Status
Not open for further replies.
crap phone pic but, eh
DSC00070.JPG

5/8 The Palmer, stropped up on a Tony Miller latigo
Kent H8
Pecksniffs Oriental soap
Old Spice a/s

I have to say I like the Pecksniffs. Used it a few times with my little boar brush but it's much nicer bowl lathered with the Kent. Tons of thick creamy lather and a nice spicy but fresh scent. It did take a bit of elbow grease to get the lather going but I can live with that. At £4 for 200ml I can't complain.

Wednesday evening

Hot shower
New Forest Brush
Proraso pre shave cream
Arko stick
Derby (3)
Gillette Superspeed
Osma Alum
Old Spice Lime AS

Rev-O kindly sent me a stainless tube so I could try the Arko! My first full face leather from rubbing the stick on my stubble. I built it up into a nice lather, although the first pass was a bit dry, I sorted this for the second one. Three and a half passes, and I am starting to push boundaries a bit now, ATG on my neck etc which has never happened before. The Alum and AS stung a bit, but ten minutes later all was good. The Arko took me straight back to my barbershop shave in Turkey in May :cool:

Blyth Spirit said:
spandexcodpiece said:
Merkur blade(3)

'Evening all !

I find the Merkur blade not bad at all ! In fact, I was going to have a 4th go at it, but probably won't! Perhap's using it in a heavy, open comb razor makes it work better! It certainly doesn't seem to deserve it's poor reputation as far as my experience with it goes!!

I can get four good shaves from a Merkur, nicely.

Your opinion sounds very reasonable to me! Now there are two of us. :lol:

Ah! yes, it was you Blyth! I remember now what you said about this blade being quite good etc.. That gave me the nudge I needed to give it a try - thank you friend! :D

SiR-ed8 said:
Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: New Forest Superior 2201
Soap: Olivia Seife WM Sarubia
AS: AII Osage

SPM_A2425.jpg

Hey Ivan! ..given the name of your soap, it sounds as if it was purchased from some mysterious traveller that you happened to meet, perhaps on the Old Spice road, or on the way to Samarkand !! Lovel-l-l-y-y-y load of lather. :hungrig

JaseB said:
Wednesday

White Proraso pre/post
Fido 2201 + TOBS avocado
EJ mastiff + 7 oclock yelllow (3)
Thayers Lemon
Proraso ASB

Very pleased. :D
Hey Jase! ...I didn't think Proraso Pre/Post came in a white container!! Mine is in a green pot!! The only white container Proraso uses is for the 'sensitive' Shave cream!!!!! :eek: ...Anyway, I will have another look at my Proraso gear when I go upstairs in a mo' :)

spandexcodpiece said:
Hey Jase! ...I didn't think Proraso Pre/Post came in a white container!! Mine is in a green pot!! The only white container Proraso uses is for the 'sensitive' Shave cream!!!!! :eek: ...Anyway, I will have another look at my Proraso gear when I go upstairs in a mo' :)

You can get the pre/post treatment in the non-menthol formula as well. Paul has it for sale. I'm considering buying some as I'm getting good results using the menthol stuff prior to shaving, but it doesn't half overpower anything else you might use.

Wednesday night

Pre - hot shower
Proraso Pre/Post
Cream - Mr Taylor
Brush - Finset Silvertip
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Personna Red IP (1)
AS - Proraso
AS - TOBS Eton College

Excellent creamy lather with TOBS and my finest silvertip. It appears huge in use compared to the 2 boar brushes I've been using recently! No irritation whatsoever and a DFS! Eton College is a lovely scent.

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Chris custom 24 mmm finest two band
Razor: Friodur 15/16
Soap: MWF
AS: Alcolado Glacial
Strop: Neil Miller linnen/buffallo 30/60
Result: Very, very clean

Second try with the MWF, this time I used lots of water and it worked out better (not so heavy lather this time). And I got tons of lather, brush loaded like a mad badger during approx. 30 secs :eek:. I think I never had so much laher, enough for a full body pass, easy. However I only did three in the face and got really clean :D. I think I can do better though, by adding even more water. You guys who uses the MWF, do you find it to demand much water compared to other soaps?
47169d1281597410-sotd-sun-august-8th-sat-august-14th-snb13111.jpg

Mikael said:
You guys who uses the MWF, do you find it to demand much water compared to other soaps?

I load a damp brush for 30-40 seconds on the puck, then either face or palm lather and add very small amounts of water as I do.

I find that MWF can be easy to over-hydrate compared to soaps like Trumpers or Tabac. It seems to have a narrower band of water tolerence than most soaps, in my opinion.

Ian

Popped an Arko stick in a ramekin dish and gave it a go today. I love these 'old fashioned' scents. Super lather gave a very comfortable shave during and after. I'm using prpraso balm regularly - it's effective and good value.

Yellow Jim said:
spandexcodpiece said:

You can get the pre/post treatment in the non-menthol formula as well. Paul has it for sale. I'm considering buying some as I'm getting good results using the menthol stuff prior to shaving, but it doesn't half overpower anything else you might use.

The white pre/post still appears to have some slight menthol tingle, but nowhere near as much as the original stuff. My first time out with it last night and I really prefer it over the original, but as usual... its horses for courses!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom