Indian sub-continent market bearing each of the familiar names that folks over there have come to love and trust.

Yes, I have used the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum before and rated it quite lowly, but it was not long after I'd come back to shaving with double edge razors and blades, and was still kinda finding my feet. This time around, I'm left with a far better impression - it is smooth, possibly smoother than the sibling blades that I've tried, which could be a case of different blade, different shave, different feeling; or, maybe a case of variable quality; or, maybe the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum is the very top-flight for the global market and the other three offerings are the standard.

I had a really good shave there: smooth. Smooth over keen, but keen nevertheless and that is a familiar drill with these Super Platinums at this stage ...

Sunday 7th February

• Hampshire Wool Fat
• Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
• Razorock Hawk V3-A
• Kai Protouch MG (2)
• Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

Swapped to the A plate, and the Protouch blade still feels benign. Zero blade feel, and touch ups required to attain a decent finish.
The blade is so smooth, I literally couldn't feel it cutting.
I suspect it would suit a more aggressive razor better - Hawk V3 open comb might bring it to life? @mpf9ret

Beautiful brush. I hear nothing but high praise for the V9 knot.

Thank you.

To be honest I hadn't heard anything about the knots. I'd only become aware of C&H over the last few months through a couple of members on here and ATG forum. I'd heard the name 'That Darn Rob' but never paid much attention to him. More fool me.

I'd been impressed with his handles but originally put off as I'm not a fan of Fan style knots but when I saw the brush I now own I went for it and I really glad I did.

The service I received was first class too. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Last edited:
Pre = Fitjar Islands Charcoal Bar
Razor = Rex Ambassador ( 3 )
Blade = Gillette Super Slim Stainless
Brush = Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic
Soap = Zingari Man Watchman
Matching Splash & Balm.
Another great shave for me today
if i’m honest my face can’t take shaving everyday unless i use something very mild like the feather, even then everyday is a bit to much but sitting in a hotel bored out your nut i decided to go for it,
Granted the rex was possibly the wrong choice but saying that the shave went well.
Now boys i know in earlier posts there’s some talk of the tiger blades & granted they are decent however is there a blade out there that beats these Super Slims ? Honestly they are so good and in a razor like the rex which i would class as aggressive they really are a dream.
iv just ordered another 200 platinum & stainless.
Stay Safe Boys.
6A879036-31F2-4712-B618-109BA202E022.png

Mon 8th SE SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 15th Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Excellent lather from the soap. Beautiful scent, rich and creamily slick!!
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade (stropped) was good. Generally smooth for 3passes without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Not as efficient this time but a very enjoyable session.
20210308_120614.jpg

Thank you.

To be honest I hadn't heard anything about the knots. I'd only become aware of C&H over the last few months through a couple of members on here and ATG forum. I'd heard the name 'That Darn Rob' but never paid much attention to him. More fool me.

I'd been impressed with his handles but originally put off as I'm not a fan of Fan style knots but when I saw the brush I now own I went for it and I really glad I did.

The service I received was first class too. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
I don't suppose you know if the Fanchurian is a knot made in the US or a rebranded Oumo?

Beautiful brush you've got there Rob.

I don't suppose you know if the Fanchurian is a knot made in the US or a rebranded Oumo?

Beautiful brush you've got there Rob.

No idea where they are made but it's definitely not a Oumo. I have 3 Oumo Manchurian Bulb knots and the Fanchurian is in a totally different league. It's A LOT more densely packed with a lot more backbone.
A very different knot.

Thanks Rob. That's good to know.
Seem to be made in China somewhere according to this.

Back
Top Bottom