SOTD Sat 29th Sept to Fri 5th Oct 2012

Up stupidly early today as driving down to Cornwall for a wedding today. Only a 6 hour drive, don't know why the misses wants to get down there quite so early. A 5am departure would have done me but not her.

Anyway here goes

Prep: Hot Shower (boiler fixed now)
Soap: Floris JF
Brush: Neep 22mm Silvertip in Masir Birch
Razor: Feather AS-D1
Blade: Gillette Super Thin
A/S: Floris JF

29SEP2012.jpg

Few days stubble growth, so broke out the slant sledgehammer this morning.

1) Pre-shave with hot water and Clinique facial cleansing bar (aka soap).
2) Loaded up an Edwin Jagger silvertip with Ingrams cream. I needed the menthol hit to wake up this morning.
3) One pass WTG and one XTG. With a feather bladed loaded into the sledgehammer, that's all I need.
4) Post shave: Rinse with cold water and apply Trumpers' fragrance free moisturiser.

Result: A very comfortable shave and easily close enough for the rest of today. Also feeling wide awake thanks to the menthol hit!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, as well :), in lovely coffee bean handle (cheers Rod!)
Razor: Garanti with fancy back
Cream: Vulfix English Rose
AS: Ogallala Limes and Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Clean enough[/undefined]
Well, this was a two pass so so shave, sometimes I get them and even though you prob get cleaner than 98 percent of the male population on earth when we have these shaves, it wasn't a good shave for me :D
0011024x702.jpg

Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood soap
Razor Vintage Hishakaku Folding Kamisori 6/8
Brush Simpson Chubby 1 in Super
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
Clinique Moisturiser
Lalique Encre Noire EDT

Jamie

A beautiful shave and the very first ever for this vintage Hishakaku NOS folding Kamisori, I honed her a few days previously after watching a few of Glen's video's on Kamisori razor honing, to be honest it couldn't have been simpler.

002-3.jpg

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Dubl Duck special No.1
Neep #1214 - Aztec Leopard Skin Jasper
The Body Shop Maca Root Cream
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm
Penhaligons Exract of Limes Cologne

I've used all this kit many times before and the Dubl Duck was as sharp as you'd want it, but not a good shave today. Not been tip-top for a few days so I'm assuming that may have something to do with it, swapping to the Ikon made no difference nor fiddling with the lather. Poo.

Saturday 29th September

Hot Shower and Facial Scrub
Proraso Sensitive Pre/Post shave cream
Muhle R106/Permasharp Super
Semogue 1250 Brush
Col Conk Bay Rum Soap
Home produced toner (based on cider vinegar)
Unrefined Shea Butter
Kramperts Finest bay Rum
Dax Short and Neat

A very smooth shave with a little work. This razor is considerably milder than those I am accustomed to.

Bulldog for men face wash.
Muhle R89 with Personna red #2
Simpsons special brush in best.
Professor Blighty's Harlequin shaving soap.
Professor Blighty's Harlequin ASB.
Professor Blighty's Harlequin Cologne.

Have a good weekend gents.

SATURDAY MORNING

Muhle R41
Tiger (4)
Beejay amber acrylic brush with TGN knot
Clinique shave gel
Institut Karite balm

In a rush this morning so tried something different.

Just did a 2 pass WTG and ATG shave and was astonished at how good it was. I suppose this razor is so aggressive you can get away with it.

The shave gel is pretty pants though. I've been spoilt by all the excellent soaps and creams we use.

Saturday:

Tabac soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Pro Guard Blade
TOBS Mr Taylors AS

Very nice. I've had a few nightmares with this razor recently, but today was great. BBS results.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

no brush
1969 gold plated Super Adjustable/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS 1969)
vintage Old Spice Smooth Shave canned stuff (late 1950s)
Hai Karate 'Oriental Spice' AS

Today's my fifth anniversary of when I started on my DE journey. Used a super back then, and figured I'd get this one out. Full circle kinda thing.

The only one I had is this Christmas version, which I bought around four years ago and never used. It's one of those where it's in too gooda shape to get wet, or it was till today.....heh. If it was truly mint I woulda passed it up, but I did notice a few very faint signs of wear and that was that. Really a nice shave. Hah, it woulda been ironic if the blade gap was off on this thing.

This shaving cream is a kick. I only use a thin layer for each pass, which is fine. Still plenty of cushion, and it's kinda fun applying it with my fingers for a change. Slip is good, as is the post shave skin care. The scent is still potent and sweet after all these years.

Oriental Spice was made to compete with Old Spice and it does a great job. I like this juice as much as the OS, and it was made in the 1960s.

So this set up worked out pretty darn well. Left me with BBS results.

Martin

Saturday 09-29-12. MUSIC: The Beatles_LP Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltL1rWyk87E[/video]

Afeitado_2012-09-295-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Chubby 2 best badger - Merkur 37C Slant - Gillette Stainless #1 - Pre JASÖN - Lavanda Ach. Brito shaving cream - Alumbre - Thayers Original - ASB Castle Forbes Lavanda - ASL Lavanda Ach. Brito.

Back
Top Bottom