Prep L'Occitane Vetyver Soap
Razor Vintage Japanese Fon Golden Star
Brush Simpson M7 LE
Cream Simpson
Alum & Witch Hazel
Neil's Yard Rose Moisturiser
Penhaligon's Castile EDT.

Jamie.

I'm going to rename the Fon Golden Star, and call her the faultless Fon, what a great shaver this razor is, she delivered a beautiful shave.

003-2.jpg

7-7-12

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Joseph Rodgers and Sons "The Norfolk Razor"
Proraso white (New Formula)
Simpson Tulip T1
Nivea replenishing balm
Witch hazel

My first traditional straight razor shave. This razor (courtesy of TSRs Swedish division-Thanks Mikael) despite being very vintage is an ergonomic delight to hold and use, I have small hands (no clever comments please) and this thing, despite the fact the blade is half as long again as the feather SS, is so much easier for me to work with. I love the swayed back which keeps the point a little way from the the stickling out bits on my face which I'm quite attached to.

I'd already come to the conclusion from other posts that the shave was going to be tuggy compared to the feather. What did surprise me was that some of it was and some of it wasn't depending on the amount of growth.

Now begins the learning of a new skill - stropping.

A very satisfying first outing with this razor - this one is for high days and holidays (and probably most Saturdays too).

7-7-12.jpg

Morning All

Pre Shave Proraso
Razor 39c Slant
Blade Gillette Yellow
Cream Michael Klim
Brush Duke 1 Best Badger
Post Shave Liz Earle After Shave Balm

Very nice three pass shave, Very smooth:icon_razz:

aot5yb.jpg

Pre Prep + St James of London Cedarwood&Clarysage shaving cream + Simpson Duke3 Best + UFO U2 Long with Feather Portable head and Polsilver Super #2 + Herbíssimo balm + Pitralon after shave

A good & smooth three passes shave, gentlemen!

Cheers!

Todays Shave

20120707329.jpg

Dove Soap/Hot Face cloth prep
Staniforth 5/8
Fitjar Shaving cream
Kent BK2 Brush
Cold face cloth/Geo.F.Trumper Sandlewood SkinFood to finish

result BSS

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simson, Polo 8
Razor: Max Sprecher, extreme french point
Super lather: Dr Hariis Almond + Proraso
AS: La Toja M
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

0061024x624.jpg

Second attempt with the enchanted slant today...

Hot towels
Proraso preshave
T&H Grafton cream / Neep Cocobolo Silvertip
Merkur slant / Crystal Super platinum blade (2nd use)
Alum
Speick aftershave
Boots no.7 balm

Talk about a tale of two shaves... Today's was perfectly good WTG but then it started to go downhill. Very rough shave and also I noticed lots of odd lumps and bumps from yesterday's shave, so I think I may have overdone it then.

Should learn to stick with 2 passes when trying new razors / blades!

Aqueous cream
Kent (Mitchell's Wool Fat) shaving soap
Gillette Aristocrat 16 with Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (3rd use)
Body Shop Arber aftershave balm

Draggy, quite a few nicks round the mouth. Bit sore.

Saturday

Razor: Weber
Blade: Lord super
Brush: T3 Manchurian
Cream: Simpsons

Few more shaves needed to see if this cream is the very best.

The T3 is finally breaking in (not boar break in, but the knot is relaxing) turning out to be a super brush.

Saturday
Merkur Futur
Feather Blade
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Shaving Cream/Soap
Chanel Cuir De Russie

Now I'm off to town to Smalley's, my gentleman's outfitters as I'm low on Pantherella Sea Island socks and Sunspel Egyptian cotton pants. Might have a look for a nice Tweed jacket. Might even go bespoke.

Then it's off to see Glynn, my 'go to' guy at Gauntleys to pick up the latest Peterson's holiday pipe tobacco, a tin or two of Dunhill Royal Yacht and a couple of tins of Friebourg snuff ... probably Patchouli.

Next I'll be popping round the corner to the newly opened branch of The Whiskey Shop for a nice bottle of Ardbeg Alligator or Corryvreckan.

Nuage shaving oil
Erasmic cream (new)
EJ pure badger
EJDE89L, Wilkinson Sword
RSC balm

BBS. I tend to use my left hand for ATG on the left side of my face. I find it works better than reaching across with my right hand. Have got pretty good at it, but a little carelessness this morning resulted in a couple of small nicks.

barlines said:
John said:
Todays Shave

20120707329.jpg

Staniforth 5/8

Dear Father Xmas, this year I would like....

:icon_lol: she is a nice razor ,just imagine a razor that's so smooth and sharp,that she shaves sooooo smoothly that your beard only starts growing 11 hours after you shave...

And in the morning your beard has only grown half the amount it would have with a DE ...... but I won't torment you :icon_twisted:

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Kropp 6/8", ivorine scales, restored by Jamie
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Soap: Vitos Supercrema
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger

Got back from the post office, opened the package, sent Jamie a PM, and put it straight to use. Smooth, comfortable, friendly, beautiful to look at and touch, and an impeccably clean shave. Got the lather wrong (choose the soap as I know Jamie is a fan, but underloaded), but this razor is good enough to cope!

It seems I really, really like Kropps - the two I have are wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom