SOTD 27th October - 2nd November

208ip8y.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + old NOS La Toja stick + Semogue 1335 + UFO U2 Long with Merkur head and Schick blade + La Toja "Manantiales" splash and balm

Some time ago I got this old La Toja stick, with a very different formulation compared with the current one. It has a very good reputation so this week I'll compare both to get some conclusions.

Cheers!

joe mcclaine said:
IanM said:
Set the Progress to 4 and did one pass. Good enough.

4?!

You da man!

Gillette Fusion ProGlide
MWF
EJ BBB

Geo. F Trumpers Spanish Leather EDT

Not all Progresseseseess are created equal in the adjustment deptartment, and it was just 1 WTG pass.

Ian

Moving day. Four day beard irritating me, so out with the Artist Club and the Noxzema. One pass, three minutes, acceptably close, and bye bye itchy beard.

Tuesday Morning​

Last shave with the pass around Muhle R41. My new one has arrived now :)

This was another excellent shave, I only did a 2 pass shave as this seems to be enough with this razor to give a perfectly acceptable shave for a work day. Especially when I am 'working' from home.

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: TOBS Eton College
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
A/S: TOBS Eton College

IMG_0044.jpg

Dr Rick said:
Moving day. Four day beard irritating me, so out with the Artist Club and the Noxzema. One pass, three minutes, acceptably close, and bye bye itchy beard.

I thought that you may have saved the beard for a special house-warming shave.

Ian

Hot shower
NF Tubby 1
Proraso White
Weber DLC/UFO U2 - Polisilver stainless
Frozen flannel
Profs ASB - 444

Frisking love this handle, this was pure impulse as Rafael isn't making anymore and had to have one. Great balance. One small patch of irritation scraped my skin at the complete wrong angle. BBS results.

TUESDAY EVENING

Hoffritz Travel razor
Gillette 'Indian Black'
Culmak Junior
Sir Irsch Moos shave stick
Witch hazel
Institut Karite balm

The water of Dublin might be good for making Guinness but it's crap for shaving with. Really hard.

Which means it's a bugger to get a decent lather (you're very spoilt when you come from a soft water region).

Only managed to get a decent shave thanks to the excellence of the products in my travel kit.

Tuesday 10-30-12. MUSIC: Stan Getz & Charlie Byrd_LP Jazz Samba.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2fV1YmlLdM[/video]

Afeitado_2012-10-30-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Chubby 2 best badger - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Iridium Super #3 - Pre JASÖN - Proraso Sandalwood shaving cream - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Sul Filo del Rasoio - ASL Musgo Real.

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Kropp 6/8"
New Forest Tubby 1 finest silver tip in Tigris Perla
Vitos Extra Super Shaving Soap - Coconut
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm

Satisfying!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac, 30 mm two band D01
Razor: TI
Soap: Provence Santè
AS: Lavanda
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
If you ever gonna face lather with soap, this is THE brush for it, man, it's such a nice brush to crush against your chin! :D :D
0051024x642.jpg

Re: RE: SOTD 27th October - 2nd November

IanM said:
I thought that you may have saved the beard for a special house-warming shave.

I find more than a day or two's growth doesn't suit my trad straights as well, they tend to tug a little - and my bathroom is not at its best just now...

Nomad shaving cream
Stahly head on 7 o'clock handle
Henk silvertip walnut brush
Rhino blade
Boots Freshwood a/s lotion

The performance of the last Rhino blade was in the back of my mind this time - that was an unpleasant. This time it was superb.

Tuesday 30th October

Hot shower and Facial scrub
Proraso Sensitive Pre/Post Cream
Sanguine shavette
Muhle HJM Black Fibre Synthetic
Nannys Nutmeg and Spice (Love it!)
Home Prepared Toner (based on cider vinegar)
Organic Shea Butter
Pashana Bay Rum
Dax Short and Neat

Excellent 3 pass shave.....and I absolutely loved the soap.

Back
Top Bottom