something for the collectors

Minipeace said:
While not a Darwin this little razor just went for over £900

Gillette 66

I see the two bidders played a dangerous game here and again the chap who won the other Darwins bided but lost out.

What's so special about this one? Is it the year and packaging?

i think i know who won that but you know the pisser about that razor was about 2 weeks ago i spotted it listed in an auction with an estimate of 40-60 quid with some other bits and bobs was gonna stick a bid on it but had to sort some stuff out so i forgot all about it...

Don't see any problem with it, automated or not highest at the end wins. Next week or month or even tomorrow it may go for more or less, eBay is a strange place.

I have an even more pristine sets than that with original tags and yes I use them all from time to time.

Each to their own.

Audiolab said:
Don't see any problem with it, automated or not highest at the end wins. Next week or month or even tomorrow it may go for more or less, eBay is a strange place.

I have an even more pristine sets than that with original tags and yes I use them all from time to time.

Each to their own.

Wish there was a thanks/like button.

I bet n***e was shocked by not winning it though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-GOLD-GILLETTE-SAFTEY-RAZOR-IN-BOX-barber-shaving-shaver-/181110617255?pt=UK_Collectables_Barber_Shop_Collectables_LE&hash=item2a2b08b4a7

With the way prices are going a lot of de shavers especially newer (and I include myself there) will never get to own the razors they want

Al H said:
With the way prices are going a lot of de shavers especially newer (and I include myself there) will never get to own the razors they want

There are still lots out there.
That razor looked very clean which maybe why it went for so much but to be honest there are lots of lovely new razors for a fraction of the price which are just as nice.

Al H said:

Hi there

With the weather getting nicer you are soon gonna see Steve posting lots of nice shaving crap found at boot sales and the like. Heh, you know it's all been bought right. That guy is a kick.

Martin

The wife is a distributor for a little known utilities company and has started doing events at boot sales and the like, after having moans of "another f***ing razor" when the postman comes, after showing her some eBay listings she's promised to keep her eyes open at the car boots

I still believe that one of these days I'll open up an eBay package thinking its one of my 9$ Gillette '04's and I'll find a Mint Gillette Double Ring instead!!
(And I'll shave with it and be turned into a Frog!)

Decent fatboy unboxed over £70 with postage, it's all crazy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321096234037&autorefresh=true

Not to mention this one as well Al

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gillete-Fatboy-Razor-/221205543848?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Ist2o3lAkdCdozTIz%252B34VhwwvU8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Al H said:
It's beginning to the the piss

kinda is a pith take but if you factor in what it might cost to buy one from the states then custom charges and waiting time you can see why the ones up for sale in the uk go for that price...

I was bidding on 3 just before christmas and won them all for all around 50. Resold the two spare for somthing similar

Back
Top Bottom