SOTD Sat 1.12.12 to Fri 7.12.12

Proraso pre/post white
Blightys Hyperion soap
Tubby 2
Mergress short handled
7 o'clock green (1)
Alum
Blightys Punchinello

Great results. Not used the Mergress in a while and not sure why now. It's magnificent.

Friday:

Tabac soap
Semogie OC Boar
Artist Club SS
Pro Guard blade
Witch Hazel
Pinaud Vanilla AS
DR Harris Arlington EdC

Another great shave from the Feather, top lather from the Tabac. BBS results.

Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood soap
Razor Japanese Fon Golden Star 13/16
Strop Kanayama Cordovan # 8000
Brush Simpsons M7 LE Finest Silvertip
Shaving Cream GFT Coconut Oil
Alum & Witch Hazel
Neroli Moisturiser
Penhaligon's Castile Edt

A lovely BBS two pass shave.

fotoflexer_photo-9.jpg

Friday

Merkur 37C Slant
Gillette Platinum Swede Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Vitos Super Coconut Soap
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Good to see a post from Konstantinos.

Ian

Greetings

Friday 7th December 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready Featherweight
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Body Shop Synthetic
Soap: Derby Stick grated into a container

I think this is the first time I have used this body shop brush and I won't be using it again, in a word, crap! This is the only synthetic brush I have tried, I would like to try one of the new generation synthetics which have received some really good reviews.

A super shave in spite of the lacklustre performance of the brush; it did after all apply the lather so it must get one point out of ten.

Regards
Dick.

Cold shower
Proraso pre/post
Vitos Coconut SS
Semogue SOC (boar)
Merkur 37c w/ Astra
Blue Stratos AS
Institut Karite ASB

BBS - Vitos is a top notch performer as usual, 37 is a beast of a razor, but I was very, very pleasantly surprised by Semogue. It produced a 1st class lather being used for the third time (two test drives earlier). Now, if it gets any better I will be using it exclusively with soaps.
P.S. Stratos is a rubbish aftershave.

2hx0fac.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + Mike's EL AC shaving soap + Vulfix 2234 Best + Weber Bulldog with Gillette New and Feather #1 + Thayers Medicated Superhazel + La Chinata balm

Gillette New head works really well with two days beard like this time. Unfortunately Feather blade still makes me some nicks&blood when I use it, but fortunately is something easily fixable with these balms and some alum.

Cheers!

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
iKon OSS
Personna Lab Blue
Morris & Forndran stubby 2XL
Proraso Red Sandalwood cream (New Formula)
Witch Hazel

A more fluid shave with the ikon today although I made a mess of the middle of the base of my throat (the difference between close and 'too close') but that may be due in part to the Proraso Red I was using as well as I don't think I made a very good job of the lather. Ah well, there is always tomorrow.

Friday 07-12-12. MUSIC: David Bowie_LP The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPLt_m5o-0[/video]

Afeitado_2012-12-07-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Feather all stainless - Israeli Personna #5 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Weleda - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Weleda - ASL Weleda.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Le Tuft w 22 mm Simpson super knot
Razor: C V Heljestrand M K 31
Soap: MdC
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Edt: BVL Notte
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

I've fixed a couple of razors lately and two stuck out, this and another M K 31, both has little wear, lovely and whole ivory scales and both took a mean edge. What a super deluxe shave!! Now I'm off for a Christmas dinner with work :D :D
0161024x703.jpg

Today's shave

shaveoftheday7.jpg

GEM Micromatic
Thiers Issard brush
Nanny's Arabian Nights shaving soap
Using a stiffer brush increased the lather with this soap.
With this brush I play a game....How many bits of badger fall out today..... Todays count 2. None of the Kent Brushes do this.

Result BSS WTG:D

Back
Top Bottom