something for the collectors

Dobbo25 said:
There is another one on ebay that was quite well hidden. Somebody informed the seller that he had in Darwin his sale and it is worth so much.Though how the informer knew its true worth I don't know because you can't see its true condition. ( I know, someone on here will tell me it was them who told the seller) :)
I don't want to post the link in case anybody has their eye on it.

:icon_rolleyes:

I did have my eye on that one.

Mind you I suspect plenty of other people will to be fair.

Bechet45 said:
These things had my RAD itching like crazy a few days ago but thhe prices put me off a little. That said, my all stainless collection is definitely bereft of a Darwin, albeit of cobalt steel. But - a big but - do they shave well? Has anyone of us actually used one?

I have, Carl. They do shave very nicely but I suspect the only reason prices have gone so high (along with other razors like Streamlines) is down in large part to our friends on the other forum constantly bigging them up.

Tall_Paul said:
Bechet45 said:
But - a big but - do they shave well? Has anyone of us actually used one?

I have, Carl. They do shave very nicely but I suspect the only reason prices have gone so high (along with other razors like Streamlines) is down in large part to our friends on the other forum constantly bigging them up.

Well Paul, I have the solution for making that large simian happy. Yes, we can work this out so that you get a good deal on your soon to be Darwin. Oh, you do need to keep an open mind.

So those Yankee forum bastards are responsible for the high prices eh? Well then, join the party! Yep, unload some of your pieces over there for crazy money to fund your Darwin. Anything Gillette razor made in the UK will get huge money from those goofy guys, especially those clunky old Aristos you're so fond of. Getting the drift now?

I would have to think that maybe selling 3-4 of those would give you enough profit to end up making the Darwin surprisingly easy to afford. Yeah, it's simple math!!! Can't beat em join em kinda thing. Those foreigners love anything English.

Heh, how well do you rationalize? This would be a good test of that feature.

Congrats in advance regarding your new purchase.

Martin

Tall_Paul said:
Dobbo25 said:
There is another one on ebay that was quite well hidden. Somebody informed the seller that he had in Darwin his sale and it is worth so much.Though how the informer knew its true worth I don't know because you can't see its true condition. ( I know, someone on here will tell me it was them who told the seller) :)
I don't want to post the link in case anybody has their eye on it.

:icon_rolleyes:

I did have my eye on that one.

Mind you I suspect plenty of other people will to be fair.

TBH TP, I noticed it when first listed and confirmed it with another TSR member just to make sure, as it wasn't listed as a Darwin and we weren't going to be bidding against each other.
When it went from a couple of £s up to 50 odd with 12 bidders that's when I lost interest. That's when you know there's going to be a bidding war.

I for one wouldn't post a link to something like that as I know people on here would be watching it as well, so I apologise TP if you think I gave the game away.

With14 bidders and god knows how many watchers and snipers it will get interesting though. :)

Dobbo25 said:
I for one wouldn't post a link to something like that as I know people on here would be watching it as well, so I apologise TP if you think I gave the game away.

With14 bidders and god knows how many watchers and snipers it will get interesting though. :)

I know, don't worry. It's obvious it's been seen by loads. I expect it'll finish in the several-hundreds and be heading across the Atlantic with the others.

dodgy said:
Well Paul, I have the solution for making that large simian happy. Yes, we can work this out so that you get a good deal on your soon to be Darwin. Oh, you do need to keep an open mind.

So those Yankee forum bastards are responsible for the high prices eh? Well then, join the party! Yep, unload some of your pieces over there for crazy money to fund your Darwin. Anything Gillette razor made in the UK will get huge money from those goofy guys, especially those clunky old Aristos you're so fond of. Getting the drift now?

I would have to think that maybe selling 3-4 of those would give you enough profit to end up making the Darwin surprisingly easy to afford. Yeah, it's simple math!!! Can't beat em join em kinda thing. Those foreigners love anything English.

Martin

That's a good idea Mart.

A slight fly in the ointment is the bit about selling my Aristos. It's set my eye twitching like Dreyfus out of the Pink Panther.

A better idea would be for you to go incognito onto the other forum and big up fat and thin handle Techs and News to get their prices going through the roof.

Come on, be a pal.

Wasn't me! I never, ever shaved!
[attachment=6830]

Can't understand why they ever name it after Me?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363536757.961045.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363536757.961045.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 35
Dobbo25 said:

link

is it this? quite good hidden.

Rasierhobel said:
Dobbo25 said:

link

is it this? quite good hidden.

No it's another one. The one you are looking at is the main one most people know about.

Dobbo, why don't you just post the link to it?

I'm not sarcastic or funny about it, but if I were that desperate for a Darwin I'd either PM you or scour EBay to find it.

As you've already mentioned it twice you may as well post the link.

Tall_Paul said:
Dobbo, why don't you just post the link to it?

I'm not sarcastic or funny about it, but if I were that desperate for a Darwin I'd either PM you or scour EBay to find it.

As you've already mentioned it twice you may as well post the link.

I only mentioned it once TP, Raiserhobel asked me if it was the one he posted the link too, I said "no it's another one". So all I was doing was answering a query from another TSR member.

I thought it might sound like I was having a go. I honestly wasn't, it's been discussed at length before and there is nothing wrong with live EBay auctions being listed.

I just thought it might be worth posting a link to the auction that's all, in case anyone here has missed it.

Tall_Paul said:
I thought it might sound like I was having a go. I honestly wasn't, it's been discussed at length before and there is nothing wrong with live EBay auctions being listed.

I just thought it might be worth posting a link to the auction that's all, in case anyone here has missed it.

No problem TP, no offence taken, I didn't think you were having a go. I know it has been discussed before, I think about a Red Tip last time :)
I have had a pm about it so I think it best to keep it out of the open forum for now but if anyone is seriously looking I'm sure they'll find it.

Bechet45 said:
I see my RAD can itch all it likes - I ain't never gonna own one of those things, not at that sort of price!!! £675?????? Sheesh!

Exactly, Carl. Unless I get a Deluxe on Fleabay that no-one spots or I come across one in an antique shop or boot sale I will never be owning one at that price.

Perished said:
mulligano said:
I LOVE the look of these razors, but they are so far beyond my means that I can only dream........ Unless I find one "in the wild". But my haul so far has been one plastic handled tech. Not promising.

More than I've ever found out and about... Swansea is a desolate wasteland when it comes to wet shaving finds.

Probably could have just ended it at wasteland..... :p

Only playing couldn't resist (coming from a Brummie living in Cardiff)

Tall_Paul said:

Martin

That's a good idea Mart.

A slight fly in the ointment is the bit about selling my Aristos. It's set my eye twitching like Dreyfus out of the Pink Panther.

A better idea would be for you to go incognito onto the other forum and big up fat and thin handle Techs and News to get their prices going through the roof.

Come on, be a pal.
[/quote]

Hah, that Inspector D. reference was a good one. Kind of an obvious tell that he was a tad disturbed over something.

You know, I was half serious about you dumping some of those clunky old razors of yours that you bought right. Sounds plausible till the actual selling part kicks in. Speaking of selling stuff over there, a couple UK made pieces of mine recently found new homes in the US. Yes, the buyers seemed nice, so I thought it would be ok. That, and also the large price I got for each item. Both were sold within minutes........poof!

So seeing as how you're my favorite sport buddy ace, I will act as a straw man and sell your dusty old beat up rhodium plated clunky things as being my own. Since we are 'pals', I would settle for a 50/50 split, even though I would be doing most of the work. The price we go by is of course the selling price. Sounds good eh? Man, I hope Mikey doesn't see that split and want the same deal for me selling his goofy straights over at SRP.

Mort

Back
Top Bottom