SOTD Sat 22nd Sept to Frid 28th Sept 2012 ...

RE: SOTD Sat 22th Sept to Frid 28st Sept 2012 ...

Monday 09-24-12. MUSIC: Duran Duran_LP Greatest

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXHNEQ-tDRs[/video]

Afeitado_2012-09-242_zpsb7799b1a.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Polsilver #5 - Pre JASÖN - Geo F. Trumpers Rose shaving cream - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Institut Karité - ASL Royal Copenhagen.

Gorgeous photos as always Slow but Duran Duran? No! (says the George Formby fan :icon_rolleyes:)

Prep: Old Spice High Endurance face wash
Cream: Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn
Brush: Omega 'syntex' 90065
Razor: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley chrome
Blade: Personna platinum 'red'

Got out the old Omega brush, plain white synthetic bristle. A bit splayed, but retained the lather well. No where near as good as the EJ brush though. I'm using a slight 'scooping' action when shaving, and the shaves are pretty close.

When I said I wasn't going to shave today. What I meant was I was going to do it anyway.

Long hot bath.
T&H Pre-shave oil
T&H Limes cream
NF Tubby 1 brush
Muhle Grande R89
Permasharp super

2 passes... WTG then XTG thought I was doing fantastic. However it seems I had shaved exactly zero of the growth on my neck. Right enough when I went ATG I got it all off with 2 more passes under my neck, and one pass on my face.

It seems that my neck will hold one days growth even XTG, and I need to go at least almost completely against the grain (which is difficult for that area) to get anything under 1 days growth cut.

After the shave I didn't apply alum - I'm seeing how that goes without, there were no bleeding areas once I was done and my face rinsed, there were a couple of bits of blood in the lather I washed off the razor.

Sudocrem to finish. I now look like I'm still lathered up!

Surprisingly after last night's terrible irritation I'm not too bad tonight. Still a bit more sore under the chin than I'd like.. however it seems that I'll be back to normal soon.

Halk said:
When I said I wasn't going to shave today. What I meant was I was going to do it anyway.

Surprisingly after last night's terrible irritation I'm not too bad tonight. Still a bit more sore under the chin than I'd like.. however it seems that I'll be back to normal soon.

Those first two lines made me laugh....thanks. Of course that was what you meant. Now I'm the last person to call you stubborn, so how does 'determined' sound? I could also use 'committed', but certainly not stubborn......

Judges say:

Shaving Crap 1 Halk 1 DRAW

Not really... tonight I didn't use shaving crap :p I suppose I could say that I'm still standing, so perhaps I did win.

Now I'm off to wipe this white muck off my face before I ruin my pillow.

Re: SOTD Sat 22th Sept to Frid 28st Sept 2012 ...

Noxzema Menthol shaving foam
Fatboy (gold plated) on 5,3
Super Adjustable on 3
Gillette Super Blue (second shave)
Cold water

The noxzema is a great performer. Not sure I enjoy covering my hands in foam; may try it on a brush although not sure it'll work well.
Killed the Super Blue. The Fatboy didn't like it but I got much better results in the long handled plastic baseplate SA. Face felt protected and moisturised so didn't bother with any post-shave care except cold water.

Tuesday morning

Pre-shave soap: Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Cream: DR Harris Windsor
Brush: Butterscotch Duke 3
Razors: Dovo 6 / 8 straight "Best Quality" / Slim adjustable
Blade: SuperMax super plat #3

Tuesday

Feather AC SS
Feather Proguard Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap
Proraso A/S

Same kit but not as easy as yesterday, but I always find it easier to remove 2 or 3 days worth of growth than 1 days worth.

I always find it slightly amusing when the shaving demo blokes on Youtube make a big thing about how many days growth they have, like its some extra challenge. I don't get that at all.

Ian

Morning all,

Hot shower prep
Proraso Pre/Post New white
EJDE89 with Astra SP
Supermax Ultra cream
Cold rinse
Barbershop Bay Rum A/S

Nice smooth shave. Quite surprised with the Supermax cream it performed extremely well, not bad for £1.
And the Bay Rum is awesome stuff :icon_surprised:

[align=center]Prep Simple face wash gel
Razor Taylors 3000 Special
Brush Chubby 1 in Super
Cream Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum & Witch Hazel
Clinique Moisturiser
Lalique Encre Noire EDT

Jamie.

Simple perfect two pass shave so smooth, absolutely love the shave this razor gives out.

001_zpsc838e253.jpg
[/align]

Back
Top Bottom