SOTD Sat 14/07/12 - Fri 20/07/12

Up late, fancied a shave to try out the Floris Elite AS I received in the post yesterday.

Music: Dream Theater. Perhaps not the wisest choice, I shall stick to my Grieg in future. Less hectic.

EJ de89 barley
Astra SP (2)
Kappus shaving cream
New Forest 2207

Two pass plus touchups
Alum block
Floris Elite ASL. Lovely fragrance, fresh, citrus, woody - with witch hazel and glycerine. Very soothing on the skin. Full marks on all fronts really.

Very Happy Face:icon_razz:

Nice shave with a 1967 Gillette, I am glad that something as old as I am works so well!
Personna blade, with Palmolive cream, lathered with a Truefitt and Hill branded Rooney. Finished off with Swiss Pitralon! I never stop loving the scent. It is unique and after the sting soothing!

Prep Botanics Face Scrub
Razor Feather AC - SS In Lime Green
Blade Feather Pro
Brush Simpson Chubby 1 In Super
Soap Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
Scent L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eua De Parfum

Jamie.

What can you say about the Feather, the Terminator of the razor world, wiskers just dont stand a chance.

001-3.jpg

Saturday the 14th!! HAPPY BASTILLE DAY!!! trying to think of something French for today. There's so few French shaving thing that I have. So! Doing things that sound French:
Razor: Gillette Toggle "F 4" f for France?
Razor: Treet
Brush: Whish Badger
Soap: Creame de Rasage Racine de Maca
Alum
AS: Barbasol brisk
Balm: Pre de Provence
As French as its going to get!!![attachment=5147]

[attachment=5148][attachment=5149]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342248295.166733.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342248295.166733.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 40
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342248335.509571.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342248335.509571.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 27
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342248385.039905.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342248385.039905.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 29
Proraso pre/post
Kent BK8
TOBS-Sandlewood
Weber DLC - Astra SP
Profs ASB

Thought I would give the Astra another try, they are smooth, much less irritation this time with them but have changed my angles in a couple of places which I suspect have made a difference to.

BBS results.

Saturday

Proraso Pre Shave
Palmolive Stick
Semogue 830
39c Slant plus Yellows
Liz Earle ASB

Nice smooth two pass shave this morning with no drama.

Have a good weekend.

Greetings

Saturday 14th July 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: PAL SE Adjustable
Blade: Unkown
Brush: Vie Long 13061M Horse
Soap: Derby stick squeezed into a container
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

My fifth day of SE shaving and the last of the four razors on loan to me from Andrew. This is the razor I like the least and it is hard to quantify why, I got a very close shave but three small weepers. I think because the PAL is shaped just like a modern cartridge razor I used too much pressure and moved it about my face in a careless manner.

It is without doubt the easiest of the SE's I have tried, to shave with but the least satisfying I think because is does not have an old world feel about it, silly really as it is an excellent razor.

I do not know what brand the blades are as they are in the 'magazine' which has no markings on it and consequently you do not see the blade until it's removal.

The Derby shave stick is IMHO just the same as the Tweex which is the same as Arko. The Tweex seemed the most pungently scented but in all other respects these three appear to be 'triplets'! All are good, if like me you are happy with the scent.

A huge thank you to Andrew (AJC 354) for the loan of these SE razors, it has been a hugely valuable and enlightening experience.

Regards
Dick.

Aqueous cream
St. James Founder's Reserve cedarwood and clarysage cream
Fatboy on 7, 9, 3 with Personna 74 (2nd shave)
Proraso pre- and post- shave cream as 'post'
St. James Founder's Reserve cedarwood and clarysage aftershave

Second use of this blade, this time in a different razor. It's certainly very sharp. I know how close it could get so I go for bbs and get so close but my skin can't take it. Half my neck can't tolerate a super-close shave but the other half can and it gets it. I end up with irritation trying. Very nice blade and works well in the fatboy

14-7-12

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Gillette Slim '66
Supermax Platinum (2)
Muhle classic Silvertip Fibre 21mm Horn
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad Cream
Nivea replenishing balm
Witch hazel

Good to go

14-7-12.jpg

11bke1t.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + BEA with lanolin + New Forest 2213 + Rotbart 15.5 with Croma #2 + Myrsol Agua Balsámica with Proraso balm

Yeap, this new BEA stick is exactly the same than LEA one, I have confirmed today. And for 1 euro is probably one of the best cheap soaps you can get around, hehe. The only con is that it hasn't any kind of scent (only a bit soapy), but it works very decently.

A smooth shave gentlemen (Rotbart razor is a heavy help, it makes good almost any blade)

Cheers!

Today's shave

dove soap / hot face cloth prep
1962 Gillette slim (set on no3)
Feather blade
Taylor's sandlewood shaving cream
Kent BK2 brush
Cold face cloth/Geo.F.Trumper Skinfood to finish

4 pass shave WTG, ATG..... Result Super Smooth Shave.

I don't have to tell you when you get a shave like this....life's good :icon_cheesygrin:

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Kropp 6/8", black horn scales, restored by UKRob
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3 in Best
Soap: Proraso white
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger

Easy to forget how good this soap is.

Saturday

Trumper Warwick Razor
Gillette "Swede" blade
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
Col. Conk Bay Rum Shaving Soap

A very relaxed shave. 2 passes WTG to just keep things tidy.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom