SOTD Sat. 13th April to Fri. 19th April 2013

SmallBeard said:
daz said:
I just googled faceterbating, I find that a little disturbing. Going for a nice calm shave to settle myself down!

Haha, I'm not sure the urban dictionary definition is the one referred to here, that would be worrying!

Argh! It most certainly is a different meaning Daz! I have never looked at the definition on the Urban dictionary..............

Enjoy your shave Daz, you have PM :icon_razz:

Get another Scottish Perma loaded............

TOBS Jermyn Street sensitive cream
Henk walnut silvertip
Open Comb New
BiC Stainless (thanks Dave.B)
Vitos pre as post

Odd blade. Started off tuggy but bedane more smooth. Has left me a little sore but got me a very good result (90% BBS) . May have applied a tad too much pressure so will try again in the Progress or Fatboy. Will be in the blade review spreadsheet when tried a few more shaves and maybe a second blade.

TUESDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot flannel
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Professional (5)
Brush: Semogue cherry wood boar
Soap: MDC Fougere - bowl lathered
Post shave: Alcolado Glacial and IK balm

I can understand why the MDC gets such glowing reviews now. Is it worth the money? Probably not, but it's still lovely. The Fougere is a wonderful scent and the lather is extremely luxurious.

Very nice shave again tonight. 5 shaves and still going from the Feather blade.

Go_Cobras_Big.jpeg

Hot Towel
Proraso Pre and Post
Muhle R89
Gillette Yellow Sharp 7 o clock
Vitos Green Soap
Sample of Trumpers Skin Food, Coral I think, the pink one

Best shave I've ever heard, no cuts, no weepers, no irritation.

It took a while but I took my time.

Very, very pleased.

Regards to all

Ben

Evening, all.

Tuesday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89 with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (4)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Arko stick
A/S: Aqua Quorum

Only time for a quick one-pass ATG which left me with a DFS so I'm more than satisfied.

Today's shave

1930s Gillette Tech
Feather Blade
Reknoted Kent BK2 Brush
Fitjar (wild man of the woods sent)
Blue Stratos after shave (yes I caved in)

Results BSS WTG

I now smell like a man who has been hunting in the woods,and who has hit the disco dance floor 1976 style :icon_razz:

Manly.....very manly

John said:
Today's shave

1930s Gillette Tech
Feather Blade
Reknoted Kent BK2 Brush

Results BSS WTG

I now smell like a man who has been hunting in the woods,and who has hit the disco dance floor 1976 style :icon_razz:

Manly.....very manly

Ladies, make way for the manly man that is John! My wife loves it and says that the aftershave isn't bad either.....:angel:

Prep: Cold Water Prep
Razor: Joseph Elliot 6/8
Razor: Gillette Slim @ 6 then 3
Blade: NOS Scottish Perma-Sharp
Brush: Chinese 24mm Pure
Soap: Tabac
A/S: Home Made batch
Result: A great shave. Getting more confident with the straight and getting better shaves for it. Still not sold on Tabac though.

Gairdner said:
John said:
Today's shave

1930s Gillette Tech
Feather Blade
Reknoted Kent BK2 Brush

Results BSS WTG

Manly.....very manly

Ladies, make way for the manly man that is John! My wife loves it and says that the aftershave isn't bad either.....:angel:

LOL That blue stratos is good,and it's dirt cheep,Mr Mcclaine has reached god like status in my book,for his blue stratos recommendation, top man:)

Aye, it's good on the skin too - not too harsh, seals well and gives a good glow. The scent is pretty long lived for an AS too. You don't see the Blue Stratos EdT for sale anywhere so I got in touch with Parfums Bleu and you can buy it direct from their distributors for £7.99 plus £3.50 postage no matter how many bottles of that or other PB scents you buy. Strangely, it also stated on the PB website that you can use the EdT as aftershave in the same way as the genuine, less heavily scented AS. The EdT has IIRC twice as much scent ingredient as the AS. If anyone wants the distributors details, just PM me. I'll likely be placing an order soon.

Prep: Proraso White
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: NF Tubby 1
Razor: UFO Red Bronze Goliath XL/Weber DLC

Lovely refreshing shave after a long day painting and a dirty curry. First time I've used my Goliath in a while, due to me painting my hands are suffering so I was struggling to hold this beast.

Lovely BBS irritation free shave.

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Cadman & Sons Bengal, 6/8", restored by UKRob
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in two-band best
Soap: Pre de Provence
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger

Experimented with two passes rather than my usual three, skipping my normal first. Perfectly comfortable, but I'm still trying to convince myself it's as close.

Back
Top Bottom