Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 7th Aug 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday, 08-12-10.

Soap from Marsella - Omega boar brush - Gillette Aristocrat #58 - Feather #2 - Pre Proraso - Proraso old formula shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Proraso + ASB sul filo del rasoio (Proraso).

Afeitado12-08-10001.jpg

Friday 8am

Merkur 41 ('1904 OC') / Gillette Rubie (#1)
Omega 31064
Connaught Violet shaving cream
Speick AS & ASB
Terre d'Hermes EdP

- Not an enjoyable shave. Reason was the shaving cream; bowl lathering was problematic. Perhaps I used too much water. Not happy but will give another chance.
- The OC Merkur is fine, does a close job.
- This Hermes fragrance is excellent for a nice warm summer day.

Continuing with Simmos advice again today.

Murkur HD
Tesco blade (2)
EJ BBB
Palmolive
Splash of Hugo Boss

Couldn't wait to try the merkur out and got a much better shave than what I was getting with the DE89L no weepers and a little closer but a raw feeling. Still got loads of razor bumbs etc but I've not been able to give my face time to heal but now no shaving over the weekend.

Would witch Hazel help with the healing?

Have a good day!

Friday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Heljestrand 9 1/2
Brush: New Forest
Soap: MWF
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Result: Very nice
Third time with the MWF and it gets better, today I palm lathered and it was the best so far - very nice lather indeed (thank you Ian). Two passes and clean enough. The Helje works really nice aswell and I love the scales Neil made for me, thank you brother!
47196d1281685133-sotd-sun-august-8th-sat-august-14th-snb13115.jpg

Friday 13th

Vosene
OT & Super Thin (1)
Tabac & EJ BB
Alum
OS AS

Bloody 13th! Alarm did not go off this morning (must've turned iPhone off in the night when checking the time :roll: ). From awake (0752) through shit/shower/shave/teeth/dress/2 miles cycle to work/change in to uniform, to sat at the desk with kettle on (0828). The shave in one word - crap!

Mikael said:
Third time with the MWF and it gets better, today I palm lathered and it was the best so far - very nice lather indeed (thank you Ian).

Nice one. Glad it worked for you.

My SOTD

Friday

Trumper Razor
Gillette Swede
New Forest 2201
Monsavon Soap
Old Spice Whitewater a/s

Nice lather again with the Monsavon. It seems to be determined to contradict my early negative comments about it.

Ian

Friday

Merkur 37c
Red Personna (1)
Simpson's Wee Scot
Nanny's Yushu Soap

Brut Original AS

Following yesterday's rawness the supporting cast to the Slant was changed and what a very different result. Not quite as good as the 34c on a good day yet, but it will be. I'm getting used to the different angles, of blade to face, also.

As I said yesterday, slowly, slowly et cetera.

The Brut AS really does smell rather good and is a good calming lotion! Certainly worth the £3 or so.

Quite pleased this morning!! :)

Friday
EJ DE87 + Feather
Simpson T2 Super
D R Harris Almond soap
The Hammam Bouquet EDT

A fun-packed weekend ahead.

Off to the driving range and putting green this evening to hone my skills (or slice the ball hideously).

Then after work tomorrow I'll be watching either Hucknall Town's first team playing away to Carlton Town in their last pre-season friendly or I'll be watching our reserves at home in their first game of the season.

That will be followed by (hopefully) watching Notts CCC in the T20 final.

Sunday is usually a day of rest but I'll be up early for a little run, then swimming with my lad, a nice pub lunch and finally a round of golf with my Dad and a cold beer after.

Friday
Hot towel
Ever Ready 12a/Macca root
Gillette flare/Personna(3)
Alum
Porters Hired Hand

Always a pleasure to use the Macca root and 3 passes later the result was a very smooth and fresh feeling face.
I didn't like the Personnas much before but now they're really impressing me :?
Love the Porters :)
regards, beejay

Friday

Futur (1.5)
Thai Superthin (1)
NF 2201
Mama Bear's Roses
SWK Scuttle
Alum
Boots BayRum (Hair Tonic - but is nice i think as an AS too :D )
Dr Henk's Bay Rum ASB.

A really nice one today. The Mama Bears Roses is a stronger scent of Roses than i am used to with TOBS or Dr Harris Rose Creams, but is nice all the same.

Haev a good one gents.

Friday

Mekur progress 500
iridium super
new forest 2201 fido
mama bears ice lime
alum
alcolado glacial

Postie delivered the progress this morning from Connaught , so gave it a whirl. Tried it on 2.5 for three passes , very good. Fido +ice lime very good , menthol hit.
Alum ,cold rinse then bam!zip!pow! alcolado freeze. Great shave today. Last day at work, then I'm free.

Enjoy the rest of the day

Damian

Good afternoon,

Proraso pre-post, La Toja cream, Feather and Futur, Frank Shaving best badger, Proraso AS splash.

13082010079.jpg

La Toja is nice every now and then. I went on thick with the Proraso pre-post as a pre shave. Jury still out on Frankie boys brush.

Thanks

Hot towel
Truefitt & Hill pre-shave oil
Merkur Futur with yellow 7 o'clock
Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort cream
Pecksniffs Citrus ASB
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes Cologne

Initially, this didn't feel that great, but after the ASB had done its' stuff, it felt much better and was really smooth.

My first experience with the West Indian Limes - does anybody else think that this is similar to Acqua di Parma Colonia? Or is it just me?

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom