SOTD: Sat 10/11/12 to Fri 16/11/11

Prep - Hot Towel, Palmolive S/S
Razor - Weber ARC
Blade - Astra S/P
Brush - GOSH Heritage
Soap - Vitos Extra Super
Cold Rinse/ Witch Hazel/ Musgo Real

another wonderful BBS shave...;)

On a day of rememberance I bucked the vintage trend and went for modern before polishing my medals (non disgustingly store bought).

Gillette Fusion Proglide Gold edition (1)
Semogue Owners Club Boar
Lucky Tiger Shave Cream
Sudocrem
Nivea Creme

Best shave in ages.

The end of the Great War.

"Armies at Standstill London, Nov. 11, 10:56 a.m.—Marshal Foch, according to a French wireless dispatch received here, has notified the German commander-in-chief that hostilities in the front [will cease] as from November 11 at 6 o'clock a.m., Washington time.
The allied troops will not until further orders go beyond the line reached at that date and hour."
As I usually try to do on this date I had my 11-11-11 shave remembering the end of WW1.
Razor: from the USA, '04 Gillette Army Issue; Brush: Omega from Italy; Blade: RAPIRA from Russia; Preshave: Nivea from Greece; Soap: Pre de Provence from France; Bowl: Surabachi from Japan; Aftershave: Barbershop Bay Rum from the UK.
(Know I missed some. I'll try Next yr.)

Very nice shave. The '04 is still my favorite razor.

Vitos Pre/Post
Origin Best Gold Steel in Ebony restored by UKRob
Morris & Forndran stubby 2XL
L'Occitane Cade shaving soap
Witch hazel

A nice leisurely shave with very acceptable results. I'm enjoying my straights at the moment :)

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Super Sword Edge (NOS)
Muhle Sea Buckthorn SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
CdG 'Sequoia' EdT

Fifth and last time with this blade.......very nice shaves. Second try with the shaving cream and it once again was good.

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday 11th November

Hot Shower and facial Scrub
Proraso Sensitive Pre/Post cream
Gold Dollar #66 6/8 razor
Muhle HJM Black Fibre Brush
Vitos Green Soap
Osage Rub
Organic Shea Butter
Mukhalat Malaki by Swiss Arabian
Morgans Classic Pomade

Off to LLandaff Cathedral in Cardiff for a Remembrance Day Parade so the shave was quicker than I would have liked for a Sunday. The GD delivered a 3 pass BBS. A Good day. I met a Guy I havent seen for 8 years since we were billeted together in Iraq, and several collegues I served with in Afghanistan. Definitely a day of memories

Sunday:

Merkur HD 34c
Crystal Platinum
Custom 2 band
TOBS Jermyn St soap

I've been mostly underwhelmed by the TOBS creams I've tried in the past, but this soap feels like a superior product. Rich, slick lather and a classy, refined scent. Good post shave skincare too.

First class.

Merkur 34c HD
Gillette 365 (2)
Semogue 1520
Proraso white tub
Witch hazel

Dior Homme

Quick, easy shave this evening. I thoroughly degunked, cleaned and polished all six of my 6 DE razors this afternoon (New, Old Type, Slim Adjustable, 2 Techs and the Merkur) and they've all come up nicely. The 34c looks better than it did when new 'out-of-the-box' and my New #77 - which is in the 'worst' condition - could come up nicely with a few more polishes.

Geo F. Trumper's Rose shaving cream
Slim Adjustable on 4, 2 with Gillette Super Thin New Stainless
Edwin Jagger boar
Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balsalm - Tuxedo

Very nice shave. Great razor and blade combo. Still a little soreness from yesterday but less effort. I do like these blades.

Sunday:

Prep: Hot shower, then hot face cloth
Cream: TOOBS sandlewood
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Razor: EJ DE89L
Blade: Astra green (2nd use)

Result: Oh dear, well it's BBS, but my neck is sore as hell, even bit of 'shaving rash' on right side of my neck. Much redness and a couple of bumps. Problem from going XTG, the direction of growth on my neck is all over the place so what might be XTG for one patch could be ATG just below. It is the best result so far in terms of smoothness. Whether it's applying pressure, angle just off or simply going ATG, I think I will stick to WTG for a while on my neck. Though no such problems on my face which is BBS with no irritation.

So the best and worst shave so far (being about 5 DE shaves in).

Might see if I can find some Asprin to apply later.

Nuage Men shaving oil
Palmolive stick + Erasmic cream (new) superlather
Vulfix Bodger
EJDE89L, Isana
Barbershop Bay Rum

Added the last dregs of a tube of cream to a Palmolive stick I use puck style. Created a really silky lather that delivered a great shave. May have to superlather a bit more often.

Remembrance Sunday morning​

I had two days of growth to deal with this morning so decided to get the Muhle R41 out of the drawer. I do like this razor, just not on a daily basis.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Cella
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger
Razor: Muhle R41 2011
Blade: Personna Red
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

Superbly close 3 pass shave.

IMG_0075.jpg

Neo custom 2 band
Provence Sante
Muhle R41 ( old) + super personna (1)
Thayers Superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 3 passes - a nice shave - I do think the proraso pre post ( as a pre) makes a difference to my shave, but I will carry on without it for a while longer.

Back
Top Bottom