SOTD Sat 1.12.12 to Fri 7.12.12

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
iKon OSS
Personna Lab Blue
Neep #1214 - Aztec Leopard Skin Jasper
Art of Shaves Sandalwood cream
Witch Hazel

I've wanted to try the iKon OSS for a while so when an opportunity came up on BST to snag one I took it. Unsurprisingly, the weight is much more in the handle of this razor compared to the S3S I'm much more used to and I started out with a Supermax Platinum in it, which quickly got swapped out for a lab blue when Id established how aggressive or not it was going to be. It isn't a million miles awey from the S3S, the biggest difference to me at this early stage is that the difference in the comb/bar sides of the OSS is not as significant as on the S3S.

A very decent shave for a first attempt, for me this razor allows a bigger angle of attack than the Feather AS-D1 as well as less of a learning curve as I'm finding I have to relearn the feather if I don't use it for a while. I need a few more shaves to get to grips with the OSS properly though but should be fun.

barlines said:

Very very nice brush. Tell me something about Mr. Neep badger knots, please.

20121206.jpg

Dr Dulcamara said:
barlines said:

Very very nice brush. Tell me something about Mr. Neep badger knots, please.

Thank you - I can only really tell you the 2 I've got, the one above is a 29mm Extra Silvertip badger with a 49mm loft. Its well stuffed, certainly not floppy but is probably one of my softest brushes on my face due in no small part to the sheer size of that knot. My other Neep, the jubilee came with this one as part of one of Rods great offers and is an excellent scrubby brush, sometimes I want soft and other times I crave scrubby! Rather embarrassingly I can't remember details on the knot in the jubilee - I hang my head in shame :icon_redface:

Yesterday shave:

nz0geq.jpg

Pre-shave unscented oil AoS + De Vergulde Hand shaving cream + Omega 31052/81052 + Schick Krona with Schick shave + Aqua Velva classic splash with Proraso balm

Today I couldn't shave me, so I post yesterday one.

It was one of the best shaves I got with this Schick razor, I seriously think that is one of the best mild razors around, much better IMHO than Gillette Techs or Superspeeds.

Cheers!

3p Pre Shave
Musgo Real Shave Cream
Omega Ovangkol Boar
Super Speed 1958
Super Iridium
Witch Hazel Gel

Very smooth today all worked very well together and what a blade the Iridium
is.I can see why a lot of you guys like them so much.

Today's shave

Merkur VISION (The king Tiger Tank)
Kent BK2 Brush
Nanny's Silly Soap Arabian Nights
feather blade

figured I'd have a modern shave for a change.
people say that the GEM is an aggressive razor.. well you want to try one of these out for size.

results...BSS WTG

Prep: Nivea Sensitive Face Wash, Hot towel, White Proraso Pre/Post
Soap: Proraso White
Brush: Men-U Boar
Razor: EJ DE89L
Blade: Personna Med Prep

Result: Close comfortable shave

NotTheStig said:
You're the first person I've seen use one! So how do you rate it? I don't think I'd like it (heavy and aggressive and don't want to strip or down to clean it)

Well at 4oz it's big,heavy,and like a club in all honesty,but its quick to use and will mow down a beard with out mercy, and you can adjust it on the fly.But the cost of the razor and striping it down every time you shave with it ( other wise it rots like a pig ) is a draw back. As for cleaning you need a ultrasonic cleaner because a tooth brush don't reach some places.

It's a modern razor with an old school blade if that makes sence.
I will say it does shave close, very close, if you would like to give it a go...pm your addy.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: SOC two band
Razor: Edv. Neiström
Cream: C F Lime
AS: Ogallala Limes and Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Nice little 3/4ish hollow Swede, two days stubble was gone in no time (yesterday we had a snow blizzard and I had to shovel snow like mad just to get the car to our house and then I had to shovel even more to able to park the car - 1 foot of snow in 12 hours :mad:
0081024x719.jpg

Back
Top Bottom