SOTD : Saturday 06th February to Friday 12th February 2021.

WEDNESDAY ‌02/10/21 SOTD
ATT Calypso S1 Slant / Gillette‌ 7 O'clock Yellow
WCS Two-Tone Tall 26mm BOSS Synthetic Knot
Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre Shaving Soap
Epsilon Blue Mediterranean Aftershave Splash

WLpvq70.jpg

Wednesday 10th February

Omega 10049 Boar - Proraso Sandalwood (SF) - Supply Single Edge (..)/Personna - Dunhill for Men.

This is the V1 razor in Stainless. When I got it I struggled to get a good shave. I now know that was down to bad technique. I dropped it down to the 2 dot plate a few shaves ago This has less blade feel but gives superb and really comfortable shaves. The Single Edge also benefits from the fact that it can be manually loaded without a key......so I can use Proline Bs or blades from faulty Personna Injectors. The Personna blades are actually very good in this razor.

3 passes for a 'Face Feeler'

Wednesday 10th February

Omega 10049 Boar - Proraso Sandalwood (SF) - Supply Single Edge (..)/Personna - Dunhill for Men.

This is the V1 razor in Stainless. When I got it I struggled to get a good shave. I now know that was down to bad technique. I dropped it down to the 2 dot plate a few shaves ago This has less blade feel but gives superb and really comfortable shaves. The Single Edge also benefits from the fact that it can be manually loaded without a key......so I can use Proline Bs or blades from faulty Personna Injectors. The Personna blades are actually very good in this razor.

3 passes for a 'Face Feeler'
That's a lovely winter scene depicted on your pot lid Brian! :)

Paul

Thank you Paul! In the absence of razor and soap purchases I fell down the Relish pot rabbit hole! I have the complete seasons set.......the others will be rotated into service in due course!
Fantastic! A relish pot rabbit hole, I shall have to look out for that particular hole when on my travels.
:)

Paul

Wednesday 10th February
Cadman Custom - OSP No8 test soap v1 - Triceratops 3D - GEM SSC #9 - OSP No8 test A/S v1 - Aloe Vera Gel
dEbOqte.jpg

One of a few modern takes on a GEM SE blade razor. This 3D version designed by Roger Quintero, was printed via Treatstock quite cheaply. It's very nimble, shaves beautifully, and is a doddle to rinse. The best bit was the great result.
@Dazednconfused

10/2/21

Brush - Omega 10077
Soap - La Toja
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Gillette Winner Black (4)
Post - Superdrug Forest Fresh

4th or 5th use of my new Omega 10077 and the pig funk has gone at last! It smelt terrible on it's last outing, I've been using Signature Soaps Neem dog shampoo and it's been working wonders for this particular brush, but I also use the Neem shampoo for my other brushes occasionally.
I didn't have much growth from yesterday's shave so the Old Type/Winner Black didn't have much work to do, but it was a very comfortable shave nonetheless.

10th straight razor shave 5th full face shave with across against and touch ups. This morning I received a sample kindly sent to me by @Blademonkey of Mdc rose shaving soap, on opening I was absolutely blown away with the scent it’s exactly what I was hoping for natural rose scent with a slight sweetness lathered up and felt like a king immersed in this luxury scent. I can see this becoming a favourite for me thank you Paul for you’re generosity. Really getting confident with the straight now it gives a great sense of satisfaction looking forward to getting my second in the next week or soE8827B09-2984-4219-9BB0-3CD354DA0F53.jpegCECB523A-58C2-4622-9043-855E28D6B570.jpeg

10/02/21
4 for Feb
Shower
Pre: Cold water rinse and face wash with the Wickams pre shave soap.
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (4)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's Bay Rum infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Bay Rum Argan Oil, then a dollop of E45 mixed with the infused Argan oil.
Aftershave: TC's Bay Rum #2

Wk 6 5. Wed.JPG
I really enjoyed yesterdays "Bay Rum" themed shave and i remembered i had a batch i brewed up in May 2019, it was triple filtered, bottled (x2) and stuck in the back of the cupboard, now then, using @Electrif splash yesterday got me thinking and fired the spark.
Therefore today, it just had to be Bay Rum Again.
After a shower i decided to complete a Cold water shave again with the Tradere, it really seems to suit this razor for me.
An easy face lather with the brush holding plenty for the shave, I completed 3 passes although the final pass was more a touch up.
I had a nice post shave and tried a drop of my Bay Rum Argan oil mixed with a bit E45 as a balm, it worked a treat. Finishing with a good splash of my #2 version. Hey, its quite good, no real burn and my skin feels good.
BBS, comfortable, feeling and smelling pretty good to boot.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Back
Top Bottom