Greetings

Saturday 1st December 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet Autostrop Canadian
Blade GEM Stainless Coated (modified)
Brush: Omega 39 Boar
Cream: T.O.B.S. Mr. Taylor's
Aftershave: Floid Balm

My third quality shave with this quirky old razor.

Regards
Dick.

DSC03672.JPG

Haryali HL70
Speick shaving cream
Edwin Jagger boar
Personna non grata blade
Scent from Heaven Aramis style moisturising balm

Med Prep works nicely in this razor. Better than DFS.

warm water prep
arko shave stick
Isana boar brush
EJ 89
gillette thai super thin (1)
witch hazel
Quorum Edt

nice 2 pass shave - i don't overdo it anymore. DFS is good enough for me. Lovely blade, nice and smooth. no irritation and feeling good. :)

woke up thinking i'd have a nice relazed DE shave with lucky tiger, the wife ruined it by throwing up next to, morning sickness, selfish sod.

Any way quick change.

Bodyshop tea tree cleaner
Gillette Proglide (6)
Proraso Red canned foam
sudocrem
body shop kistna edt

this proraso had a very strong sandlewood scent and both tins i've tried out perform noxzema hands down.

Saturday:

Nanny's French Lavender hard soap
Semogue OC Boar
Feather Artist Club SS
Pro Guard blade
Witch Hazel
Barbershop Bay Rum

Very nice. A couple of passes and nice and smooth.

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Joseph Rodgers and Sons "The Norfolk Razor" in ivory
Neep Jubilee
L'Occitane Cade shaving soap
Witch Hazel
Penhaligons Endymion Cologne

Two morning shaves in a row. Sorry, two GLORIOUS morning shaves in a row! My evening shaves are under threat.

Saturday

Muhle R41 Razor
Gillette Platinum Swede Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Palmolive Shave Stick
Clinique Post Shave Soother

As a reaction to yesterday's mega mild iKon shave, I decided to break out the R41. Talk about chalk and cheese!!

Ian

Hot shower
Proraso pre-shave menthol
TOBS Sandalwood cream
EJ BB medium brush
Weber Shiny (at last); Astra SP (1)
Cold splash & alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

Finally got to try out the Weber shiny. Are Webers as good as everyone says? Well... made sure I paid attention to careful prep and technique, but I can say it was the easiest, cleanest, most irritation-free shave I have ever had to date. YMMV

Marvellous

Today's shave

shavegem.jpg

GEM micromattic
Taylors sandalwood shaving cream
Kent Bk4 brush
Geo.F.Trumper Sandalwood SkinFood

Results BSS WTG.

I wanted to shave last night but my mum/dad came round...they gave me a dinner set....and my dad left my house with the boots styptic pencil, and The NOS black handled super speed:icon_evil: but will he use them?

See I did say I'll give them away!

2s16o07.jpg

Pre Geo F. Trumper Skinfood Sandalwood + Crabtree&Evelynn Sienna shaving cream + Omega 81052/31052 + UFO U2 Long with Weber ARC and Astra blue + Provence Santé splash

I hadn't used this shaving cream for a looong time and I don't undertand why... it's simply terrific, I got a superb shave with it. And this splash is very good, specially when you want to rest from alcoholic ones!

Cheers!

WiffWaff said:
Finally got to try out the Weber shiny. Are Webers as good as everyone says? Well... made sure I paid attention to careful prep and technique, but I can say it was the easiest, cleanest, most irritation-free shave I have ever had to date. YMMV

Marvellous

Pretty darn good recommendation. Congrats on the new addition to your shaving arsenal.

Martin

I purposely chose not to shave this morning so as to give my Weber Polished a run-out this evening. I'll use the Astra SP that came with it - rather than go for a fifth shave with a Polsilver that's still going strong - but I'm dithering over the brush and soap. Very unlike me. I'm currently thinking La Toja stick and one of the silvertips... Looking forward to it either way and I'll also feed back some initial thoughts.

I finally opened my bottle of Diptyque Philosykos (eau de parfum) this morning, and I'm loving it. Much better longevity than the edt.

Saturday 1st December

Facial Scrub
Proraso Pre/Post Cream
Moershfelder 9/16 Razor
Frank Shaving 24 x 50 Silvertip
Erasmic Cream
Lilac Vegetal
Organic Shea Butter

The first time I have used this vintage razor. If anyone can shed any light on its origins....it would be much appreciated . The engraving says Moershfelder Buffalo. I have been unable to find anything online. The razor was supplied 'shave ready'.....and though I had a good shave.....I think it needs just a little more work. This may be the first non GD razor I take to the stone!

A good 3 pass shave

Attachments

• $T2eC16Z,!)EE9s2uiP,4BQLR8!4H8g~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16Z,!)EE9s2uiP,4BQLR8!4H8g~~60_12.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom