Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 7th Aug 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
IanM said:
I find that MWF can be easy to over-hydrate compared to soaps like Trumpers or Tabac. It seems to have a narrower band of water tolerence than most soaps, in my opinion.

Ian

Thank you Ian! Hmm, maybe I shake to much water off to start with, but I don´t like it when the soap bowl overflows with thin lather :ugeek:. Next time I think I´ll try palm lather and only do two lose shakes (now i do 2 1/2 rather hard shakes and then add water after the load as I lather in a bowl).

Thursday

Hot shower
EJ DE89L
Tesco blade (1)
Palmolive

Had a fantastic email from simmo last night in my hour of need lol! I was all but ready to go back to carts because of the irritation. I followed his advice And went once with the grain then once across and stop there! I also paid a bit more attention to the angle of the head of the razor then NO alum and NO nivea.

The result, a good of a shave I've had any other day, less irritation but still a fair amount on my neck and today I heard the cutting sound! My skin feels better for having no product and becides a cut on my lip today was a step in the right direction, not to sure on the tesco blade it was a little uncomfortable but I'll see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks simmo for taking the time to PM me.

Mikael said:
IanM said:
I find that MWF can be easy to over-hydrate compared to soaps like Trumpers or Tabac. It seems to have a narrower band of water tolerence than most soaps, in my opinion.

Ian

Thank you Ian! Hmm, maybe I shake to much water off to start with, but I don´t like it when the soap bowl overflows with thin lather :ugeek:. Next time I think I´ll try palm lather and only do two lose shakes (now i do 2 1/2 rather hard shakes and then add water after the load as I lather in a bowl).

My brush is almost dry when it first hits the MWF, but it seems that various methods work.

Ian

Good morning,

Nanny's Eucalyptus soap, Feather and Futur, Omega pure bristle brush, Proraso AS and Hugo Boss EDT.

12082010078.jpg

I have been enjoying my shaves with the silly soap, even better now with my new Omega brush.

Thanks.

IanM said:
My brush is almost dry when it first hits the MWF, but it seems that various methods work.

Ian

Ok, my fault/misstake :oops:. That´s how I do it normaly. Ok, now I´ll try what I usually do but palm lather :lol:.

Thursday

Merkur 38C
Treet Durasharp Carbon (1)
Vulfix 404 Boadger
Dalan D'Men Energitic Cream - M-Bombed :shock:
Boots Fresh Wood ASB
Brut [Splash it all over] AS

Received the 38C in swap from over5feet today and put it to work, loaded it up with TDC [sharp buggers these are] and ended up with a DFS+, first go with the dalan cream [a prize from Shaveabuck] and its quite nice, I'm more of a soap man tho. Anyway after the Brut thread I had to Splash it over, Brus AS/Spalsh on & deodorant today [now where's Enry].

TTFN

Tony

Thursday

'59 Fatboy
WS Classic blade (3)
Neo Finest 2-Band
Mama Bears Dublin Tweed soap
SWK Scuttle
Alum
Witch Hazel
Floid Original AS.

Thursday Evening

Feather Portable head on Parker handle + Israeli
Fido Finest
Arko
Proraso splash

Not-so-great shave. Three weepers on the neck area. That's what happens when your mind's not really on the job.

Thursday

Ever Ready (unknown head*)
GEM SE blade
MWF
Simpsons Commodore X1
Boots Distilled Witch Hazel
Gillette Series Intense Cooling balm
Pinaud Clubman AS lotion

First go of the new brush which I got too tempted by after seeing you discuss the Badger and Hone offer... :oops: Lovely little thing - very dinky but stiff enough to do soaps as well as creams by the feel of it. Pongs a bit though, doesn't it? Just going to let the smell fade naturaly though as I break the brush in over the next week.

* this one:
IMG_1310.JPG

Pre - hot shower and Proras
Cream - Mr Taylors
Brush - Semogue 1305
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Personna Red (2)
AS - Proraso
AS - TOBS Eton College

Result - DFS

Enjoyed Mr Taylor so much last night that I used it again tonight. The 1305 is performing well now at last and a pleasure to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom