SOTD Sat. 13th April to Fri. 19th April 2013

First outing with the Fat Boy.
Kept everything 'Norma' so the only change was the razor and blade.
Warm shower with RSC face scrub and glycerine soap.
Home made pre-shave oil
Palmolive stick whipped up with a Vulfix 404
Fat Boy loaded with Gillette super Slim (1)
Cold splash and alum
Dry off then Armarni Aqua di Geo ASB

My plan was to have three passes: 5;3;3
However, by not having my glasses with me in the bathroom, I actually had: 5;7;3 -doh

Result: not quite the shave I was expecting! Setting 3 is very mild and 5 wasn't bad either so tomorrow I'll try 7;5;3 and I'll have my glasses with me!

Thursday

New brush for me courtesy of AudioLab.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Mitchells Wool Fat
Brush: Rooney 1/2 Super
Razor: Gillette New with JEC handle
Blade: Gillette SuperThin
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

Excellent shave, I really like this brush, seems just about perfect to me. I put this on a par with my Simpson Duke 3 Best, they are very similar brushes in all aspects except the Rooney handle has a little more weight which I like.

20130418.jpg

Thursday 18th April

sotd18413.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Simpsons POLO 10 best badger brush
Gillette 1955 Red tip superspeed
Sputnik (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

A lovely shave with the Red tip very comfortable. The Sputnik a good sharp efficient blade. First time shave with the Red tip thanks to Majortom.

Brian

Today's Shave

Gem Micromatic
Gem Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NNS French Lavender

Old Spice Cologne

I thought I Was Well enough to shave with an aggressive razor.....Wrong,Wrong,Wrong...How Wrong? Think Neville Chamberlain, Think cosy chats with Mr A Hittler and.... sod it, here's a link
http://youtu.be/FO725Hbzfls

That' how Wrong I was... 6 weepers :mad::mad::mad:

Lose the beard said:
Thursday

Excellent shave, I really like this brush, seems just about perfect to me. I put this on a par with my Simpson Duke 3 Best, they are very similar brushes in all aspects except the Rooney handle has a little more weight which I like.

Interesting! I'm toying with the idea of purchasing the Rooney 2/1, or perhaps an M&F, as my next brush. Of course, I don't yet own a Simpson (and they seem to be a right-of-passage!) but haven't yet had my interest truly ignited.

Burgundy said:
Lose the beard said:
Thursday

Interesting! I'm toying with the idea of purchasing the Rooney 2/1, or perhaps an M&F, as my next brush. Of course, I don't yet own a Simpson (and they seem to be a right-of-passage!) but haven't yet had my interest truly ignited.

This Rooney only has a 48mm loft, the current ones seem to have a 58mm loft which would be far too much for me, so be careful if you are thinking of getting one.

8660218045_987a29b735_c.jpg

EJ DE89L, Personna 'Lab Blue', Albion with 26mm A Silvertip, Ingrams, Barbershop Bay Rum, Astral, Mr Taylor's Cologne

Lose the beard said:
Burgundy said:
Lose the beard said:
Thursday

This Rooney only has a 48mm loft, the current ones seem to have a 58mm loft which would be far too much for me, so be careful if you are thinking of getting one.
I think they've a 50mm loft - not a 58mm?! Maybe I should get my Google on and check!

My first DE shave in a week and the best shave all week. Not much of a coincidence.

Muhle R41
Personna Lab Blue (3)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Cella, face lathered
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Serge Lutens Daim Blonde

TUESDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot flannel
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Professional (6)
Brush: Semogue cherry wood boar
Soap: MDC Fougere - bowl lathered
Post shave: Alcolado Glacial and Proraso balm

Tonight's lesson. Do not have two beers and then attempt a shave without a styptic pencil handy. Bugger!

Hot Shower & 3P cream
Sir Irisch Moos Shaving Cream
Omega 10005
Merkur 39c
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (2)
Witch Hazel
Clarins Aftershave Energizer
Dirty English ASB

3 Days stubble gone in 3 passes BBS results

Friday:

Vitos Pre-shave
La Toja stick
Semogue SOC Boar
Long Comb New/JEC handle
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Witch Hazel
Proraso AS
Nivea Skin Energy ASB

I hardly ever use pre-shave stuff, however my 3/4 used pot of Vitos was sitting on the shelf looking unloved so I used it this morning. For me I don't think it makes a difference to the shave, but it smells nice so it wasn't a waste.

The shave itself was lovely, nice and comfortable. The JEC handle is quite small, but quite heavy and it suits me and the LC New just right.

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Feather Artist Club SS - Pro Blade
Simpsons Tulip T1
Cella Crema Da Barba
Witch Hazel
Clinique Maximum Hydrator moisturiser.
Surrati Black Aoud

Clean but not as comfortable as it could be today. User error no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom