SOTD Sat 23rd Feb - Fri 1st Mar 2013...

Origin Best Gold Steel in Ebony restored by UKRob
Semogue 830 (nearly)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre 21mm Ebony
Nanny's Gentleman's shaving soap - French Lavender
Witch Hazel

Hmm the knots loose in my Semogue, I hope it isn't gonna…

ah….

…it just did.

Well, thats as good a reason as any for having 'a few' more brushes and the Semogue is currently recuperating on the bathroom windowsill
after being roughed up with a dremel and the two parts reunited with some epoxy resin.

The shave…oh that was lovely :)

20130227.jpg

Wednesday 27th February

Hot Shower and Facial scrub
Vitos Pre/Post Cream
Sanguine Shavette
Muhle Basic1 Black Fibre Brush
Real Shaving Company Cream
Witch Hazel
Somersets ASB
Denim AS
Morgans Classic Cream
Brian's Own Moustache Wax

Slept in today....so just a quick Maintenance shave. 3 Pass DFS+. I am really enjoying the Muhle Synthetics at the moment!

Weber Polished
Astra SP (1)
Semogue SOC boar
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Witch hazel
Proraso blue balm
Floris Special No. 127

The Astra SP is a much better blade than that Trig. Ho hum. Competely smooth after an evening shave. I ought to have shaved tomorrow morning, as it's Parents' Evening tomorrow, but I forgot to shave yesterday and couldn't wait! In fact, it was the treat I was looking forward to to get me through the day! Simple pleasures...

MÜHLE R89 Grande
Polsilver Super Iridium
MÜHLE Silvertip Fibre
Nancy Boy Replenishing SC
Bulldog ASB

Shaved this morning as I was too drunk tired to shave last night. Awful shave. Truly awful, almost made me want to reach for the cartridges again. Fourth shave with the SI, rough and draggy, lots of nicks. Never more than three shaves with them in future. The lower sides of my neck seem to have hairs that lie so flat no amount of shaving can touch them and the rough patch that always seems to be left under my chin remains but I got a nice nick to go with it.

I like the Bulldog ASB though :blush:

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Super Sword Edge (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Boots AS Balm
No EdT again (what's up with that I wonder)

Second time using the old Surrey version and man, it's pretty damn good. Even a little better than the next generation, which is a favorite of mine. The post shave skin care with this stuff is tough to beat.

This frankenrazor has become a habit. Yep, took over the #1 spot from the Executive/Fatboy. The long handle is a pleasure to grip, and the whisker whacking is about perfect.

BBS results,

Martin

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 23 mm MÜHLE Sophist silvertip badger, in olive wood
SOAP/CREAM: Acqua Di Parma Collezione Shaving Cream
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 7 /8" J.A. Henckels Friodur, stainless steel, square point, w/Worked back and White Ebony scales
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: L'occitane Vetyver EDT
RESULT: Awesome shave, BBS

SOTD_Friodur_B_zps5dc7120e.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Thursday

Prep, Hot Shower
Brush, Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger
Soap, Floris JF
Razor, Gillette New with iKon Bulldog
Blade, Lada
A/S, Floris JF
Cologne, Floris JF

A nice pleasant morning shave,and I smell good too ;)

IMG_0522_zps54b280a1.jpg

Prep L'Occitane Verbena Soap
Razor Puma 75 5/8
Strop Kanayama Cordovan #8000
Brush Semogue OC 2012 Boar & Badger Mix
Cella Crema Da Barba
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
Penhaligon's Castile Edt

Jamie

Today's shave was excellent I'm really impressed with the Puma, the shave was inspired by looking at the Surrealist painter Salvidor Dali, and in particular the painting the persistence of memory, most of us will recognise this painting with the melting clocks set in a surreal landscape, now I'm not the biggest fan of Dali's work more of a Picasso fan, but I still enjoy looking at some of his work.

ca083874-1879-4640-adb3-f0e24574621a_zpsef455da0.jpg

Vintage Colgate menthol shaving stick
Edwin Jagger boar
Progress on 2, 1
Laser Ultra
SFH Escape moisturiser

Very good. The Laser felt a little draggy against the grain but it did a good job and didn't leave any soreness or irritation.
The Colgate didn't have any hint of menthol in the skin and it required a bit more product than Tabac but it lathered up nicely and offered a lot of protection.

Back
Top Bottom