AoS travel brush
EJ DE 89
MK Sport cologne
Have fun!
79892803384fabc13966dfda03f9e58f.jpg

Wednesday 3 February 2016

226983d1454513381-sun-january-31th-sat-february-06th-sotd-03022016.jpg

My First Mastro Livi

This is my very first Mastro Livi, the one which introduced me into high quality of shaving and made by this incredible Italian craftsman. I bought this razor in April 2013 and, as of today, it never needed any honing, not even a pass on any paste. It shaves like the first time and it amazes me more and more. I have always followed Mastro Livi's wise advises on how to maintain a straight razor, that is his loom strop and hand palm, and it works. This razor is made of Damasteel Blue Tongue pattern - as far as I know, a discontinued pattern - and scales are made of cobalt buckeye burl, a color not available anymore. These two factors make this razor even more special, not to mention the fact it still gives a super smooth and velvety shave, close and impeccable, even though three years have passed since the day I bought it and never honed or refreshed its edge. Simply amazing!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Cella Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Omega Bristle Brush 48
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Damasteel Blue Tongue, 7/8 Full Hollow, Livi Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: L'Erbolario Vetiver Hamamelis Aftershave Lotion

Wednesday 3 February 2016

226983d1454513381-sun-january-31th-sat-february-06th-sotd-03022016.jpg

My First Mastro Livi

This is my very first Mastro Livi, the one which introduced me into high quality of shaving and made by this incredible Italian craftsman. I bought this razor in April 2013 and, as of today, it never needed any honing, not even a pass on any paste. It shaves like the first time and it amazes me more and more. I have always followed Mastro Livi's wise advises on how to maintain a straight razor, that is his loom strop and hand palm, and it works. This razor is made of Damasteel Blue Tongue pattern - as far as I know, a discontinued pattern - and scales are made of cobalt buckeye burl, a color not available anymore. These two factors make this razor even more special, not to mention the fact it still gives a super smooth and velvety shave, close and impeccable, even though three years have passed since the day I bought it and never honed or refreshed its edge. Simply amazing!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Cella Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Omega Bristle Brush 48
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Damasteel Blue Tongue, 7/8 Full Hollow, Livi Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: L'Erbolario Vetiver Hamamelis Aftershave Lotion
The Mastro Livi looks gorgeous! Congratz!

bautiful.gif

46041c9f2721cc7dda13ce9921d034e7.jpg
SOTD - 03/02/16

I committed one of the cardinal sins of shaving this morning, I shaved with two brand new and unused products together for the first time.

I can be forgiven for using this exquisite new brush of mine , which performed beautifully. No stink initially to speak of so after a few hand lathers last night it was down to business for it this morning. Firstly the handle is just so chunky , manly and gorgeous, secondly I don't know why I stayed away from Finest knots for fear of scritch for so long. The tips of this knot are very similar to the Shavemac 3 Band Silvertip fan I received recently and anyone who has been seeing my SOTD'S will know how much I fell in love with it.

I had to go back to the puck to finish my shave but this has been my experience with new brushes with this type of soft tipped knot. The aforementioned Shavemac did the same for va half dozen shaves before it or I hit my stride when loading it.

I also tried a Kamisori single edge blade that are supposed to be very sharp compared to the other SE blades available. It was a bit plucky at first but in the end gave a mirror like finish, a full BBS in 2 passes. Great way to start your day!

Barrister & Mann Seville
Brad Sears S7 26mm 2 Band Finest in Cocobolo
Laverne & Shirley B2 Satin with Jurgen Hempel SS Wave
Kamisori SE (1)
Fine American Blend

3rd February 2016

Bulldog Shower Gel
Panna Crema Namaste
Amphora w/Purtech
Face Lathered
Gillette Trac II (Bakelite) & Wilkinson Sword II (7)
Single Pass - WTG (Slide)

IMG_2939_Fotor.jpg

Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender Aftershave
Sung Homme EDT
Pinaud Eau de Quinine Hair Tonic​

Thursday

Xpec
Semogue OC Boar
Slim Adjustable
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Alum
Pinaud Clubman
Nivea Creme

20160203_182102_zpszipfkzr3.jpg

Slick, slick, slick! First use of this cream and it was super slick. Smeared some on my face, whipped up a great lather and had a great shave.

Thur 4th Feb
Stirling Synthetic
OSP Bay Rum
PAL S/S Adjustable Injector [on L + 1 ]
Schick S/S [ 8 ]
Alum Rub/ Aqua Velva.
Even though I have a heavy growth, the razor works well for me on lower settings . Despite the blade being on its 8th use , I got a really a really smooth and comfortable shave with a good finish.

IMG_0147.jpg

Back
Top Bottom