SOTD 27th October - 2nd November

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Joseph Rodgers and Sons "The Norfolk Razor" in ivory
The Body Shop Synthetic
L'Occitane Cade shaving soap
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm
Black Aoud - Montale, Paris (sample courtesy of Factormax)

For no particular reason I wanted to give my body shop brush an outing. Took a bit of work but we got a monster lather out of the Cade eventually and my Saturday shave was on.

The Aoud also begged for a turn today, one squirt as directed, Its a heady scent of roses at this point but its only just gone on. I could learn to like it - its very different to anything else I have.

Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood soap
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8
Brush Simpson M7 LE Finest Silvertip
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
Clarins Moisturiser
Penhaligon's Castile Edt

Jamie

This was the very first shave with this razor since I restored and honed the razor, she arrived from the USA last week looking a little sorry for herself, well what would you expect from a 150 year old razor amazing to think she was probably used during the American civil war, well all I can say was the shave was absolutely superb as good as it gets two pass shave overjoyed with the razor.

001-1-1.jpg

pugh-the-special-one said:
Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood soap
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8
Brush Simpson M7 LE Finest Silvertip
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
Clarins Moisturiser
Penhaligon's Castile Edt

Jamie

This was the very first shave with this razor since I restored and honed the razor, she arrived from the USA last week looking a little sorry for herself, well what would you expect from a 150 year old razor amazing to think she was probably used during the American civil war, well all I can say was the shave was absolutely superb as good as it gets two pass shave overjoyed with the razor.

001-1-1.jpg

It doesn't take a bad photo either!

Greetings

Saturday 27th October 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet Autostrop Brit. Model
Blade: Feather SE
Brush: Vulfix 406 Boar
Soap: Erasmic Supreme Stick
Aftershave: Dove Sensitive Balm

My very first shave with a Valet Razor I am not sure what model it is but it cost half a crown when it was new! It is the type with a side opening hinged, blade loading 'gate' that will only accept the feather SE blades and not standard SE blades with the top corners snipped off.

It gave me a really good shave but it is IMHO very critical about angle (even more so than Micromatics) I found it vital to keep the razor head almost flat against my face or it would not cut.

A nice shave from a razor that is a bit 'quirky' even by SE standards!

Regards
Dick

Saturday:
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Noxzema Foam, Metholated
(I need some more Alcolado Glacial)

Chanel Antaeus EDT

ERN 5/8" in ebony
Gillette New #77/88
Gillette Super Silver
New Forest 2213
Proraso green soap
Proraso white balm

I decided to shaved my cheeks and upper lip with a straight - one of UKRob's - even though I'm still waiting on a strop. Fairly straightforward, although the jawline and below will present more difficulties. That was the best part of the shave, actually. Finished off with a Gillette New and it was horrendously draggy. I tested the lather between my fingers and it was slick and cushiony enough. I blame either the blade, despite the fact it was fresh, or the sample of EJ pre-shave lotion I'd smothered on. Either way. I ended up with a pretty decent shave but binned both blade and pre-shave out of frustration!

Bulldog for men facewash.
Merkur 1904 razor with Personna red #1.
New Forest Tubby 1 super badger brush.
C & E Nomad shaving soap.
Professor Blighty's Rosewood ASL.
Azzaro Acteur EDT.

Nice shave today, have not used the Merkur 1904 for ages, it was the first DE I ever bought, it gave a lovely shave, easily up to my normal Muhle R89, but more likely down to improved technique over the years !

Cowshed Bullocks Smooth Shaving Cream
L1 Injector, Schick Platinum (NOS)
Barbershop Bay Rum
RSC Balm

Rather overdid it this morning. Wanted to finish this cream off, there was more than I needed for 1 shave, not enough for another. Somewhat recklessly ended up doing around 6 passes. Seem to have got away with it with just a couple of weepers and a little minor irritation. BBS except for a thumb nail sized rougher patch on my neck I inexplicably seem to have missed.

Went for a change today

Gillette 58 ally
Gillette silver blue (2)
Semogue OC Boar
Cella
Sudocreme
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic

Nice little shaver this aluminium 58 not sure if it will out stay the Muhle R89.

Saturday:

Afternoon, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto lime oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)
Brush: Omega 48 Boar
Shave soap: Bath House Spanish Fig and Nutmeg
A/S: Homemade splash made from Sensational Indulgences Sandalwood Cologne
Cologne: Sensational Indulgences Sandalwood Cologne

A quality, close shave and, though I say so myself, I smell good.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, extra stuffed 28 mm silvertip in Kenya soap stone handle
Razor: J. Nowill and sons + GEM Junior (for head)
Soap: Nannys French Lavender + some Arko cream
AS: TOBS, Victorian Lime + Tiger AS/lotion
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

I needed a shave like this, I've had a bad back for some time now and hadn't shaved in several days. I feel kind of better in my back, but fantastic about the shave :D :D
0021024x717.jpg

Saturday:

La Toja cream
Semogue SOC Boar
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge (2)
Barbershop Bay Rum
LEA Balm
L'Occitane Baux EdT

Very nice, this razor really is excellent!

Attachments

• sotd.jpg
    sotd.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 16
muhle r41
treet durasharp
shavemac #25 silvertip
truefitt and hill trafalgar cream
l'occitane verdon AS
woods of windsor edt

a close shave as ever with the r41. got a few weepers and a bit of irritation, i think its back to the derby blades for this razor.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
Progress/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Malizia vetyver AS
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT (gone in an hour, but I love wearing this stuff)

So this Progress NTS loaned me has gotta be the long handle version. Damn thing's long as my Webly with the long Weber handle. No way this could be the regular version. Pretty much fills up my hand.

Last couple days have been using the Schick blades, a favorite of mine. Very nice, and I bumped up the setting a full number. No problem, but not something I'd try again. I'll try it again tomorrow at a setting in the middle.

BBS results,

Martin

I haven't tried my Schick Plus Platinums in this razor; will give that a go when I get it back.
Don't honestly know how long the short and long handle Progresses are; anyone any idea?

Back
Top Bottom