Proraso pre
MWF
Duke 2 Best
Merkur 34c HD
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (2)
Thayer's Witchhazel Astringent Lemon
L'Occitane Cade AS Balm

DFS on both occasions

Had to interview a candidate for a job today so thought I'd best look sharp and well shaved!! First impressions last and all that!

Prep - hot shower and RSC face scrub
Proraso green pre-shave cream
TOBS coconut cream applied with Vulfix Grosvenor Brush
Muhle R89 with new Astra Platinum blade
Post shave - alum block then Nivea post shave balm

Excellent two passes, one WTG, one at about 45 degrees (between XTG and ATG) leaving me very smooth and not a nick in sight!! Loving the TOBS and the astra platinum at the moment.

EDIT forgot to mention I was in Munich monday night with hand luggage only. Thought I'd try a disposable so got some Gillette blues. Never ever used a disposable before. Small tin of some foaming gel. Shave was OK but was nowhere near a clean shave and there was no way I was going in any direction other than WTG. By lunchtime I was as rough as a badger's posterior! Having undertaken the one shave with said item, I followed the instruction on the pack and disposed of it! The remaining 9 will do for the odd occasional work trip.

Crabtree and Evelyn shaving cream
Henk walnut silvertip
Slim Adjustable on 5, 3, 5
Polsilver Stainless
Vitos cream as cooling balm

Lovely and smooth although expected to get closer ATG but it just wasn't happening. Still pretty close though

Thursday 7th February

My normal prep and then things went pear shaped :-(
I had slept in and was in a rush to get to my night duty. Didnt wear my glasses whilst shaving .....not good when using an Excelia loaded With a Feather Super Pro. One stroke later and I experienced an episode of severe blood loss. No more shaving.
At least I work in a blood bank!

Ouch. Hope you're mostly ok...

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: G Towa T 6/8"
Brush: Neep #1287 cobalt blue tulip horsehair
Soap: Monsavon
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood

Another good one.

Ach Brito Gluce soap
Simpsons Bekerley
Nanny's soft soap
dudl duck Special No1 6/8
GF Trumper Skin Food shandalwood
Ach Brito EdC

Great Friday shave

Mikael said:
[align=center]Prep: hot shower
Brush: RV
Razor: Honor by Genco
Soap: Cade
AS: Old Spice, Musk
Edt: Penhaligopn's Endymion
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

Wonderful razor, one of the under rated blades out there, I think. If you like thin and delicate German hollow grinds, this shaves close to my Dubl Ducks...

Something spooky going on here Mikael - your Penhaligons bottle appears to be levitating.

Greetings

Friday 8th February 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Injector G8
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 620 boar
Soap: Tweex pressed into a container
Aftershave; Floid Balm

A wonderful shave, this G type Schick is I think my favourite injector. Enough aggression to cut really well but super easy to shave with and it does not 'bite'.

A drunken man wearing boxing gloves and smoking dope could get a good shave out of this razor!

Regards
Dick
DSC03860.JPG

Spanish shave today! (well, at least software wise)

Cold shower
Vitos pre/post
LEA shave stick
Muhle synthetic silvertip
Merkur 37c w/Astra
Alum
Myrsol agua de Limon
La Toja ASB

I'm underwhelmed by the LEA stick despite all of the high praise - it doesn't match my German soaps (Speick, Tabac), far from it.
On a positive side though, I really liked Myrsol - nice and fresh lemon scent, decent skin conditioning and a great menthol kick (more potent than Proraso, I'd say). La Toja is just a workhorse - decent ASB, but nothing to write home about.
And how was the shave? DFS, I'd say. LEA didn't give enough protection to do a proper BBS.

Morning, gents.

Friday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 head with an iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Green (7)
Brush: Ecotools Bamboo Finishing Kabuki brush
Shave cream: Penhaligon's Endymion
A/S: Professor Blighty's Soft Vanilla

Very good.

Friday

Working from home today so time for a relaxed shave this morning and a photo.

Prep: Hot Shower + TOBS Jermyn Street Pre Shave Gel
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
Brush: New Forest Super Badger
Razor: Merkur 37c
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
A/S: TOBS Jermyn Street
Cologne: TOBS Jermyn Street

It's a while since I have used the slant, I had forgotten how good at was, especially around the neck. An excellent BBS shave this morning :)

IMG_0328_zpsd0edc9b4.jpg

Lose the beard said:
Friday

Working from home today so time for a relaxed shave this morning and a photo.

Prep: Hot Shower + TOBS Jermyn Street Pre Shave Gel
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
Brush: New Forest Super Badger
Razor: Merkur 37c
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
A/S: TOBS Jermyn Street
Cologne: TOBS Jermyn Street

It's a while since I have used the slant, I had forgotten how good at was, especially around the neck. An excellent BBS shave this morning :)

IMG_0328_zpsd0edc9b4.jpg

Nice pic mate! I love the Jermyn Street line, the smell is really nice! I have the cologne too as pictured, well I actually have two lots now as the mrs loved it so much she bought me another! :)

Helveticum said:
Spanish shave today! (well, at least software wise)

Cold shower
Vitos pre/post
LEA shave stick
Muhle synthetic silvertip
Merkur 37c w/Astra
Alum
Myrsol agua de Limon
La Toja ASB

I'm underwhelmed by the LEA stick despite all of the high praise - it doesn't match my German soaps (Speick, Tabac), far from it.
On a positive side though, I really liked Myrsol - nice and fresh lemon scent, decent skin conditioning and a great menthol kick (more potent than Proraso, I'd say). La Toja is just a workhorse - decent ASB, but nothing to write home about.
And how was the shave? DFS, I'd say. LEA didn't give enough protection to do a proper BBS.

Mmmm.. I've been intrigued by the Myrsol range.... I like your description of the Agua de Limon, it certainly appeals to me. They have some very enticing looking products... maybe next month!

Jon

Back
Top Bottom