SOTD July 7, 2012 through July 13, 2012

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Kropp 6/8", ivorine scales, restored by Jamie
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone chubby 26mm super silvertip
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger

It simply doesn't get better than this. A pure delight.

Today's shave

Dove soap/Hot face cloth prep
Gillette Super Speed
Wilkinson sword blade
Taylor's sandlewood shaving cream
TI brush
E-oil
Cold Water/face cloth to finish

Result smooth shave

Not satisfied with that shave... I think I'll dip my face in a aquarium full of pariana fish later.... At least the shave will be more comfy :icon_eek:

Today, a lavander shave!

t9gyls.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + Jabonman Lavanda + Vie&Long 13064 horse hair + Merkur 37c Slant with Filomatic + Ach Brito Lavanda cologne wiht LEA balm

First time I use these Jabonman soap and horse hair brush! The Jabonman soap has a wonderfull lavender scent, similar to Welleda & Art of Shaving shaving creams, and makes foam easily. It has less essential oils than others but for sensitive skins are a better solution.

About the brush, it has surprised me! I had a brown natural horse hair brush and this one with a "bleached" and badger-like coloured horse hair is by far more floppy and soft. It is still less dense than a badger brush but is very pleasant to use, with only a bit of scrubbiness ideal to massager your beard.

The result: a smoooth shave gentlemen!

Cheers!

Shower / Ej Pre Shaving Cream / Merkur 12C / Astra SP / VDH Boar Brush / SWK XL Scuttle / VDH Soap / Boots witch hazel / Old Spice Lotion Spray / Nivea Balm Cool / Old Spice Deodorant Spray

p1000108s.jpg

Aqueous cream
Progress on 2, 1.5, 1 with Personna '74 blade
Cella (mmm... lovely lathering, sweet almond... definitely in my top 5)
Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balsalm - Tuxedo scent

First try of these legendary blades. Dodgy kindly sent me a couple plus the injector version which I will try soon. It is a very sharp blade, it's smooth, it doesn't tug and I got a very close shave. Not the closest ever but well above average, and it's only my first rty with this blade. I overdid it a bit under the right jawline as I noticed that on the opposite side I managed BBS and ATG without any issues. Not so here. Sore and quite a lot of very small weepers. Totally my fault though - live and learn. Looking forward to using this blade again - hopefully for a full week or more if what they say applies to me.

Tuxedo scent is nice. Not really like Paco Rabane Millionaire in shaving balsalm form (some on here said the EDT/cologne smelt like it) but the balsalm ingredients probably affect the smell somewhat. Still a nice one though.

Nuage shaving oil
Erasmic cream (new)
EJ pure badger
L1 Schick Injector, NOS Schick Platinum blade
RSC balm

Bit rough, as though something was wrong with the blade edge. Resulted in a couple of nicks and weepers. Seemed fine on its 1st use, so somewhat strange.

Friday Early AM

Gillette A3 1955 Superspeed
Wilkinson Sword SS (3)
Connaught 404 Bodger
Erasmic Cream

Nivea ASB
Old Spice Original (USA) AS

Three pass, face lather.

A tube of of the new Erasmic started this week; glorious stuff but it seems to have lost its traditional smell. Sad.

Terrific team effort. Apart from the AS this will probably be the team for the next three weeks.

:icon_razz:

Greetings after a long sabbatical.

Parker 91R
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum Blue [2]
Chinese Badger
Boots Shaving Soap
Alum
Gillette Cool Wave AS

Really nice close shave as the 91R made short work of 2 days growth.

ttfn

Tony

13-7-12

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Joseph Rodgers and Sons "The Norfolk Razor"
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream
Simpsons 'Rover' Manchurian Badger
Nivea replenishing balm
Witch hazel

Better than sex i.e. a bit rough, missed bits but finished with a big smile on my face!

13-07-12.jpg

Friday:
EJ DE87
Personna, Red
EJ Best
D R Harris Arlington Cream
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Back
Top Bottom