Hot bath (the backs getting better)
Gillette Fat Handled tech gold plated
Feather blade
Kent BK4 Brush
Taylor's sandalwood shaving cream
Geo.F.Trumper sandalwoood skinFood to finish

Result... BSS WTG

Sorry if you've got a gold razor fetish, thats not helping you is it :angel:
Just in the mood for a lazy shave today, and this combo ticks all the right boxes for me.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest high mountain badger
Razor: Otto Busch, Weltmeister
Cream: Simpson
AS: La Toja la Manantiales
Edt: Penhaligon, English Fern
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Nice little blade and second time for the Simpson cream, it's nice stuff and a little goes a long way (only thing is a initial scent I don't like, strangely it goes away after a couple of whirls in the bowl) :D
0071024x661.jpg

John said:

Well I didn't have but I might now! The wide, plain Tech head and fat handle suit the gold really well. Always thought gold razors were a trifle ostentatious till now. John you ruddy enabllng bugger! :angel::d

Gairdner said:
John said:

Well I didn't have but I might now! The wide, plain Tech head and fat handle suit the gold really well. Always thought gold razors were a trifle ostentatious till now. John you ruddy enabllng bugger! :angel::d

LOL :icon_twisted: I know it's naughty having a gold razor,but the tech is simple and beautiful in gold..... Looks like you'll have to risk your fingers in that till of yours :icon_razz:

Got a fat handled English tech for a fiver t'other day but may need to wait till Christmas for Dave at Restored Razors to wave his magic golden wand over it.

That till is a se-se-se-security device! It even catches errand boys by the t-t-t-t, by the t-t-t-trousers.....:D

Gairdner said:
Got a fat handled English tech for a fiver t'other day but may need to wait till Christmas for Dave at Restored Razors to wave his magic golden wand over it.

That till is a se-se-se-security device! It even catches errand boys by the t-t-t-t, by the t-t-t-trousers.....:D

LOL ,I've also got a 1930s tech that I got from dave in nickel he does a good job with them and yours will look as new when finished.

Wednesday 28th November

Hot Shower and Facial scrub
Proraso Pre/Post Cream
Thiers Issard 11/16 Extra Heavy Grind
Muhle Kosmo Silvertip Fibre
Nannys Nutmeg and Spice Soap
Witch Hazel
Organic Shea Butter
TBS Activist EDT
Brylcreem Original

A really close and comfortable 3 pass shave, I could probably have stopped with 2......but I just followed my normal routine!

Scent From Heaven Aramis-style shaving soap
Progress on 1.5, 1 with Shark Super Chrome
SFH Aramis-style moisturising balm

I like Aramis! The moisturising balm is pretty strong.

A good shave. I haven't used the New open comb for a while and can find it a bit scratchy if I don't get the angle quite right. This was a scratchy but better than average DFS.

Prep - Hot Towel, Olivia's Bay Rum Soap
Razor - Weber ARC
Blade - Astra S/P
Brush - New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap - Olivia's Natural Shaving Cream
Cold Rinse/ Witch Hazel/ Pacific Shaving ASB

hmm, Olivia's Natural Shaving Cream.. an odd one...couldn't seem to get the lather right, but still had an irritation free shave, and skin feels great.... definitely one to work on, as it has a lot going for it!!

Prep Proraso white
NF tubby 1
Proraso sandalwood
Weber DLC/UFO U2 - Astra SP
Proraso white ASB

Not sure I'm keen on the ASB a little thin for me. Two pass shave lovely jubbly.

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 23mm MÜHLE (synthetic fibres)
SOAP/CREAM: La Maison du Barbier Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 6/8" Thiers Issard Le Canadien Carbonsong
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: J&E Atkinson's I COLONIALI, Sooting Aftershave Emulsion with Rhubarb
RESULT: Great shave, BBS

SODT_TI_B-3.jpg

Have a nice day,