SOTD sat 28 july through to fri 3 august...

AOS Sandalwood
New Forest Chubby
Fatip Grande
Astra SP

I went back to this razor today after a long spell using my Merkur Progress which I love, the Fatip really surprised me, this is the second time I have used it with the Astra blade and wow it is a really good match, very comfortable and smooth. The fatip seems more blade specific compared to most of my razors but this combo works very very well. Top 10 shave.

Norky

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: ERN 13/16" "Crown & Sword", extra hollow
Brush: New Forest High Mountain Badger
Soap: Provence Sante verlaine
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood

An lovely shave and a lovely day - six or seven hours hanging out and chatting with an old friend I've barely seen in six or seven years.

Thursday, 2.viii.2012

Prebarba Vitos
Semogue 1438
Top Secret
Schick Injector L1 white
Schick/Wilkinson Injector Blades
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lavender
La Toja ASL

P1060641.jpg

Friday:

LEA Sensitive Cream
Semogue SOC Boar
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Pro Guard blade (1)
Barbershop Bay Rum
TOBS St James EdC

Guard blades arrived yesterday, so tried them out this morning. Nice results. The Guard gave me the confidence to do a bit more ATG than with the Pro blades. Nice and smooth.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest 2201
Razor: TI, special edition 2011
Soap: LEA stick
AS: La Toja, Manantiales
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Love this LEA stick, nifty and very good lather (face lathered and it was good for three passes, if not more).
Bild040.jpg

Friday

Muhle R41
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge Blade
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
Mama Bear's (*gag*) Bay Rhum Soap
Witch Hazel

A couple of MB (I'm not typing it again in full) soaps came my way by way of a trade with Brushfan. The Bay Rhum works very nicely, but doesn't smell much like a Bay Rum to me, although it is quite nice.

Ian

thurs night

BBR razor
red personna (white wrapper version)
nannys spearmint cooler
simposn brush
spiek intensive cream to finish

rubbish shave, face sore and patches of rough bits i couldn't bring myself to get rid of. i've heard bad things about QC of red personnas, but perhaps they don't suit the BBR, the first one i tried in the Merkur travel razor i had worked fine. but to be fair i don't use the nannys soap that often, perhaps i should have stuck to the palmolive stick as per normal.
its one of the vagaries of de shaving i suppose, green gillettes work fine in the BBR but not in the travel razor. the only blade i've tried so far that seems to get a good shave in both are lab blues. still i've got more to try before i settle and get some bigish orders in
hohum

steve

FRIDAY MORNING

Aristocrat 58
Lord Racer (2)
Semogue 1305
Goats milk shaving soap
Witch hazel
Bulldog AS balm

BBS shave but a few weepers on the neck.

I think this blade is only good for 2 passes really.

I'm persevering with this soap as it feels so nice on the skin but the vanishing lather means it hasn't got as much slip as others.

I suspect this and the slightly dull blade gave me the nicks. The Aristo is a lovely razor.

Shower
Pre : EJ pre shaving cream
Merkur 12C
Bolzano Blade
Shavemac Pure Badger
Palmolive cream
Brut AlAska
Nivea Balm Mix with 444
[attachment=5247]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343987686.908360.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343987686.908360.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 13
Hi alls. Coming back to the SOTD thread after a lot of time without camera.

Thursday 08-02-12. MUSIC: Roxy Music_LP For Your Pleasure (1973)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myej-swl8a0

2012-08-02_0011.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Restored brush silvertip grade A - Gillette Fatboy - Israeli Personna #2 - Pre JASÖN - Calani Dubai shaving soap - Alum block - Thayers Lemon - ASB Weleda - ASL Aubrey Organics North Woods.

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Ikon S3S
Derby - resigned to the blade bin
Dorco 301 (1)
Simpsons Tulip T1
Proraso Green Cream (New Formula)
Nivea Replenishing balm
Penhaligons Quercus Cologne

A potentially nice shave spoiled by a duff blade - quick swap and all turned out good in the end.

Re: RE: SOTD sat 28 july through to fri 3 august...

Mikael said:
Razor: TI, special edition 2011

Mikael, that is a gorgeous thing. Those scales. Wow. Luckily today I signed mortgage papers, which should stop me blowing all my money on straights...

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (1)
Brush: Vie-Long Horse 13070
Soap: Proraso green
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger
Scent: Creed Santal

As usual with a brand-new blade, slashed a bath sponge ten or so times to take the potential rawness off it. A perfect shave - one pass was already more than acceptable, three exceptional.

Back
Top Bottom