SOTD Sat 1.12.12 to Fri 7.12.12

Thursday 12-06-12. MUSIC: Johnny Cash_A Concert Behind Prison Walls

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfKdwvuR50Y[/video]

Afeitado_2012-12-06-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Feather all stainless - Israeli Personna #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Nancy Boy Blossomwood - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill Classic - ASL Aubrey Organics Northwood.

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: SOC two band
Razor: Edv. Neiström
Cream: C F Lime
AS: Ogallala Limes and Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Nice little 3/4ish hollow Swede, two days stubble was gone in no time (yesterday we had a snow blizzard and I had to shovel snow like mad just to get the car to our house and then I had to shovel even more to able to park the car :mad:
0081024x719.jpg

We had snow yesterday,but it melted away by 12.00pm, at least you had a nice shave to compensate you for the snow work out. Ps nice razor.

Cheers John! It was bad though, 4 people died and my car got stuck on it's belly 4 times (the wheels couldn't push it forward anymore and I had to dig out the snow from below/under the car). I really don't like the winter!

Mikael said:
Cheers John, will do (they're saying a new blizzard's on it's way, but we're "only" expecting 200 mm on Saturday)!

"Only 200 mm if we that England would grind to a halt, looks like we got the tail end of that last batch.

Prep: Hot Towel
Face Wash: Nivea Deep Cleaning
Razor: Aristocrat No.16
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow
Brush: Simpson Emperor 1 Super
Soap: Proraso Extra Sensitive
Aftershave: Superdrug Forest Fresh

Gillette Yellows are getting a bit 'meh!' for me now. I much prefer the blacks.

Gillette adjustable
Gillette yellow
RSC cream
forest fresh A/S

Set the razor to #4 and did my usual WTG/ATG/XTG, possibly the worst shave since my return to DE shaving. No irritation or bumps just left feeling very rough, I'll crank it up to #5 tomorrow and see how that goes.

Which adjustable???

Gem Micromatic
Gem SE blade
TOBS coconut cream
M and S Woodspice balm

Bad shave. Very very sore and a good few weepers. Had to finish with a cartridge razor. I always find these blades cause a bit of soreness unless I have a few days' stubble but this first go with the Micromatic has been very disappointing. I'm sure it's 90% my technique so I'll have to try again when feeling brave

Thursday:

Gillette Sensor 3 disposable
TOBS travel brush
DR Harris Windsor cream (tube)
DR Harris Pink aftershave

Airside airport business meant no bare blades, so I bought a pack of these at ASDA as a standby for my cabinet. Not bad at all to be honest.

Wednesday (Late Post)
Normal pre soak with hot flannel
Poraso pre shave
Gillette OC (No idea of the year, was my Grandfathers, probably 1950's)
Personna from Asda
Trumpers
Three pass WTG, XTG & ATG
Absolutely terrible shave, ragged & sore as buggery!
Very strange as I used the same setup on Tuesday and was a DFS
Will change the blade tomorrow and try again.

NotTheStig said:
Which adjustable???

Gem Micromatic
Gem SE blade
TOBS coconut cream
M and S Woodspice balm

Bad shave. Very very sore and a good few weepers. Had to finish with a cartridge razor. I always find these blades cause a bit of soreness unless I have a few days' stubble but this first go with the Micromatic has been very disappointing. I'm sure it's 90% my technique so I'll have to try again when feeling brave

This one:-/, http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-16517.html

Thursday 6th December

Hot shower and facial scrub
Proraso Pre/Post cream
Feather Artist Club RG/Super Professional
Semogue SOC Boar
Tabac Stick
Home Prepared toner (based on cider vinegar)
Organic Shea Butter
Tabac Cologne
Morgans Classic Pomade

In a rush this morning....so out came the Feather. Incredibly sharp blades! Two Pass excellent shave

THURSDAY EVENING

Gillette Aristo Jr 48
Bolzano (2)
Semogue 1305
Valobra stick (face lathered)
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

I had once of my worst shaves since starting this malarkey on Monday. Think I must have had a reaction to something in the soap I was using, and coupled with quite bad cuts meant I had really bad irritation.

My skin hasn't really recovered through the week and though I've got a close shave tonight, I have about three nicks in my moustache area.

No shave now until Saturday morning so hopefully my skin will have recovered by then.

Back
Top Bottom