Today's shave
Dove soap/hot face cloth prep
MerKur vision (The Tiger Tank) set on O
Feather blade
Palmolive Classic
Cold face cloth to finish

Results. BSS WTG, :icon_cheesygrin:

Sunday

Travel gear out today as I'm at the mrs parents.

Razor: OSS
Blade: Lord Super
Brush: Muhle Silvertip synthetic 21mm horn
Soap: La Toja

Nice shave, it's a bit weird being out of your comfort zone of your own bathroom.

This brush is also excellent. A lather machine for sure.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Polo 14
Razor: Edv. Neiström
Super lather: Nannys French Lavender + Muhle unscented cream
AS: Floris, Elite
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Fab shave :D

Great razor and this one's as good as any full hollow C V Heljestrand razor I've ever shaved with :D
0111024x703.jpg

Greetings
Sunday 15th July 2012

Prep: Shower
Razor: 7 o'clock 'New'
Blade: Rapira (Pale blue & pink packet)
Brush: Turkish No. 6 Horse
Soap: Erasmic tallow stick milled into a container.

My first shave with a new and I am very impressed, I bought this razor from AJC347 but this has been my first chance to try it as Andrew loaned me four SE's which I have been trying.

I like the 'new' style head I do not find it particularly aggressive and loaded with a Russian Rapira it gave me a BBS with no tenderness.

It seems the Muhle R41 mentally, if not physically, scarred me, when I hear the word aggressive it makes me think of that razor and nothing else I have tried to date has been anything at all like it; thankfully! I would say though that I have no intention of trying a Cobra!

Regards
Dick.

2wmkmqq.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + Musgo Real shaving cream + Vie&Long 13064 horse hair + UFO U2 Long with Feather Portable head and Filomatic + Herbíssimo balm + Aubrey Organics Northwoods spalsh

Yeap, a good fraganced smooth shave, although this horse hair brush definitely is a bit too floppy for my taste, hehe

Cheers!

After a lie-in to read a couple of chapters of The White Lioness (one of the Wallander novels by Henning Mankell), some cleaning and tidying, a brunch of Seahouses kippers and scrambled egg on toasted sourdough washed down with tea, coffee & OJ -

Hot shower
Palmolive stick
Vulfix 404 bristle & badger
EJDE89L, Gillette 7 O'C Super Platinum
RSC balm

Straightforward shave, 1st class result. Cats to clean-up after now, car to wash, then some paperwork to catch-up on, and a fish curry to cook. Oh the glamour!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
'Webly'/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Czech and Speake #88 SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Penhaligons 'BB' cologne

Last couple shaves have been with this new to me soap. Very nice product performance wise....plenty of slip and just the right amount of cushion. Post shave skin care is very pleasant.

Heh, scentwise, I just do not know. Never sniffed anything quite like it before, and it's taking some getting used to. I'm cautiously optimistic, but we'll see how that ends up.

BBS results,

Martin

Truefitt & Hill Pre Shave Oil
Art Of Shaving Super Badger
Nannys Grapefruit & Lemongrass Soft Soap
Filarmonica 14 Stropped on Roo Hide
Nannys Coconut & Vannila Post Shave Hydration
Nivea Intensive Moisturiser
Czech & Speake Neroli

As smooth as a babies bum!

SUNDAY EVENING

IMAG0121.jpg

Ikon S3S Bamboo
Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Simpsons Eagle 3 3-band
Nannys Down Home Summer
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Took some buffing on the chin, but a BBS was the end result with no nicks!! Hooray!

Green & Blue theme

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Feather Artist Club SS - Pro Blade (9)
New Forest Tubby 1
The Body Shop Maca Root Cream
Nivea replenishing balm
Witch hazel

Few spots tonight - must try harder

15-7-12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom