something for the collectors

Brianpilman said:
Rasierhobel said:
Brianpilman said:
That's a lot better price than the other Darwin on eBay that was listed today over 800 quid

the 800 is not the same one. it is a darwin adjustable 2 piece razor the rarest of the darwin family. the standard darwin (=fatboy) comparing the two piece adjustable darwin (=bottom dial)

link for the adjustable darwin
How does it adjust?

you have to twist the handle and by loosing it you can adjust the pressure of the blade. the arrow and the "adjustment-lines" will show you the angle of the blade

I LOVE the look of these razors, but they are so far beyond my means that I can only dream........ Unless I find one "in the wild". But my haul so far has been one plastic handled tech. Not promising.

I just went a little earlier. Still waiting for its arrival. (Earlier and a lot Less)
[attachment=6826]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363501011.087684.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363501011.087684.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 101
These things had my RAD itching like crazy a few days ago but thhe prices put me off a little. That said, my all stainless collection is definitely bereft of a Darwin, albeit of cobalt steel. But - a big but - do they shave well? Has anyone of us actually used one?

mulligano said:
I LOVE the look of these razors, but they are so far beyond my means that I can only dream........ Unless I find one "in the wild". But my haul so far has been one plastic handled tech. Not promising.

More than I've ever found out and about... Swansea is a desolate wasteland when it comes to wet shaving finds.

There is another one on ebay that was quite well hidden. Somebody informed the seller that he had in Darwin his sale and it is worth so much.Though, how the informer knew its true worth I don't know because you can't see its true condition. ( I know, someone on here will tell me it was them who told the seller) :)
I don't want to post the link in case anybody has their eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom