SOTD SAT 9 June to 16 June

Friday

Dovo Best Quality 5/8
New Forest 2201 Brush
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner

Same as yesterday, but with a better result that included an ATG neck pass and no red stuff.

Ian

Re: RE: SOTD SAT 9 June to 16 June

I have a backup Fatboy - my only backup razor thus far. I am always in two minds whether to use the original near-pristine one or the replated gold one which I had first and has historically been my daily go-to.
Maybe each one needs a backup...

Aqueous cream
Kent (MWF)
Old Type with Astra Keramik
M and S Autograph a/s balm

Fancied trying out the Old today. I have to remember how to readjust as the Fatboy gets used most of the time these days. So much so that after typing the name of the razor I paused to think which setting I had it on!
A lighter, slower shave with very good results. These Astra Keramiks aren't super-sharp but they are above average and their smoothness is their strength.

Thursday:
Palmolive cream
Omega silvertip
Slim Adjustable @6 WTG, XTG; @8 ATG
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge (2)
T&H Trafalgar AS

Fantastic BBS results.

Friday:
Prof. Blighty's Harlequin soap
Semogue SOC boar - getting better as it breaks in with each shave
Slim Adjustable @6 WTG, XTG; @8 ATG
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge (3)
Prof. Blighty's Harlequin AS

Great shave again.

I really like the Slim, get great shaves with it.

Dove soap/hot face cloth prep
ford & medley 5/8
TI brush
Taylor's sandlewwod
Geo.F.Trumper Skin Food to finish

BSS WTG
The best shave yet with this razor, but Mr nick and Mr Burn said "Hello"
Shit Happens ;-)

Vitos Coconut shaving soap + Simpson Duke3 Best + Rotbart 15 with Polsilver #1 + La Toja Manantiales lotion with LEA balm

A good shave with a bit of irritation, but I solved it with these excellent after shaves!

Cheers!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Light Brigade (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
RL 'Safari' EdT (old juice)

This sharp old blade is a great compliment for the Webly......very smooth and comfortable shave.

BBS results,

Martin

For a bit of fun I had to bend the rules a bit - over backwards. If a cartridge has only two blades, then it is DE, surely? While looking for vintage Gillette razors, I also found Gillette TracII razors, which I thought elegant - so I bought a couple or three. Then as an after-thought, some G2 blades in UK.

St James Pre-shave Oil
St James Shave Cream
Neep SS-GE brush
Wooden handled Gillette Trac II razor with G2 blade
Miguel's a/s balm
Raw Vanilla​

A good and easy BBS. Trac II will stay in my rotation and provide a travel solution with only hand luggage. The St James range is very good stuff - not expensive but it works!

friday

white proraso pre post
Neo custom 2 band
Nannys Yushu soap
FT rocket + gilette yellow (3?)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 2 passes + touch ups, very smooth, no irritation. Think I am going for a razor change now. Been using the FT rocket for ages it seems and its great.
Dont really know what to choose next, merkur HD, Slim adj., or EJ head + bull mastiff handle..? Havent used a merkur in ages..

One thing I do know now is when I change, I will stick with that razor choice for a good while.

Friday!!! And a new adventure this morning. Been looking for a reasonably priced Merkur Progress for sometime now and it's here!![attachment=4967]
Very impressed! After the 1st save this AM I think I have a new favorite Merkur! Coupled with the Dorco blade, it was really a pleasant and close shave. Recommend this combo for anyone. Even those with the most sensitive skin.
Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Dorco new platinum
Soap: Monsavon nice soap
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Alum
Brush: Badger
AS: Clubman Draggon Noir
Balm: Nivea sensitive
Really nice shave!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339767243.028866.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 30
This morning is the beginning of a week of change.

I will be using a different brush, and a different razor, and different soap and After Shave for the next 8 days.

I have already made the selections and taken all the SOTD pictures for the next few days so will have to stick to the choices now.

This mornings line up.

Brush: Rod Neep #1041 Kenya Soapstone handle + Extra Silvertip
Cream: TOBS Eton College
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock (yellow)
A/S: TOBS Eton College

A very pleasant shave, I really like this brush as it lathers really well, but I do have to be careful with it as the handle is very heavy and I have a feeling if I drop it the new glass shelf in the bathroomm may be history.
I haven't used the Slim Adjustable for a while either so it was nice to use an old friend again.