Greetings

Thursday 20th September 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Vie Long 13061M Horse
Soap: GZD Squeezed into a container
Aftershave: King of Shaves Balm

My first shave with my newly acquired Clog Pruf. My first impression is that it is a more gentle shaver than the OCMM it felt much more like the Flying Wing/Bullet Tip but it is a more efficient shaver then that. Although it is much too early to say, this model could end up as my favourite of the three Micromatics. I will need to shave with all three one each day over several days to come to a more balanced decision.

Regards
Dick.

Thursday

Feather AC SS
Feather Proguard Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap
Proraso A/S

A return of the AC SS, courtesy of Tall_Paul and my lightning reactions on the BST forum.

Although it was supplied with some Pro blades and some Kai, I decided to go back to where I left off with the Proguards.

It was like riding a bike. Nice shave and good result.

Ian

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: New Forest Tubby2
SOAP/CREAM: Fitjar Soap Norwegian Fern Shaving Cream
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 6/8" Wacker Jubiläummesser 2010 Mod. 2
Full Hollow Ground, Shoulderless, w/ laser etched spine, (Blond Horn scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Fitjar Folgefonn Mint After Shave Balm
RESULT: Fresh and relaxing BBS shave!

SODT_WACKER_B_zps7374e786.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla

Wilkinson Sword shave stick
Progress on 2, 1.5 with Permasharp stainless
St. James Founders Reserve Mandarin and Patchouli aftershave gel

Nice smooth shave. Got quite close on the neck and didn't see the point pushing it further.

Gillette sensor 3
Edwin Jagger badger brush
Edwin Jagger sandalwood shave creme
Alum block
Nivea sensitive ASB
Selin Limon kolonyasi and witch hazel mix (80% lemon cologne and 20% witch hazel very refreshing indeed)

My best shave for ages :icon_biggrin:

Still my best shave is with the 39c and a merkur blade, yes i said a merkur blade, it just takes too damm long to shave that way, these cartridge razors give brilliant results in no time at all, the 39c takes twice as long and only gives slightly better results hmmmm.

Thursday 09-20-12. MUSIC: Manhattan Transfer_LP The Best Of.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oe8m0mCLi0[/video]

Afeitado_2012-09-20_zps89c3cd27.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran 28X56 - Gillette Rocket 500 HD - Polsilver #1 - Pre JASÖN - Truefitt & Hill Nº10 shaving cream - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Weleda - ASL Weleda.

Thursday 20th September

Hot shower and facial scrub
Vitos Pre/Post shave cream
Kai Captain Excelia (Japanese Style)/ Kai Mild
Semogue TSN 2012LE Brush
Nanny's Coriander and Goat's Milk Soap
Witch Hazel
Unrefined Shea Butter
Krampert's Finest Bay Rum
Murray's Super Light Pomade

A super smooth BBS

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Joseph Rodgers and Sons "The Norfolk Razor" in ivory
Simpsons Tulip T1
Palmolive Classic Shaving Soap
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm

Yeah baby! (Austin Powers stylee)

Gillette Slim Adjustable
Supermax Super Stainless (2)
New Forest 2213
La Toja soap stick
Witch hazel
Proraso blue balm

L'Artisan Parfumeur Cote d'Amour

Mediocre shave. Took a chunk out of my chin bit it didn't bleed much. The Tech should be my 'go to' for no frills, get in and get out shaves. I'm preferring three piece razors to manoeuvring head-heavy silo doors. The blade deserves some of the blame yet me the bulk of it. At least the lather and the frag were pleasant. Particularly enjoy this slightly oddball scent in cold, dry weather.

I enjoyed a bit of a change today - I usually face lather using Proraso soap and know exactly where I am with it, but decided to have a go with some T&H Grafton cream that I have knocking about. I also used my last Rapira blade, rather than the Personnas I've been making use of.

Anyway - it was a very pleasant change. Face lathering with cream is different to soap - I had to sprinkle a bit of extra water on the brush to get the right consistency, but the shave was smooth and close. Looking forwards to tomorrow's!

Proraso pre-shave
T&H Grafton cream / Kent BK2
DE89 / Rapira blade
T&H Grafton balm

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Marshall Fields rebranded Simpsons best
#58/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (black bottle)

BBS results,

Martin

Oh yeah......it was a close shave all right. This razor requires a little different technique than the US made Aristocrats. Little more bite than I'm used to, but not a problem at all. All except for the two spots in my neck where my technique included a moderate dose of hubris.....those took a little while to stop bleeding. They just kinda appeared after my shave, and it reminded me I probably need a styptic pencil in the arsenal. Sheeeesh.

Back
Top Bottom