SOTD Sat 11th of August, to Fri the 17th

An unusual time for a shave for me. I used to enjoy an evening shave when I was living alone and noticed the stubble was a bit heavier earlier than normal. Dodgy will have a field day - NTS having two shaves in a day! But apparently that is one less than normal?!!?

D. R. Harris Arlington cream
PAL Injectomatic Deluxe with original injector blade
Gillette Contour with Boots twin blade cartridge
Proraso pre/post cream as post

Haven't used my PAL in a good while. Found its handle very light and the razor fairly aggressive and never having tried the included blades in its box I thought it'd be a nice change. The PAL blades were as blunt as all the other PALs I've tried so ditched after one pass that achieved very little. The Boots brand Contour-compatible cartridges weren't particularly close either!!! Ah well, still enjoyable.

NotTheStig said:
- NTS having two shaves in a day! But apparently that is one less than normal?!!?

Haven't used my PAL in a good while. Found its handle very light and the razor fairly aggressive and never having tried the included blades in its box I thought it'd be a nice change. The PAL blades were as blunt as all the other PALs I've tried so ditched after one pass that achieved very little. The Boots brand Contour-compatible cartridges weren't particularly close either!!! Ah well, still enjoyable.

Well Carl, who's to say what's 'normal',

You should be pleased to only be shaving twice a day now, instead of the previous three times daily. Yes, that shows you're in control of things now.......

So you had a crap shave with the Pal and a nothing special shave with the Contour. I'm surprised you didn't finish up with an old draggy blade in your Schick adjustable. The Trifunkta of shaving.

Prep#1: Old Spice 'Endurance' tea tree oil based face wash
Prep#2: Edwin Jagger hydrating pre shave lotion
Cream: Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn
Brush: Edwin Jagger synthetic bristle
Razor: Merkur 25c open comb
Blade: Personna 'red'

Finally moving away from the all Edwin Jagger line up I've been using for the past few weeks. The prep is one I haven't seen before - Old Spice, USA manufactured tea tree oil based face wash in a 150ml tube. Pretty good value at 99p.

This morning:

Prep: warm shower, Imperial Leather foamburst
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (2)
Brush: Simpson Major in best
Soap: Tabac stick
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger

Probably won't post the rest of the week's, since all that will change is the number on the blade - holiday kit :). Fabulous shave, all the items rendered moist are now in the hanging wash bag's mesh compartments drying.

Did draw a touch of claret - discovered an insect bite on the neck by removing it. No styptic required, which is just as well as I've forgotten it.

Thursday:

La Toja cream
Omega Silvertip
Gillette LC New/Weber Bulldog
Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge (2)
T&H Trafalgar AS

Everything this morning was really nice, great shave, BBS results.

Greetings

Thursday 16th August 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Astra Stainless (Blue Packet)
Brush: Omega 10810 Boar
Soap: Kent Luxury (MWF)
Aftershave: Adidas Hydrating Balm

My second use of the Blue packet Astra blade, this time in the Fatboy on five, I am now sure, that for me at least, these blades do not perform as well as the more commonly used Green Packet Astra's, they are smooth enough but not as sharp.

The Omega Boar still reuses to 'open up' I am now thinking that perhaps the shortness of the loft with it's fairly wide diameter, makes a knot just too stiff for a boar brush.

The adidas balm is OK, especially for £1.49! All in all a reasonable shave but not perfect.

Regards
Dick.

Proraso Preshave Cream :)
BRUSH: 23mm Shavemac, Finest Badger ("Gut-rasiert" forum / 2011)
SOAP/CREAM: De Vergulde Hand Scheerzeep (Soap)
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 11/16" Wade & Butcher The Clean Shaver
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: De Vergulde Hand After Shave Balsem
RESULT: Great shave, BBS

SODT_WBCLEAN_B.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Thursday

Thiers Issard 11/16 "Le Grelot Form"
EJ Best Badger Brush
Musgo Real Shaving Cream
Old Spice Whitewater A/S

Look at me being a proper man! Straight AND A/S splash! Getting into the straight "groove" again.

Not a bad result.

Ian

THURSDAY MORNING

IMAG0198.jpg

UFO Godzilla handle with Weber ARC head
Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Tigris Perla Superbadger (for sale!)
Palmolive cream
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Few little weepers this morning easily closed with the styptic pencil but a very nice shave overall.

PS - this was an 'end of shave' photo, hence lack of lather!

Today's shave

Dove soap / Hot Face cloth prep
Gillette slim ( set on number 5 )
Feather blade
Valbora almond shaving soap
Kent BK2 brush
Geo.F.Trumper Skinfood to finish

3 pass shave WTG, ATG Result super smooth shave :)

Sorry if I ain't been posting... It's the summer holidays (school) if you have kids then you will know :icon_eek: Plus I have been a lazy bastard :blush:

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage Ever Ready badger (very tiny travel brush)
Schick M type adjustable injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
C&E #88 SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Aramis 'Havana' EdT (old juice)

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom