SOTD Sat August 4 through to Fri the 10th

dodgy said:
Dr Dulcamara said:
[Martin, write an email to UFO asap, do not be foolish, my friend. Buy a handle while you can. Can not go wrong.

Hah, well said Good Doctor,

Take control and make the dough!!! I like that. Yep, tell those idiots (me in this case) what they need to do right now, since these exquisite pieces of shaving wonderfulness won't be available forever. Take advantage of my 'fear of loss', not to mention peer pressure scorn. Steer them dumb cattle where you want em to go.

Heh, and when I pay for this special one time VERY limited offer, that world famous craftsman will throw in a second handle absolutely free! Plus, a kilo of Parma Prosciutto if I'm one of the first 50 members to purchase today..

I bet you do pretty well selling your magical tonics, and thank you for thinking of my well being.

Martin
Martin, you take me advantage because English is not my mother tongue and I do not catch the nuances. But I just want to clarify that my posts are always well-intentioned and I never wanted to call anyone an idiot. It was a post in a tone of humor and caring for you because you're the only one who is always on guard when I put a photo of a UFO handle, but they are my own handles, not for sale.

Nice shave today. Using hardware that my gf got me :)

Razor: Ikon Sk9
Brush: PJ2 Best
Soap: Prof B and Valobra über face lathered

Great shave. The lather was amazing!

Dr Dulcamara said:
Martin, you take me advantage because English is not my mother tongue and I do not catch the nuances. But I just want to clarify that my posts are always well-intentioned and I never wanted to call anyone an idiot. It was a post in a tone of humor and caring for you because you're the only one who is always on guard when I put a photo of a UFO handle, but they are my own handles, not for sale.

First of all, I like your sense of humor, and I've never felt you were anything other than what you are. I enjoy your posts, although your pics sometimes get that UFO monkey chattering a bit. Don't ever feel like you might have insulted me, and I hope you can do the same with me and my humor. Sometimes it will sound like I'm pissed or disgusted or whatever, but always take things the funny way. There always is one, although sometimes it takes sorting out.

I was being complimentary in your salesmanship, but not for real. I was just using crazy extreme examples that don't apply to you. Just goofing around. I know you aren't here just to sell things.

That 'special offer' was based on the US Infomercials where you get lots of extra stuff if you order NOW. My apologies for including that, although you probably have similar tv shows in Italy.

Ok then......are we good now? Sorry for the confusion and I hope to see more of your posts down the road.

Martin

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Feather Artist Club SS - Pro Blade (13)
Simpsons 'Rover' Manchurian Hamster
The Real Shaving Co Traditional Shaving Cream
Nivea Replenishing balm

A thread on here made me want to give my tube of RSC cream a turn in the bowl. Nowt wrong with this stuff, lathers strongly and holds the lather. No great scent but thats no bad thing sometimes.

Shaving my chin is getting better now as I smooth the curves with the blade. Just need to get more proficient with the big blade on in now.

SOTD8-6-2012.jpg

Pre - hot towel
Soap - Tabac grated
Brush - Vulfix 404 mix
Razor - 6/8 Carl Schlieper High Class
AS - Fonex Malibu then E45 to moisturise

Result - a DFS apart from under my chin as usual which I struggle to get close with a straight but I like this blade!

7729169820_c40ebd941a_z.jpg

dodgy said:
Dr Dulcamara said:

First of all, I like your sense of humor, and I've never felt you were anything other than what you are. I enjoy your posts, although your pics sometimes get that UFO monkey chattering a bit. Don't ever feel like you might have insulted me, and I hope you can do the same with me and my humor. Sometimes it will sound like I'm pissed or disgusted or whatever, but always take things the funny way. There always is one, although sometimes it takes sorting out.

I was being complimentary in your salesmanship, but not for real. I was just using crazy extreme examples that don't apply to you. Just goofing around. I know you aren't here just to sell things.

That 'special offer' was based on the US Infomercials where you get lots of extra stuff if you order NOW. My apologies for including that, although you probably have similar tv shows in Italy.

Ok then......are we good now? Sorry for the confusion and I hope to see more of your posts down the road.

Martin

Yeah, don't do more subterfuges doctor... just shut up and take his money :icon_razz: :icon_mrgreen:

St. James Founder's Reserve cedarwood and clarysage shaving cream
Schick M adjustable with Pal hollow ground injector / vintage Personna Precision / Schick Ultra Platinum on settings 2 and 1
Proraso pre- and post- shave cream as post
Paco Rabane 1 Million

The first two blades were draggy and dull and smooth and dull, respectively. With the Schick blade it was a decent result in the end.

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 30mm Simpson CHUBBY 2 Best Badger
SOAP/CREAM: QED Essentials Fresh Lime
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: G. Wostenholm & Sons, The Celebrated IXL Razor - Washington Works
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Castle Forbes After shave Balm
COLOGNE: CLINIQUE happy for men
RESULT: Excellent, BBS shave

SODT_IXL_B-2.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Prep L'Occitane Vetyver Soap
Feather AC - SS
Feather Pro Blade
Brush Simpsons Chubby 1 in Super
Cream Simpsons
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
L'Occitane Baux EDT

Jamie

The Feather AC - SS always delivers.

001-1.jpg

Tuesday

Merkur 39C
Feather Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip
MB's Bay Rhum Soap
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Not much rotation going on at the moment!

Ian

Back
Top Bottom