SOTD: Sat 10/11/12 to Fri 16/11/11

20kx9c1.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + Klar Kabinett roses soap in IKEA tin + Omega 31052/81052 + Weber ARC with Merkur head and Iridium Super #2 + Pre de Provence splash + Proraso balm

A good shave with the soft roses scent of this soap, very easy to lather when you put in a tin like this instead of its original puck size. It was strange, but this time I decided to use Proraso balm alone (usually I mix it with my favorite splashes) and it stinged a bit...

Cheers!

to day's shave

photobhy.jpg

Thiers issard 6/8 le dandy
Kent BK4 Brush
Vibrola shaving soap, almond

Geo.F Trumper skinfood to finish

A very passable shave, but not the best I've had from this razor, despite it passing the hanging hair test. still that's all part of the fun.

Afternoon, all.

Friday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock blue (7)
Brush: The Soap Shed Super Badger
Shave cream: Erasmic
A/S: Old Spice Whitewater

Friday Morning - Birthday Shave

I fancied a change this morning so I got the slant out of the drawer for todays shave. I have always got on well with the slant and today was no exception, and excellent shave BBS :)

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream : TOBS Eton College
Brush: Neep Aztec
Blade: Red Personna
Razor: Merkur 37c slant
A/S: TOBS Eton College

IMG_0081.jpg

Red Imp, 133
MdC
homemade 30mm silver tip
Krampert's Bay Rum

I'm going to order a Whipped Dog Silver Tip for the handle on the right, 22mm. I really like the 30mm WD knot on the left. It's been great for face lathering, pure luxury.

images

Friday 11-16-12.

Afeitado_2012-11-162-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 2000 - Feather vintage safety razor - Gillette Platinum #2 - Pre JASÖN - Gibbs Nº53 shaving soap - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL English Leather.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest silvertip knot in a vintage barbers handle
Razor: Bengall by T R Cadmann and sons
Soap: Penhaligon English Fern
AS: Mennen S B
Edt: Penhaligon, Castilo
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

Smooth shaver and the best Bengall I've tried/owned, so far and the edt was so nice (no comments from my wife, but she usually doesn't say much about shaving related things :)). :D
0051024x767.jpg

Razor - TI 'Wheatfield'
Strop - 3" Snake, Shell Cordovan & Genuine Linen Hanging Razor Strop
Prep - Hot Towel, Palmolive S/S
Brush - 'The Beast' (Chubby 3 Manchurian)
Soap - MWF
Cold Rinse/ Witch Hazel/ Pacific Shaving ASB

man, 'The Beast' sure loves the Fat.....another great shave.....;)

Nanny's Down Home Summer shaving soap
Edwin Jagger 'tortoiseshell' bristle
Progress on 2, 1.5 Rapira stainless
Malizia Vetiver a/s (courtesy of Dodgy)

Very good.

Pleased to get my Progress back from the Dodgemeister. Like the Vetiver scent of this a/s. It could be stronger but it isn't an EDT and the smell lingers.

Hot shower

TOBS coconut shaving cream
Pure bristle brush (face lathering)
Merkur 34c
Polsilver (2)
alum block
Oldspice AS
Proraso white AS balm

3 passes, 1 WTG+ 2 XTG (2 small knicks between the chin and throat) but the smoothest shave by far since the day I started using a DE razor !

Had 3 days growth and found out that every time I shave after 3 days growth I get a nick or 2 something which never occurs if I shave a 2 days growth...

10zmrrs.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + Cyril R. Salter soap + Omega boar + Gillette Super Adjustable with Gillette Platinum + italian Floid Blue splash with Proraso balm

A good shave but with some nicks, too many passes with this razor...

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom