Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 7th Aug 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday Afternoon

EJ 87 + Feather
Fido Finest
Nanny's Exotic soap
Agua Lavanda Puig cologne

Not very often I shave in the afternoon, but I'm off to a birthday bash this evening, so I thought I'd make an effort.

First off, I'm impressed with Sharon's soap: nice 'n' slick. Though I was expecting a bit more of a fruity scent. It smells quite woodsy to me.

Secondly, the Lavanda cologne (a holiday gift from a friend) is tops. I already own a plastic bottle of the all-over splash, but this stuff is stronger. Lovely stuff if you can get it.

Friday, 08-13-2010.

Soap from Marsella - Rooney 1/1 Best Badger - Wilkinson Sword "Sticky" safety razor - Feather #3 - Pre Proraso - Wilkinson stick in a puck - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Aqua Velva + ASB Institut Karité.

Afeitado13-08-10002.jpg

Friday The 13th :?

Merkur 38C
Red IP (1)
Wilkinson Sword Boar
Arko SS
Pashana AS

Decided to use a milder blade with the HD today and a nice shave was had, the Red IP is always a constant performer, nothing special but it gets the job done. a nice DFS shave.

TTFN

Tony

Friday evening

Hot shower
New Forest Brush
Body Shop Macca Root
Super max Stainless (1)
Fatboy (on 2)
Osma Alum
Floid AS

I've pushed my technique this week, going ATG on my neck etc to see how I got on. All good :cool: However I've decided to take it easy for a couple of days, so a new Super max in the Fatboy set on 2 was the choice. I've not used the Fatboy since the initial purchase 6 + weeks ago. They worked well together though, I missed out the Proraso cream so I could get a feel for the new cream, which I was impressed with, lots of smooth lather. So two passes and I was done, no stress and no irritation, which really brought out the menthol in the Floid.

Friday

Gillette Slim Adjustable (#4)
Feather
Nanny's Yushu soap
Simpson's Commodore X1
Boots Distilled Witch Hazel
Jasper Conran AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

I started the shave with my new eBay straights to see how sharp they were (after giving them a damn good clean and disinfect). One sharper than the other, though still in need of a good honing. I'll be dropping Neil a line shortly....
Once I'd checked them out, I moved on to my weapon of choice for tonight (as above). The new brush still honks a bit, but it's fading :D

Gillette Red Tip
Red Personna
Simpson S3 Brush(TGN Extra Finest )
Vergulde Hand Shave soap
Provence Sante AS
Hugo Boss.

Attachments

• SOTD.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 33
Saturday:

Quick one this morning:
Truefitt & Hill pre-shave
Pecksniffs Citrus soap
Merkur Futur with a 3-shave old yellow 7 o'clock
Pecksniffs Citrus ASB
Pecksniffs Citrus cologne

Result? One of the best DE shaves that I've so far experienced.

I don't understand any of this.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom