SOTD Sat 29th Sept to Fri 5th Oct 2012

Palmolive shave stick
Ideal adjustable DE on 9 (so mild it needs this high setting to match about a 3 or 4 on a Slim)
Tiger stainless blade
Boots Freshwood aftershave lotion

Prep - Hot Towel, Simpson's Shave Cream
Razor- Muhle '11 R41
Blade - Astra S/P
Brush- New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap- P-160
Cold Rinse/ Witch Hazel/ RazoRock Aftershave Wax

underestimated the R41... a bit of a harsh shave. The Tubby and the P-160 were an excellent combo though...

Sunday, 30.ix.2012

Predopobarba Proraso
Thäter 49125/1 Silvertip
Martin de Candre
Gillette Brit. Rocket 40's style
Derby Extra
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Weleda After-Shave Balm

P1060792.jpg

Sunday 09-30-12. MUSIC: Wynton Marsalis - Jazz in Marciac 2009. :love

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnpQZ_gGY68[/video]

Afeitado_2012-09-303-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Chubby 2 best badger - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Gillette Stainless #2 - Pre JASÖN - Calani Dubai shaving soap - Alumbre - Thayers Original - ASB Weleda - ASL Weleda.

Sunday Afternoon

Having read a thread on here yesterday about shaving with a cheap razor, I thought I would have a go with mine. I was feeling brave. The razor is a cheap plasticky Weishi that came free with the Gillette Super Thin blades I bought on ebay. I've been using the blades for a while, but kept clear of the razor. On inspection it looks and behave similar to a Gillette Flair Tip Rocket, the obvious difference being the weight, or lack of.

I loaded it up with a blade and had a quick inspection, the blade was fairly central and the gaps looked OK so it was off to the bathroom for a shave.

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: GFT Spanish Leather
Brush: Rod Neep 26mm Extra Silvertip in Kenya Soapstone
Razor: Cheap Plastic Weishi thing
Blade: Gillette Super Thin
A/S: GFT Spanish Leather
Cologne: GFT Spanish Leather​

After making an excellent lather, I do love this brush it is a real lather monster for creams, I set to with intrepidation.
A fairly normal first pass with no dramas, the razor is very light and you need to do the work rather than letting the weight of the razor do it, but a reasonable first pass.
The following 2 passes went by without much of interest, except to say that I ended up BBS with no nicks or irritation. It is quite a mild razor, but it still performed.
I am truly surprised, I was expecting a dreadful shave, but the razor delivered. Was it a pleasurable shave though? No, I'll stick with my other heavier razors from now on.

30SEP2012.jpg

Gillette Tech
Feather (2)
Semogue 1520
Proraso white soap
Witch hazel
Proraso blue balm

Bulgari pour Homme

I had an allergic reaction to a cream I'd test lathered earlier today (but promptly forgot) which meant that the Proraso wasn't the best idea. The 'cooling' effect mixed with tender skin didn't make for a comfortable experience.

Suddenly realised, shortly before heading out for my customary afternoon at the movies, that I hadn't shaved since Friday. Certainly permissable in that arena, but wouldn't really give a representative test to a new-to-me blade tomorrow, so out with the quick rig: a splash of water, Noxzema Cocoa Butter from a foam can, and one pass with the Artist Club gives DFS in about four minutes total with complete comfort afterwards. Nice.

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Ikon S3S
Supermax Platinum
Muhle Silvertip Fibre 21mm Horn
Cella Crema Da Barba
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm

Well, I'm still feeling crap but my shave was better tonight.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
1958 Executive/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Klar Kabinett SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Tommy Bahama 'Martinique' cologne

Never figured on having a rose soap/cream in the rotation. This stuff easily made the line up. It's gotta be the one of the best bang for the buck soap/cream I've tried.

BBS results,

Martin

nice hot shower..and then
TIMOR In gunmetal
Derby blade
G F Trumper/Sandalwood
F/S Finest Badger
wore lass,s moisturiser.

had a long day decorating,and a day or two s growth.so got all the new toys out to play.
new cream,excellent.new brush excellent,was enjoying the shave so much but decided to quit after 3 passes.
bit red on the neck,mainly due to trying thing,s out,and it was the second shave with the derby blade
Ian

SUNDAY EVENING

Gillette Aristo Jr
Rapira (1)
Semogue LE Boar 2
Mama Bears lime soap
Witch hazel
Institut Karite balm

Am trying the diamond headplate Aristo Jr I bought from Erwin. It's just as good as it's brethren.

Good shave tonight, but I find the Mama Bears quite hard work. Have to attack the puck between each pass to get a reasonable lather, and it doesn't last like a good tallow lather.

dodgy said:
Klar Kabinett SS

Never figured on having a rose soap/cream in the rotation. This stuff easily made the line up. It's gotta be the one of the best bang for the buck soap/cream I've tried.

I agree, Martin. It's a corker.

Back
Top Bottom