Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
too hot for EdT

BBS results,

Martin

5/8 J.S. Holler
Tabac
homemade brush
Osage Rub

This has always been a nice shaving razor. This mornings shave was no exception, smooth and close. I reworked a 30mm brush this weekend and dropped the loft of the knot. It was well worth it. It's totally different brush in a positive way. A pic of the brush is in the brush forum under "Black Peacock" if your interested. Have a good day.

img upload

Palmolive stick
Vulfix 404 bristle & badger
EJDE89L, Gillette 7 O'C Super Platinum (3)
RSC balm

Merely acceptable, blade was on the way out.

fatip piccolo
supermax super platinum
shavemac #25 silvertip
TOBS mr taylors shave cream
unscripted II after shave balm

very nice shave. received a tube of patrick dempsey unscripted shaving balm (avon) i bought off ebay for 99p and its very nice, smells a bit like truefitt and hills sandalwood balm. i dont know who patrick dempsey is, other than hes an actor, and im not in a hurry to know in case it puts me off this balm :)

Minty & Menthol

Shower with Original Source Black mint (which we're liking)
Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Feather AS-D1
Supermax Platinum (3)
Kent BS10
Proraso Green cream (New formula)
Nivea cooling balm
Witch hazel

Neat, tidy and oh, so comfortable.

16-7-12.jpg

Evening (first) shave with Mikaels lending pool straight,

Facial scrub
Cold rinse
Semogue 1800
T.F.S.Pura Crema da Barba Tabacco
Happy doing one N-S pass with the straight ,more concerned with holding the straight correctly and stretching the skin than achieving a close shave.
Only injury was a very minor nick on the cheek , styptic pencil sorted that , I was happy with what I had achieved on my first try .
Finished off shave with a Feather blade (3) in the Gold short handled Progress .
Warm shower , cold rinse followed by Thayers .

We live for another day ,

Derrick

Ikon S3S Bamboo
Gillette Bleue Extra (4)
Simpsons Eagle 3 3-band
Figaro shave cream
Witch hazel
Institut Karite balm

Really nice shave tonight. The brush and cream really worked well together. I loaded the brush and had enough lather for about 5 passes.

Did the following with the S3S tonight. WTG - used both sides of the razor, XTG - used the OC side, ATG used the solid bar and it worked very nicely.

Good end to a relatively shite Monday.

Merkur 34c
Astra SP (1)
Vie Long 13061
Proaso Green soap
Proraso White balm
Floris No. 89

First outing for the horsehair brush - beautiful. Soft and floppy yet made short work of the Proraso (face lathered). I really like the handle.

I'm bloody loving Proraso at the moment too. Combined with inexpensive brushes, the soaps and balms just feel right.

No pre-shave
Cella
Progress 2, 1.5 with Schick Ultra Platinum (2nd shave)
Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balsalm, Tuxedo scent

Very nice, close shave. With a little redness but not soreness I have bbs under the right jawline/neck. Very very rare.

Tuesday

Trumper Warwick Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
Col. Conk Bay Rum Shaving Soap

Ian

Tuesday:

Back to the Feather after a few days off to let some nicks heal.

Zuri 1950s soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Pro blade (5)
Pinaud Vanilla AS

Best shave yet, nice and smooth in most places. I struggle with the grip when trying to do a S-N XTG pass on my neck, I just can't seem to figure out how to hold the razor. I guess that will just come with practice.

Back
Top Bottom