SOTD Sat 24th - Fri 30th Nov 2012

Prep Pre Shave
TFS Freschezza Polare Soap
1958 Super Speed
Astra sp
Simpsons Duke Best
Witch Hazel.
My birth year razor and i can now see why some of you guys like the old ones.
this might be the start of something very expensive.:icon_eek:

Prep: Hot Towel
Razor: Aristocrat No.21
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (2)
Brush: Culmak Junior
Soap: Palmolive stick, grated into a bowl.
Aftershave: Prof. Blighty Grapewood

TUESDAY EVENING

Gillette Aristocrat Jr 48
Gillette Super Platinum (1)
Simpsons Chubby 1
De Vergulde Hand stick
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Decided to give the Aristo another run out to remind myself how excellent it is.

The result, a very close shave indeed. :D

Tuesday 27th November

Hot shower and Facial Scrub
3P Pre/Post Cream
Ford & Medley 333 5/8 razor
Semogue Caravela Brush
La Toja Shave Stick
Proraso AS
Organic Shea Butter
Yardley Citrus & Wood EDT

Three passes for a close and comfortable shave

Meant to post this earlier but the sieve like brain I have...what was I saying?

Jagger 89 head with JEC Rocket XL handle
English NOS Wilkinson Sword blade
Rooney butterscotch brush re-knotted with 24mm finest two band
Trumper's violet cream
TOBS Mr Taylor's AS
Astral cream

Glorious shave today! Those English Wilkie blades are the absolute mutts and I took things a bit easier today as far as pressure is concerned whereas with the BIC the other day, I felt I was chasing down every last bit of stubble but still not quite getting it. Really surprised at just how soft the badger hair felt after using the Omega boar for a while so I'll be running out the Rooney tomorrow again. TOBS Mr Taylor's has got me all of flurry - I simply cannot get enough of the scent! To think I had a bottle of this back in '03 but couldn't remember much about it. How things change. Trumpers violet cream is simply amazing so Santa may be asked to replenish the tube I was very kindly PIF'ed by PavlovsDog.

Wednesday:

Nanny's Lavender Hard Soap
Seomogue OC Boar
Slim Adjustable
7 o'clock SharpEdge
Witch Hazel
DR Harris Windsor AS
DR Harris Arlington EdT

Fantastic shave, BBS results.

Aye, Wednesday......

Gillette Rocket HD
English Wilkie (2)
Rooney butterscotch reknotted
Trumper's coconut soap
Mr Taylor's AS
Astral cream

My last shave was superb and only around 16 hours ago so a wee 2 pass flick with the Rocket seemed the best bet. Nah, said Rocket is not for me and will be passed on to pastures new. The Trumper's coconut soap isn't bad but neither is it great so meh, really. I am however, very grateful to Halk for the chance to try it out - top man! I fear I may becoming a big cream softie.....:blush:

All was finished off with a wee swish of the 'tache comb and most importantly, a pot of tea!

I really enjoy reading everyone's comments and SotD kit lists so if you're thinking why bother doing it, please continue!

Greetings

Tuesday 28th November 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Pushbutton
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Turkish No. 6 (animal hair!)
Cream: La Toja
Aftershave: Adidas Balm

A slightly closer shave than yesterdays with the GEM Contour; which is very strange given that the geometry of the head in relation to blade gap and angle seems to be identical on both of these razors and the fact that the blade is one shave older and I prefer the feel of the Contour.

It always amazes me how much razors that seen so similar can shave differently.

A razor is not simply a blade holder or they all would be alike and it would be possible to obtain the same quality of shave with a stick cut from a hedgerow, split with a pocket knife and a SE blade inserted! Now I am sure it is possible to shave with a split stick as a blade holder but I shall not be trying any time in the foreseeable future. Graeme (Gairdner) has a 'feeling' for wood perhaps he might like to try! :icon_cheesygrin:

The point I make is that the differences between all razors is in fact very small but the resulting differences in shave are huge.

Regards
Dick.

Pre Veleiro soap + Welleda shaving cream + Kent BK8 Silvertip + Weber ARC Bulldog with Iridium Super + Ach Brito Lavanda cologne with Proraso balm

Today warm lavender lather party with this LE scuttle and Welleda shaving cream! It has one of the most natural lavender scent I have tried and works really well, a shame that at least here in Spain is so expensive.

Ach Brito cologne has not a remarkable scent or last much, but is good to mix with a unscented balm like Proraso and in that manner I can use more without irritation issues, hehe

Cheers!

Morning, everyone.

Wednesday:

Cardi shave day 12

Prep: Gillette facewash
Razor: Yuma
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond (12)
Brush: Wilko cheapie
Shave cream: Real Shaving Company
A/S: Adidas Dynamic Pulse

Wednesday 11-28-12. MUSIC: Peter Gabriel_LP Peter Gabriel (Car).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKWS-j1t2l8&feature=related[/video]

Afeitado_2012-11-283-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran 28X56 - Feather all satinless - Super Iridium #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Institut de Karité - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum.

Back
Top Bottom