SOTD Sat August 4 through to Fri the 10th

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue SOC 2 band
Razor: J A Hellberg
Soap: Castle Forbes, Lime (yum, it's so sweet)
AS: La Toja Manantiales
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Bild071.jpg

Morning all,

Hot shower prep with L'Occitane Vetyver Soap
Proraso pre/post new green
Proraso new green cream
Vulfix 404
DE89 with Astra SP
Cold rinse
Floid Original A/S

Back to using the Astra SP again this morning , Very smooth result.

Greetings

Monday 6th August 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor : Schick Type I
Blade: Modern Coated
Brush: Vie Long 13061M Horse
Soap: Tweex pressed into a container
Aftershave: Wilkinson Sword Sensitive Balm

A really nice shave, the Tweex/Horse combination works up a lovely creamy slippery lather, I accept many folk to not like the smell of these Turkish shave sticks but their lather is, IMHO, superb.

Regards
Dick

Trumper Almond soap
Vulfix 404 bristle & badger
EJDE89L, Yellow
RSC balm

The oversize goatee has been transformed into a horseshoe tash. Still pondering whether to throw caution to the wind and keep it for a meeting tomorrow, or go back to my conventional clean shaven with modest sideburns look.

Today, a "minimalistic" shave:

6nsb29.jpg

Santa Maria Novella shaving cream + Semogue 1335 + Slant bakelite with Astra #2 + Myrsol Metilsol sample + Aubrey Organics City Rythms balm sample

First use of this bakelite razor and it shaves really well! Incredible for a so light razor, but it is very well designed.

Cheers!

What are the vintage PAL injector blades like? I have some I've never tried (might be different to yours though). The Pal 'hollow ground's DE blades are one of the worst blades I've tried

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
'Webley'/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
C&S #88 SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (old juice)

This soap's quite good.......wish I liked the scent a little more though. Very nice slip and cushion, with much better than average post shave skin care.

BBS results,

Martin

MONDAY MORNING

Aristocrat #58
Gillette 365 (1)
Semogue 1305
Mama Bears lime soap
Witch hazel
Bulldog AS balm

Hadn't shave since Friday morning (sloppy!)

3 days growth wiped off easily with this setup. Very nice shave.

Monday:

Nanny's French Lavender Hard Soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM Blade (2)
Prof Blighty's Green Ginger AS

If its got to be a Monday, I might as well start it well. Top shave.

dodgy said:
Dr Dulcamara said:
iMy handle UFO U2 has become my "go to" handle when I have a new head for testing. I can attest that the head Weber ARC is excellent, and to the handle UFO U2 are a couple "killer". I've got an extraordinary and close shave with a high smoothness.

Oh jeeez, it's the Good Doctor with his new set up,

Well, it was a matter of time before you started taunting me once again, this time with a UFO/Weber combo. I'm guessing this will be a rough time for me as more pics are added. Sheeesh.

So you like the Weber, eh? Hadn't heard what you thought about it. Sounds like you and your three 'friends' are gonna enjoy those things.

Martin

Martin, write an email to UFO asap, do not be foolish, my friend. Buy a handle while you can. Can not go wrong. And if you do not, you'll regret in hell with all other sinners. A UFO handle will redeem your sins away, it is a godsend. :angel:

Dr Dulcamara said:
[Martin, write an email to UFO asap, do not be foolish, my friend. Buy a handle while you can. Can not go wrong.

Hah, well said Good Doctor,

Take control and make the dough!!! I like that. Yep, tell those idiots (me in this case) what they need to do right now, since these exquisite pieces of shaving wonderfulness won't be available forever. Take advantage of my 'fear of loss', not to mention peer pressure scorn. Steer them dumb cattle where you want em to go.

Heh, and when I pay for this special one time VERY limited offer, that world famous craftsman will throw in a second handle absolutely free! Plus, a kilo of Parma Prosciutto if I'm one of the first 50 members to purchase today..

I bet you do pretty well selling your magical tonics, and thank you for thinking of my well being.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom