SOTD : Saturday 06th February to Friday 12th February 2021.

Prep: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Brush: Carnavis & Richardson Declaration B2
Soap: LASSC Bespoke #1
Razor: Henson TI 22 ++ on Stork RWD TI
Blade: Gillette super thin blade
AS: Myrsol Masaje Antesol

SOTD-20210209.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Tuesday 9th February

ACtC-3ek89cc_du_xVO-c2N7nxLikjC3YrwCXk7Hkooxz9WmU8gsSr41zERg29CYU26BF3EQOxiXsbkBQa43SMjMd2IceTBrT92EIgn-utzsPJ8jGt1GhvkiPOTI_zcCQokY2gfgqlxuWym78R5vXodyhCS5kA=w1200

L'Oreal Men Extra Pure Charcoal Face Wash
Wickham 1912 English Rose Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
RazoRock German Slant
Vidyut/SuperMax Super Stainless (3)
Harvard Sandalwood Aftershave

Well, that was three lovely shaves ... most enjoyable!

I've been using the blue pack V(idyut) SuperMax Super Stainless blade, which on the face of it looks exactly like the more pedestrian Economy Stainless of the same brand (in the burgundy/yellow) packaging. They are different and I think the "super" part is perhaps double stropped, or maybe double coated; something like that. The shave was a straight-up good, honest, workaday shave, not quite up there with the Lord Classic, but very much there with much of the Lord stainless blades. Personally, I rate these higher than, say, the Rapira or Ladas Super Stainless. I also commented that both the shave and particularly the regrowth felt akin to a carbon blade.

I would be happy to pick up 100 of either of these blades mentioned and use them daily. The blue pack, I feel has a smidge of an advantage, but we're talking 8/10 and 7.9/10 for the Super vs Economy Stainless.

Tonight's shave was a two pass, and that's not because I had to but because I was enjoying it. I got BBS off those two passes in the German Slant, probably equivalent to at least a three pass as the slant does a kind of with the grain and cross the grain shave at the same time.

Yes, most enjoyable!

Next up in my month of SuperMax is the legacy Vidyut Platinum ...

09/02/21 - 4 FEather FEbruary

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Alpha Wickham Gothic
Soap: OSP Sandalwood
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Proraso Red
ASB: None

IMG_20210209_151552.jpg

First time using the AS-D2 and it was an easy shave. Certainly angle sensitive but it did the job well for its first outing. Couple of patches left on the neck and jawline but I'm sure I'll get this dialled in.

The OSP lather was fantastic and plentiful. This is a unique Sandalwood scent. It seems reasonably close to Proraso Red but with more of a 'soapy' edge to it. That's the best description I can give.

@Scotshave
@Virgil Hilts
@mfurie2540

I am most thankful for your thoughts and of course they are gratefully received

@mfurie2540 I had to look twice there as I thought you'd named your user after a McDonalds ice cream. Then realised it was a McFlurry I was thinking of
Just shows what a great community we have here,help and support not just shaving,i'm a paramedic and this forum is a great escape.ie my name is virgil hilts.

Thank you very much for your thoughts and I think you have probably been through all this with me. I did manage the Pennines and over at dad's place this moment getting on with sorting things out.

And @udrako likewise, many thanks
Heart felt condolences.
no words really help at times like this
but i wish you all the very best to you and your family for the future.

Another New one for me today
Pre = Homemade
Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = London Bridge ( 3 )
Brush = Alpha 400 Travel
Soap = Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Nivea Skin Energy.
Just Received this dish from ebay this morning, Another old Boots The Chemist
quite similar to my last one but no soap in this one. Well boots soap that is.
I Gratefully received a gift this morning from Paul Blademonkey
A brand new Mitchell’s Wool Fat,
it wasn’t in my plans to shave with it today but once it arrived i couldn’t help myself.
Why o why do people say they can’t lather this ?
iv been DE shaving 12 months now and was really put of buying this due to everyone saying it was hard to lather.
A 20 second bloom & 30 swirls of the brush i had the most amazing lather with absolutely no difference to any other soap i use.
Anyway what a fresh & wonderful soap which actually reminds me of johnson baby powdered, just so fresh & clean and the puck sits in this vintage soap dish very well.
Thank You Paul for introducing me to this marvellous under rated soap.
The blade today was a 3rd use
London Bridge.
i reckon i could get easily another two shaves from this blade but i’m maxing all my blades out on 3 or i’ll never get through them all.
Over all another brilliant shave.
Stay Safe Lads

4DCBB848-4708-41DA-BEA3-94070BE8231D.jpeg

CAPS REQUIRED HERE, BEST EVER BBS SHAVE. (cheating of course as #2 shave of the day :)

Not sure if a second shave in one day post is allowed but I’ll tell you anyway:)

Todays Shave Kit Tuesday 9th Feb 2021 (PM)

Shave Score 9.25

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: OSP #8 (can’t wait for this one to be on sale :)
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade Blue Beards Revenge (1)
Post Shave: Proraso After Shave Green Refreshing
Post Shave Balm: Proraso Aftershave Balm White

Let’s call this my pre-bed shave, wow it’s a thing I could get used to.

Loving the new OSP #8

Have a nice evening all, catch you tomorrow.

Last edited:
So... Probably best shave so far that I got , however also the most weepers that I got so far too ! Oh the irony!

Pre: hot shower, face scrub (clarins renew), proraso green preshave cream
Razor: Edward X Jacob (whenever I'm typing that it just makes me think of movie twilight :D )
Blade: astra SP (1)
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Soap: Signature Soaps Caledonia (pass around box)
ASL : Nivea men sensitive post shave balm

I'd say it's borderline DFS/ BBS shave , definitely closest and best I had so far, despite racking up 4 weepers on the way. Blade definitely is my favourite out of ones I've tried - personna as well as Gillette 7 o'clock black.

Technique on neck definitely requires improvement, still feel the hair going ATG, however on chin, cheeks can't feel hair at all (double checked if my face is still there too, you know, just in case!) And under chin just tiny bit of sandpaper. Definitely best shave so far!

Loved the smell of the soap however I found it to be quite drying to my face after the shave . Hibernia definitely had better effect on me!

So... Probably best shave so far that I got , however also the most weepers that I got so far too ! Oh the irony!

Pre: hot shower, face scrub (clarins renew), proraso green preshave cream
Razor: Edward X Jacob (whenever I'm typing that it just makes me think of movie twilight :D )
Blade: astra SP (1)
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Soap: Signature Soaps Caledonia (pass around box)
ASL : Nivea men sensitive post shave balm

I'd say it's borderline DFS/ BBS shave , definitely closest and best I had so far, despite racking up 4 weepers on the way. Blade definitely is my favourite out of ones I've tried - personna as well as Gillette 7 o'clock black.

Technique on neck definitely requires improvement, still feel the hair going ATG, however on chin, cheeks can't feel hair at all (double checked if my face is still there too, you know, just in case!) And under chin just tiny bit of sandpaper. Definitely best shave so far!

Loved the smell of the soap however I found it to be quite drying to my face after the shave . Hibernia definitely had better effect on me!
Interesting, the base is exactly the same- it maybe lime essential oil as created drying effect?

09/02/21 - 4 FEather FEbruary

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Alpha Wickham Gothic
Soap: OSP Sandalwood
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Proraso Red
ASB: None

View attachment 64529

First time using the AS-D2 and it was an easy shave. Certainly angle sensitive but it did the job well for its first outing. Couple of patches left on the neck and jawline but I'm sure I'll get this dialled in.

The OSP lather was fantastic and plentiful. This is a unique Sandalwood scent. It seems reasonably close to Proraso Red but with more of a 'soapy' edge to it. That's the best description I can give.
I'm pleased you got on with the AS-D2, once you've used it a while you don't notice it being angle sensitive or at least I don't but we are not all the same are we!
One of the best razor's out there imho. :)

Paul

Last edited:
Another New one for me today
Pre = Homemade
Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = London Bridge ( 3 )
Brush = Alpha 400 Travel
Soap = Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Nivea Skin Energy.
Just Received this dish from ebay this morning, Another old Boots The Chemist
quite similar to my last one but no soap in this one. Well boots soap that is.
I Gratefully received a gift this morning from Paul Blademonkey
A brand new Mitchell’s Wool Fat,
it wasn’t in my plans to shave with it today but once it arrived i couldn’t help myself.
Why o why do people say they can’t lather this ?
iv been DE shaving 12 months now and was really put of buying this due to everyone saying it was hard to lather.
A 20 second bloom & 30 swirls of the brush i had the most amazing lather with absolutely no difference to any other soap i use.
Anyway what a fresh & wonderful soap which actually reminds me of johnson baby powdered, just so fresh & clean and the puck sits in this vintage soap dish very well.
Thank You Paul for introducing me to this marvellous under rated soap.
The blade today was a 3rd use
London Bridge.
i reckon i could get easily another two shaves from this blade but i’m maxing all my blades out on 3 or i’ll never get through them all.
Over all another brilliant shave.
Stay Safe Lads

View attachment 64540
MWF and s Feather AS-D2, can it get any better!!! Pleased you liked the MWF Mike.

Paul.

Wed 10th SOTD
Soap Wholly Kaw Pompelmo 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Willy's Premium 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
1st use of soap. Mild citrusy scent supposedly grapefruit but unsure...abit too mild. The quality is however a different story. Super rich, thickly creamy & slick...wow!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very smooth and comfortable for 3passes resulting in a mostly bbs result. Somehow, 3 creepers materialized... :LOL::LOL:
20210210_084237.jpg

Heart felt condolences.
no words really help at times like this
but i wish you all the very best to you and your family for the future.

Warmly received here Mike and thank you

I never once thought there would be so much to do with someone's passing and never really had any time to stop and think. But getting there and then it will hit home

Back
Top Bottom