SOTD Sat 15th Sept to Frid 21st Sept 2012

Gingerpose said:
I'm struggling to get a decent lather from the Cella (only used it twice so far) - any tips? Our local water is very soft.

Start dry and work up a little slower han usual and you can also put a couple drops of luke warm water ontop of thew soap, a minute before lathering up. I've got very soft water too and really liike Cella.

Tuesday:
Gillette Fusion ProGlide razor
Gillette Fusion ProGlide gel

Diptyque Tam Dao EDT

No matter what smellies I'm wearing, whenever anyone at work asks me what it is, I always say 'Hai Karate'. Spins them out a little bit.

Saturday:

EJDE89
Red Personna
Vulfix Bodger
Proraso
Old Spice

Yesterday:

EJDE89
Red Personna
EJ Badger
RSC Cream
Ginseng and Black Pepper Balm
C and S Vetiver Vert

Greetings

Tuesday 18th September 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Junior Fat Handle
Blade GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Omega 10810 Boar
Soap: Füme
Aftershave: Dove Sensitive Balm

A terrible start, it was apparent from the off that my blade had expired but like an idiot I continued for the entire first pass (because I keep my blades in the bedroom not the bathroom) I was forced to renew my blade and start again so had a four pass shave.

This model of Omega boar brush is (IMHO) useless, I think I have said this before but the loft is too short for the width of the knot which makes the brush ramrod stiff, the tips have all split and it is soft but it is too stiff to be usable!

A BBS shave eventually

Regards
Dick

Are You ready? (grand funk railroad)

Ever-Ready!
With:
Pre Proraso white/Valobra soap/ Omega pure bristle/ GEM blade/ AS Pinaud Bay Rum

Attachments

• 180920121707.jpg
    180920121707.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 9
Tuesday 18th September

Hot Shower and Facial Scrub
Dovo 5/8 Special
New Forest 2222 High Mountain badger
Moroccan Palmolive Cream
Tea Tree and Peppermint Facial Toner
Unrefined Shea Butter
Pashana Original Cologne
Dax Super Neat

A truly excellent shave!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Vie-Long
Razor: Garantie best Silversteel
Cream: Cyril R Salter, Sandalwood
AS: Aqua Velva by Williams
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Sweet to use the Salter sandalwood again, great fall cream and this razor's a nice piece of shaving gear :D
0011024x711.jpg

2r5azr6.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + Omega lanolized shaving cream + Kent BK8 Silvertip + Weber Bulldog with Gillette Tech head and Super Flash red #2 + Proraso lotion and balm

First shave with this Kent! A superb brush for using in bowl, and is suitable for facelathering with circular motion as well! It's incredible how fast it builds a creamy lather, a really good buy for sure!

Cheers!

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Filarmonica 14 Especial, just under 7/8"
Brush: Vie-Long Horse 13070
Soap: La Toja stick
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion

When this razor and brush came up together in the rotation I felt I ought to pick out a Spanish soap too, leaving me with a choice of... one. Great soap, great razor, still slightly disappointing brush, but a good shave mongoloids. Or nonetheless. Swype thought I meant the former.

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Kropp 5/8"
New Forest Tubby 1 finest silver tip in Tigris Perla
Proraso White Soap (New Formula)
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm

I'd almost forgotten how much I like Proraso white.

Wilkinson Sword shave stick
Ever Ready 1912 with modern GEM
L'Occitane Verdon moisturising gel sample (from the 'guess my dog's name' competition thread - thanks OldBladeGrinder!)

Like the moisturiser - a grassy and faintly mint smell to my untrained and cold-ridden sinuses. And on the subject, is it me or does the WS stick smell a bit like Old Spice?

Back
Top Bottom