SOTD July 7, 2012 through July 13, 2012

monday

white proraso pre post
neo custom 2 band
nannys yushu soap
Merkur Hd + super personna (3)
thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

resulut: 2passes + touch ups. Pretty good.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

Marshall Fields rebranded Simpsons best
1958 Executive/Personna 74 (NOS)
Klar Kabinett SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Floris 'Santal' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

20av5sm.jpg

Pre Jabonman Romero + "old" Omega lanolin shaving cream + Omega 10098 + UFO U2 Long with Feather Portable head and Polsilver Super #3 + Razorock Wax Eucaliptus with "old" Williams Sport splash

A smooth shave, although mixing this Razorock Wax with splashes is not a good idea... too dense!

Cheers!

Monday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Col. Conk Bay Rum Shaving Soap

I was away last week, staying on a rather damp Llyn Peninsula.

I took the Col. Conk soap as a back-up plan, but used it most of the time. I've not really been able to make glycerin soaps work for me in the past, but it did last week. I thought that it may be something to do with the water, so tried again when I got home; same result.

The shaves are comfortable and close, my skin looks and feels very healthy and I have no need for any aftershave product, a cold rinse does enough.

Ian

My first shave with an old injector. Not sure what type other than a Schick! Used a Schick Krona blade from a 30 year old stash! My dad was prone to buying razors well this is one of them. I used GFT cream, a Kent brush (also dads), and was surprised! 2 passes! Also much easier to get at those nooks and cranies! I will probably get some newer blades and test those out. Keep it as part of regiment! I see why some have 2 razors in their daily shave.

Monday:

Day off work today and since I'd just picked it up from the post office I decided the time was right to have a shave with my new Feather Artist Club SS, my first shave with any kind of straight. I loaded up with a Feather Professional blade and set about my work.

Soap: Professor Blighty's Harlequin soap
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS
Blade: Feather Professional (1)
AS: TOBS Mr Taylor's AS

I went very, very carefully and started with a WTG pass. It was weird using my left hand for the left side of my face, but all went well. I carried on with a pass ATG.

I finished the shave with a Muhle R89 and an Astra SP as I couldn't get my chin at all. Overall I was happy with my first effort, I only got a few weepers and a small nick on my chin which was nothing that an alum block couldn't sort.

Onwards and upwards, looking forward to tomorrow's shave.

Attachments

• IMG_1548.jpg
    IMG_1548.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 21
MONDAY EVENING

Gillette Aristocrat 1934
Nacet (1)
Vie Long 12705
Arko stick - face lathered
Witch hazel
Bulldog balm

Things I've learnt tonight. This brush is not suited to face lathering! What makes it so great for creams makes it crap on the face, ie not much backbone.

Still got a DFS bordering on BBS though, but it's not good approaching an ATG pass with a thin film of lather.

I like this razor a lot. Possibly one of the best American shavers I've got, and it looks so dang purdy too (many thanks to Dodgy for enabling me with this beauty).

Cold shower
Proraso pre/post
T&H #10 shave gel
Trac II/Wilkie Hydro 3
La Toja AS
La Toja ASB

Was testing some gear for a 'weekend trip' kind of kit. Damn cartridges, nevermore.. Will have to smuggle some DEs, I guess :/

Tall_Paul said:
MONDAY EVENING

Gillette Aristocrat 1934

I like this razor a lot. Possibly one of the best American shavers I've got, and it looks so dang purdy too

What's doin Paul,

Yeah, I figured you'd probably like the way that one shaves. One of the few OC types in my rotation,

It's pretty unusual to find that model with the head plating intact. The handles are mostly fine with the 4-5 I've seen, but the doors can get to look faded. When it comes to looks, one of those in nice shape would rival many UK made Aristos.

I'll include a few pics of one I picked up not too long ago in the wild. Surprisingly clean and shiny.

Martin

Oh, it was my pleasure introducing you to that cheeky monkey.

Attachments

• 1934 type latest one 001 (Small).jpg
    1934 type latest one 001 (Small).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 1934 type latest one 002 (Small).jpg
    1934 type latest one 002 (Small).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 1934 type latest one 003 (Small).jpg
    1934 type latest one 003 (Small).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 4
Two evening shaves in succession for me (following advice on the cartridge thread.) Also a return to basics and my reliable shave ingredients:

Hot towels (hot enough to make my face pink)
Proraso preshave
Proraso soap / Kent bk2 brush
EJ DE89 / Red Personna blade (1st and 2nd usage)
DR Harris Marlborough Aftershave
Boots no.7 balm

I'm not a complete fan of evening shaves - my skin never takes too kindly too it - but overall a marked improvement over morning rush jobs. Having time is a luxury that makes all the difference. I've also been very pleased to see that I do look presentable the next day, as long as I've taken the time to get a really close shave (which I have!)

Cheers
Stu

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (16)
Brush: Neep #947 yew ball and bobbin silvertip
Cream: Taylor's Lemon and Lime
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: D R Harris Arlington

Excellent.

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: 26mm Thäter LE (SRP 2011), 2-band, Silvertip Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Georgetown Pottery Scuttle
RAZOR: 8/8" BUDDEL Custom (w/ Desert ironwood scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Geo. F. Trumper West Indian Extract of Limes Skin Food
RESULT: Comfortable, BBS shave

SODT_BUDDEL_B-5.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Morning all

Proraso pre shave
Cella
EJ 89 plus Astra Blade
EJ best badger