SOTD July 7, 2012 through July 13, 2012

Wednesday:
Merkur Futur
Personna, Red pack
EJ Best Badger Brush
D R Harris Marlborough cream
Shulton Old Spice aftershave

4 month old handlebar moustache gone in 5 seconds flat with the Futur set on 3.5 - wife isn't very happy about that.

Cold shower
Proraso pre-post
Tabac
M&F blonde badger
Wade & Butcher 5/8 hollow ground / GEM bullet tip (to finish)
Speick AS
Speick ASB

A bit rougher than usual (that straight does need some proper stropping, if not honing), but GEM finished the job perfectly.

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Gillette Aristocrat Jr
Nacet Platinum (3) - then Gillette Bleue Extra
Vie Long horsehair brush
Volbra almond soap (scuttle lathered)
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Hmm, bit of a surprise tonight. Think I got a duff blade. I was blaming the razor at first so tried another one tonight and the shave was the same (i.e., crap!)

Rough and draggy. Had to bin the blade and get another one for the ATG pass but because the blade was useless the first two passes didn't get that much off and although I got close with the final pass I have a bit of burn and a few nicks.

Annoying. I'm sure I've used Nacets in the past and they've been OK. Let's just hope it's a one off.

Thursday:
Edwin Jagger DE86
Personna, Red Pack
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
D R Harris Lavender Cream
Geo F Trumper EDT

Aqueous cream
Geo F. Trumper Coconut Oil shaving cream
Progress on 2, 1 with Super Thin stainless - black flash
M and S Autograph balm

Another blade I haven't tried for ages. Great balance between smoothness and sharpness. Very close, no irritation whatsoever despite my best efforts!

Thursday

Liz Earle Cleanse&Polish Hot Cloth
EJ89 Plus Astra Blade
EJ Best Brush
Liz Earle Shave cream
Liz Earle ASB
Very nice morning here on the I O W and a great shave to go with it.
Off to sell Xmas cards and decs to my customers HO HO HO! ! ! !

Chris

Thursday:

Rooney style 3 best
L'Occitane Cade soap
Edwin Jagger DE87
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
DR Harris Pink aftershave

3 passes, extremely clean, and skin feels in really good nick this morning.

Thursday, 12.vii.2012

Predopo Vitos
Semogle LE2011 Bristle2
Dovo Menta
Merkur 43c
Croma Diamant
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lavender
Mennen Green Tonic

P1060517.jpg

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: SIMPSON PL 10 Best Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Castle Forbes Shaving Cream Levender Essential Oil
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 13/16" Geo. Wostenholm & Son Pipe razor
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Castle Forbes After shave Balm
COLOGNE: Eau de Cologne LAVANDA Ach. Brito
RESULT: Very smooth shave

SODT_PIPAS_B.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Thursday

Trumper Warwick Razor (I've found out what it's called after all this time!)
Gillette Platinum "Swede" Blade
Simpson Best Badger Special Brush
Col. Conk Bay Rum Shaving Soap

I'm definitely getting the hang of lathering with this soap. As it's a glycerin soap and it's "summer", I don't appear to need any aftershave product.

Ian

Thursday:

TOBS Sandalwood soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Pro (4)
Professsor Blighty's Green Ginger AS

Best shave yet with the Feather. Still managed to nick my cheek though. For some reason I keep nicking myself on my dominant side. My left side is nick free. Not sure why that is? Perhaps I concentrate more when using my non-dominant side?

Greetings

Thursday 12th. July 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 U.S.A. Model
Blade: Modern GEM
Brush: Omega 39
Soap: Füme
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

My third shave with a SE Razor, another one lent to me by Andrew and another BBS.

A hugely different feel to this shave, the Ever Ready 1912 is the 'loudest' razor I have shaved with by a mile, I could hear every whisker being cut. It seemed to be just a tad more aggressive than the GEM Micromatic OC and definitely more so than the GEM push button, but again no tenderness or scraping. This is the closest shave I have had after the initial first pass stage.

There is certainly something about these SE razors that seem to make them very efficient shavers I suspect the rigidity of the blade.

The Füme shave soap is interesting, a pleasant very mild lavender scent, hardly detectable and a very slick slippery lather I had to use a lot of it. It is quite soft for a soap. I see it contains Sodium Propyl Paraben. Is this what we are being advised to avoid?

Regards
Dick

Attachments

• DSC03404.JPG
    DSC03404.JPG
    404.1 KB · Views: 15
MachM said:
Best shave yet with the Feather. Still managed to nick my cheek though. For some reason I keep nicking myself on my dominant side. My left side is nick free. Not sure why that is? Perhaps I concentrate more when using my non-dominant side?

I also shave better with my left hand when using straights. Probably because you can translate the motion without it going through motorical filters (habits).

Shower + Original Source Black Pepper and Chilli Gel - Zing!
Somerset's Sensitive Shave Oil - Zang!
Palmolive Stick
Omega 49
'64 Slim on 3 (5 under my chin)
Shark SS (2)
Nivea Q10 Balm
Old Spice AS

The Chilli burn from the Shower Gel followed by the Menthol chill from the Somerset's is a nice wake up call!
Not convinced by the Shark's, though I'm going through a technique leap (no idea what has suddenly come right!) at the moment so it might all change.

Back
Top Bottom