SOTD Sat 11th of August, to Fri the 17th

Been away for 9 days and have been shaving with

Gillette Tech with 7 o'clock green
Real Shaving Co cream (and one with La Toja)
Alum
Real Shaving Co ASB

Nice and easy whilst on holiday

TOBS Sandalwood cream
Copy of Old Type with Bluebird blade
M and S Woodspice a/s balm

Haven't used this razor for a while and didn't use it much. Tightened up it's got no blade gap at all so I have to leave it a little loose. It doesn't seem to unscrew itself so hopefully no hazard but quite an odd design. Shave was close but quite sore in very small patches; elsewhere fine. Haven't used this blade in a while but remember it was good.
A different experience and a bit more learnt. Overall a nice shave.

Thursday 16-08-12. MUSIC: Devo_LP Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMJiDHwJCxo

Afeitado_2012-08-163.jpg
Afeitado_2012-08-162.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Merkur 37C Slant - Iridium Super #1 - Pre JASÖN - Martin de Candre shaving soap - Alum block - Thayers unscented - ASB JASÖN - ASL Lavanda Ach. Brito.

Thursday 16th August

Hot Shower and Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre/Post Shave cream
Feather Artist Club RG/Super Professional (3)
Semogue TSN 2012 LE Boar/Badger
Ogallala Bay Rum and Lemongrass soap
Witchazel
Rosehip Oil
Krampert's Finest Bay Rum
Morgan's Classic Pomade

This brush just keeps getting better. Excellent Shave with 2 passes and a touchup.

Truefitt and Hill soap
Traditional Shaving Company best badger brush
Merkur 1904
Old Spice original aftershave

Two passes, one WTG and one ATG / XTG.
Lovely, smooth and comfortable.

Used my Merkur 38C which doesn't get much use these days coupled with a Gillette superthin, what a combo! Smooth and carved through 3 days growth with ease. I am going to enjoy shaving with this for a while.

I have been using my New Forest Brush (chunky) exclusively since I bought it a couple of months ago, it is absolutely awesome. TOBS St James Cream.

Norky

Prep L'Occitane Vetyver Soap
Razor Vintage Wade & Butcher
Brush Le Tuft in Buckeyed Burl
GFT Coconut Cream
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau de parfum

Jame.

What a smooth shaver this Wade & Butch is, a two pass shave BBS smooth,. ready for a day out with the Wife in the capitol Cardiff for some retail therapy, and a nice spot of lunch.

001-1.jpg

Proraso pre
NF tubby 1
Proraso white
Dovo 5/8
Weber DLC
Profs ASB mixed with 444

A tale of two shaves, first pass was a little tuggy as I had a couple of days growth the second pass was nice and smooth but tried a new technique and have two stupid looking nicks on my face! Used my Weber to tidy up.

444 withs profs ASB makes a really nice cooling combo.

Friday

Thiers Issard 11/16 "Le Grelot Form"
EJ Best Badger Brush
Proraso Sensitive Pre-Shave
GFT Coconut Shaving Cream
Thayer's Witch Hazel

I'm not sure that the Proraso helps with the shave, but it certaily wakes you up!

Result: Okay, but was a bit pushed for time and the shave quality suffered a bit.

Ian

Greetings

Friday 17th August 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gillettte Fatboy on five
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum Coated
Brush: Vie Long 13061M Horse
Cream: T.O.B.S. Mr. Taylor
Aftershave: Dove Men Care Post Shave Balm- Sensitive

A really great shave this morning. I am thoroughly confused with all the different Supermax blades but these ones are (IMHO) very good indeed, smooth and pretty sharp, easy shaving blades.

First try also for the new Dove balm, very nice, quickly absorbed, no greasiness, very light delicate scent that only lasts a few minutes; better than my usual Nivea? I don't know too early to say.

Regards
Dick.

Unidentified vintage Gillette
Derby (1)
Semogue 1520
Proraso green soap
L'Occitane Eau Captivante

Unidentified as yet, anyway. I think it's a Gillette New but I'm likely to be wrong. It's a 3 piece design, open comb, with a ball end handle. I'll get some pics up at some point. It came with its case in better condition than anticipated for a princely fiver. It's a nimble little thing and shaves just fine - blades permitting. Rather than just keep it for posterity I think I'm going to put it to use. It deserves a keener blade than the Derby, by my reckoning. Problem is that I couldn't bring myself to chuck them nor could I in good faith palm them off to someone else (freebie or otherwise)! It's fine for now. I've a box full of many different blades that I intend to test and review, so it's good to have a control blade before I start. Even if it is somewhat dismal.

Brush was too wet before working away on the soap. I've spent too long working with shave sticks and a badger. I really should give the Semogue a few weeks of constant use to really break it in properly. Still managed three passes of reasonable lather so I oughtn't complain.

Back
Top Bottom