SOTD Sat 24th - Fri 30th Nov 2012

Prep: Real Shave Company facial scrub/hot water
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
Brush: Isana boar brush
PreShave : Somerset shave oil
Shave soap: Cella/Leder shave cream
A/S: Barbershop Bay Rum

Really nice shave - I was really not enjoying the EJ89 until these last 4 shaves. I think the secret is having a good blade in there. If i had to, i could use that combo forever - (thankfully, i don't :)).
My technique is really improving too - my blade angle was far too steep previously. The shave oil compliments the bay rum. i'm really enjoying the learning process now i've gone back to basics

Jagger '89 head with JEC Rocket XL handle
BIC Chrome blade
Omega large boar knot (still without handle......:icon_rolleyes:)
MWF
Mr Taylor's AS
Astral cream

Half asleep & and not paying proper attention are not the best starts to a shave but I got there in the end. Neck is a bit irritated however, but at least I'm not. Really need to get a handle on that boar knot which might just be starting to lose its hideous odour but I keep forgetting to order some Forstner drill bits - doh! I am completely taken by the magnificent scent of the Mr Taylor's and have begged the gaffer for some cologne to extend this warmingly wonderful aroma throughout the day. Thank goodness she likes it too. :D

but graeme, i know you have a fantastic wooden handle just waiting around for a brush.........and a boar brush just waiting for a handle. If only there was a way of bringing them together..............hmmmm.

Get those drill bits!!! :)

Monday 11-26-12. MUSIC: Lou Reed_LP Transformer.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RUnf8vKlMc[/video]

Afeitado_2012-11-26-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran 28X56 - Feather all satinless - Super Iridium #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Castle Forbes - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Castle Forbes - ASL Honeybee Gardens Key Lime.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Polo 14
Razors: Klas Törnblom + GEM Junior (for head)
Soap: Dr Harris Almon + Proraso cream
AS: TOBS Victorian Lime + Tiger face lotion
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean indeed :D

This very nice but huge brush dwarfs this 7/8 blade and need twice the amount of soap compared to Chubby 2.
0071024x717.jpg

Hot towel
Proraso pre shave - menthol
TOBS Sandalwood Cream
EJ BB medium brush
Gillette Slim (on 3), Astra SP (1)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

Tried out a posh new lathering bowl... couldn't keep a lather going in it... back to the plastic NHS denture cleaning bowl tomorrow. Despite that... an excellent shave and zero irritation... the alum block was purely out of habit.

Wasn't too impressed by the Astra SPs first time round... but now I'm giving most blades a second go... they're definitely staying in my blade box... excellent.

today's shave

gem6.jpg

Hot face wash /prep
GEM micromatic
Kent BK4 brush
Taylor's sandalwood shaving cream
Alum block
Goe.F.Trumper sandalwood SkinFood to finish

Result BSS WTG

Yes the alum block has had an outing.... but for a tiny smallest nick you can think of.
Smooth, refreshed, revived. even the wife had a sniff/kiss of the face.....that's unusual for her to do that....she's after something me thinks :dodgy:

Prep: Hot Shower
Face Wash: Nivea Deep Cleaning
Razor: Aristocrat No.21
Blade: Polsilver Stainless
Brush: Culmak Junior
Soap: La Toja stick
Aftershave: Superdrug Forest Fresh

First shave using the Polsilver Stainless blades....Smooth :) but 'longevity' is my new middle name since trying the Gillette 7 o'clock Blacks, so time will tell if they continue to cut for me later in the week.

This is also the first use of the (vintage) Culmak since I picked it up cheap a few weeks ago. I still had the honking 'aroma' of a fresh brush, as well as impeccably straight bristles with no split ends, so I've had it in and out of the Barbicide since then and topped off with a bit of conditioner. The verdict: a worthy little bargain brush. Time will tell if it breaks in nicely, but if it does it'll be into the washbag for my travels :D

hot shower prep
Gillette 58
feather (3)
RSC cream bowl lathered
cheap turkish brush
forest fresh AS

Another super smooth shave, this razor and blade work really well for me. The RSC cream is great and only 99p must buy more :icon_razz:

Shaving on the road with dedicated travel kit, although if tomorrow shave is as good as todays it may well be my domestic kit.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso white
Soap: La Toja Stick
Brush: Omega 31064 Boar
Razor: Merkur 46C travel
Blade: Polsilver
Balm: Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus

A really great evening shave. Very impressed with the Polsilver and loving the La Toja stick... great lather using boar brush. Almost wanted to do more passes than necessary just to feel the lather again.
Shave today was after a long drive through heavy rain. It felt so good, refreshing, really helped to get rid of the journey.

Jon

Monday 26th November

Hot shower and Facial Scrub
Proraso Sensitive Pre/Post cream
Dovo Olive Wood 5/8 Stainless
Frank Shaving Warick Silvertip
Salters French Vetyver Shaving Cream
Myrsol Metilsol
Organic Shea Butter
James Bronnley Gentlemans EDT
Dax Superneat

I havent used this razor much. The result was perfect...but to me.....the blade is not as sharp as a carbon equivalent

Back
Top Bottom