SOTD 6th-12th Oct

No shave yesterday and after the usual hot shower with MWF bar soap:

EJ DE87, single shim, Timor blade
EJ Super Badger medium
MWF SS
Barbershop bay rum after cold water rinse
Astral cream
DR Harris Arlington Col.

No like Timor blade. After the first pass (WTG) it soon began to feel draggy and anything but smooth. I know my technique is hugely improved from when I started as I've felt the results. I felt calm, relaxed and ready to go at the start of my shave but by the end of pass three (ATG), I had decided on no touch ups despite there being the usual awkward stubble culprits. Neck was sore and irritated even after multiple applications of the wondrous Bay Rum and when I cleaned the razor and looked at the blade, there was a patch of rust at the front jst before the edge and the markings had gotten really faint. I was shocked and surprised at this and although it could be that it was just a dud, I won't be taking the chance again. However a big thanks go to Halk for the blade as without it I might have taken the chance on a quantity of some as it was one I was really keen to try. Personna Red tomorrow or possibly Saturday if my neck isn't so good. MWF lather was rich, copious and wonderful as usual. Arlington and the rum don't go and Mrs Gairdner simply said the Arlington was, "Alright". Todays summary: poo.

:icon_sad:

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Origin Best Gold Steel in Ebony restored by UKRob
Simpsons 'Rover' Manchurian Butterscotch
Nanny's Gentleman's shaving soap - French Lavender
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm

Very enjoyable shave only spoilt by the fact that I want to go to bed now :p

Gairdner said:
No shave yesterday and after the usual hot shower with MWF bar soap:

EJ DE87, single shim, Timor blade
EJ Super Badger medium
MWF SS
Barbershop bay rum after cold water rinse
Astral cream
DR Harris Arlington Col.

No like Timor blade. After the first pass (WTG) it soon began to feel draggy and anything but smooth. I know my technique is hugely improved from when I started as I've felt the results. I felt calm, relaxed and ready to go at the start of my shave but by the end of pass three (ATG), I had decided on no touch ups despite there being the usual awkward stubble culprits. Neck was sore and irritated even after multiple applications of the wondrous Bay Rum and when I cleaned the razor and looked at the blade, there was a patch of rust at the front jst before the edge and the markings had gotten really faint. I was shocked and surprised at this and although it could be that it was just a dud, I won't be taking the chance again. However a big thanks go to Halk for the blade as without it I might have taken the chance on a quantity of some as it was one I was really keen to try. Personna Red tomorrow or possibly Saturday if my neck isn't so good. MWF lather was rich, copious and wonderful as usual. Arlington and the rum don't go and Mrs Gairdner simply said the Arlington was, "Alright". Todays summary: poo.

:icon_sad:

Hmm. I've just gone and checked the pack of them. It seems fine... no dampness or evidence of being wet. I did get a good shave from the Timor, however it was a fresh blade and it followed a really good prep... for the price they shouldn't have duds. There's tons of blades out there so I don't think I'll come back to Timor.

Thursday:

Palmolive/Erasmic soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Long Comb New/Weber Bulldog
Gillette 7 o'clocke Yellow (1)
DR Harris Windsor AS
DR Harris Windsor EdT

Great shave, BBS results.

Liz Earle Clense.
Tcheon Fung Sing (TFS) Freschezza Polare Shave Soap.
Merkur33c
Astra sp
EJ Best
Witch Hazel Gel

Nice smooth one today. TFS soap is very very nice a little goes a long way.
same sort of consistency as Vitos.

Prep - Shower and Nivea Deep Cleansing face wash
Razor - British Gillette Aristocrat No.21
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - EJ Super Badger
Soap – TOBS Sandalwood Soap
Cold Rinse and Alum, followed by Superdrug Forest Fresh A/S

An absolute BBS with my old faithful soap and blades. Only one tiny nick just below my top lip, probably due to my lack of concentration.

Thursday

Another go with

Gillette Slim ('65) with 7 o'clock yellow
EJ pure badger
RSC 'double' cream

Really nice close shave with 2 passes. Finished off with C&E Sienna balm and T&H Trafalgar cologne

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: J. A. Henckels 72 1/2, 6/8"
Brush: Neep #1033 soapstone ball and bobbin 24mm high mountain badger
Cream: Truefitt and Hill #10
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger
Scent: Floris JF

Lovely.

Thursday:

Merkur 37C Slant bar
Gillette 7 o'clock green super stainless
T+H Grafton cream
Rooney brush
T+H 1805 cologne

3 days growth swished away quick style for a quick visit to my new workplace... boss was sporting 3 days stubble. Remember thinking how scruffy he looked.

Thursday

white proraso pre post
Semogue LE 09 Boar
Provence Sante
Ej BUll mastiff + shark SS (3)
thayers superhazel
proraaso ASB

result: 2passes +_ touch ups.

A really nice shave, kept having to reload the brush mind, but overall, very pleased.

Friday
Merkur Futur
Personna, Red
Edwin Jagger BBB
Knize Ten Soap

Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Penhaligons "Sartorial" Moustache Wax

Morning!

One pass down and one pass up produced a lovely finish with my #16, 2213, NOS Gillette Super Nacet and QED Rose Glycerine soap which produced a really glossy lather.
Moisture after with some double base. This cream is a gift from my parents and is a clinical prep for dry skin.
Very very good non smelling non greasy cream.

Yrs
Slime

Oh these two passes did away with 3 days growth lickety spit.

Greetings

Friday 12th October 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Pushbutton
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Lijun Boar
Soap: Tweex Pressed into a container
Aftershave: Wilkinson Sword Sensitive Balm

A poor shave! It became apparent early on that the blade was finished but I stupidly carried on to the bitter end with it rather than walk back to my bedroom to get another.

The price for idleness, a crap shave!

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom