SOTD Sat 29th Sept to Fri 5th Oct 2012

mixed feelings on todays shave

Muhle R41
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Semogue OC Boar
Arko
Sudocrem
Bodyshop Strawberry moisturiser

The shave itself felt very rough and i was expectinh a lot of irritation, howver smooth after 2 passes and only a small nick on the lip, a little angle practice is needed me thinks...

Last had a shave late afternoon yesterday so just a quick 1 pass shave with touch-ups.
Gillette Contour with Wilkinson Sword Profile
Noxzema Menthol
Givenchy Gentleman edt

Monday

Feather AC SS
Feather Pro Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Proraso Shaving Cream (Green tube)
Witch Hazel

3rd shave and best result so far with the Pro blade. 1 pass WTG on face and neck, an ATG pass on the neck only and then a little jaw-line touch up. Not totally BBS, but more than good enough.

Ian

Monday:

LEA stick
Vulfix 660
Muhle R89/Weber Bulldog
Gillette 7 o'clock Green (1)
Pinaud Vanilla
DR Harris Windsor EdT

Very nice shave. Picked up the Windsor from the sorting office this morning and I love it. Nice and smooth and smelling great.

Monday

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
Brush: Neep 28mm Extra Silvertip in Kenya Soapstone
Razor: Feather AS D1
Blade: Gillette Super Thin
A/S: TOBS Jermyn Street

Nice pleasant shave, this razor is really growing on me now, I understand why people like them so much.

Tobs Eton College
Kent BK8
37c Slant
Polisilver Stainless

Been a while since I've used the slant since the Weber came along. Forgot how important it's angles are. Think the Weber has made me lazy!

Result, very smooth but payed the price! Couple of niks and some irritation on my neck.

Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood soap
Razor Vintage Hishakaku Folding Kamisori 6/8
Brush Le Tuft 59 in Buckeyed Burl
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
Clinique Moisturiser
L'Occitane Baux EDT

Jamie

I decided to give the Hishakaku Kamisori another run out after the great shave I received the first time I used her, and what can I say another fantastic shave from this razor, two pass shave BBS.

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
]

14sbjp.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + Razorock XXX + Simpson Duke3 Best + UFO U2 Long with Gillette New and Iridium Super #2 + Myrsol Agua de Limón + Razorock Wax Eucaliptus&Tea Tree

An excellent shave! Yeah, both Razorock are superb products, although I don't like the scents much: XXX reminds me to Nenuco cologne and Wax is almost identical to Vicks Vaporub, hehe

Cheers!

Monday AM

Gillette Fat English Tech
Red Personna SS (1)
Simpsons Wee Scot
Omega Soap

Harvard ASB
Boggi (Red) EdT

Three pass, face lather.

No shave yesterday.

Deluxe and delightful.

Great shave but the star is the Boggi EdT (bought last week in Verona). I have no idea about base notes et cetera but it has a superb scent and it lasts...

:icon_razz:

Greetings

Monday 1st October 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: ER 1914 Little Lather Catcher
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Omega 10810 Boar
Cream: Erasmic
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

Super shave. After condemning this cheap boar brush and labelling it as useless I do believe it is at last starting to 'open up' a bit, although I still feel that the knot's width is too much for it's short loft, making it very stiff.

Regards
Dick.
[attachment=5739]

Attachments

• DSC03422a.jpg
    DSC03422a.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 13
Monday 10-01-12. MUSIC: John Coltrane_LP The Best of.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V63-uQ0RIKk[/video]

Afeitado_2012-10-013.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Chubby 2 best badger - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Gillette Stainless #3 - Pre JASÖN - Geo F. Trumpers Coconut shaving cream - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Speick - ASL Lilac Vegetal.

Monday 1st October

Hot Shower and Facial Scrub
Proraso Sensitive Pre/Post Shave
Kai Captain Excelia (Japanese Style)
Frank Shaving Berwick in Finest
Nanny's Forest of Norway Soap
Alum Block
Unrefined Shea Butter
James Bronnley Gentleman's EDT
Morgan's Classic Pomade

Shaves don't get much better!

merkur hd
ming shi super white
shavemac #25 silvertip
TOBS st james shave cream
vintage shulton blue stratos/ 444

a good, drama free shave. i like this ming shi blade, doesnt feel as sharp as the other two chinese blades ive tried, but its the most comfortable.

Geo F. Trumpers Lime shaving cream
Henk silvertip badger in walnut
Progress on 1 with Rhino blade (silver stainless)
Boots Freshwood aftershave balm

Got some of these from a UK seller on ebay who had Flying Eagle in the photo. His description said blades will vary. After some correspondence it transpired that he had a load of brown sealed boxes and was just selling whatever ones came out of the boxes first. In my case the order was entirely composed of these Rhino blades.
Rhino.jpg

Translation software on my phone revealed these are silver coated stainless blades. With the Progress on its lowest setting I started work. You can really feel the edge on these blades. Not because they're draggy - quite the opposite. They feel and shave a lot like Feathers; perhaps not quite as sharp but still very sharp. I got a nick on my top lip without even feeling it. A blade to take your time with. If the rest of the consignment are as good as this one was I have bought a few excellent blades.
Even with the

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Edv Neiström no 52, 9/16" 1/4 hollow
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone chubby 26mm super silvertip
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger
Scent: L'Occitane Eau Des Baux

Big brush, big accents, dinky razor. Works very well though, a keeper!

I honestly can't decide if I prefer big blades or small, in use, they each win in different ways. Big ones look better though, in general :).

Back
Top Bottom