Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 3rd July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday:
Hot towel
Ever Ready 12a/Trumpers coconut oil cream ( lovely cream and one of my favourites)
Merkur 38c/Jewel (work well together,,taking care :) )
Alum
Nivea replenishing ASB

great shave today, very smooth thanks to the Jewel.
Coffee now and do some work.
regards, beejay

Men-Ü pure bristle : Fatip OC+perma-sharp : Arko SS : Nivea ASB

DSCN4119.jpg

Tuesday
Razor: EJ DE87
Blade: Iridium Super
Brush: Tulip 2 (2-band) Super
Soap: D R Harris Almond

Cologne: D R Harris 'His'

I'm glad I hung on to the DE87 and a few blades now.

There are some mornings when you have a doubt, a bit of a niggle. You wonder if there was something else you could have used to improve your shave.

This morning was not one of those mornings.

Tuesday

Schick Injector Type 'J'
Schick Blade
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Cella
Boots Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb

Same as yesterday, and just as good. Cella is very good stuff.

Ian

Monday Midday

L'Oreal face wash (third off in Waitrose ;) )
New Forest Superior 2201
Proraso soap
Gillette Superspeed
Red Personna
Old Spice Lime sample (on face)
Nivea ASB (on neck)

Probably my best DE shave to date. I didn't realise how tired my WS boar brush was until I tried Fido's brush this morning, all I can say is my lathering skills have improved tenfold overnight, and what a difference the lather quality makes to the shave! I haven't shaved for 48 hours due the vagaries of shift work, and my skin is always forgiving after a break, but with two passes on my neck, and three on my face I've come away with a brilliant shave!

I've also given the alum a break for a few days, and my skin seem to appreciate it. Finished with OS lime on my face (to see what all the fuss is about :lol: ) and Nivea on my neck to keep it sweet.

This is what it's all about :D

Tuesday

DR Harris is a truly red rose cream. A recent arrival on the scene, it is an excellent cream. Out for lunch today so the full monty included Floris EDT. Not sure it was noticed.

7-3.jpg

Tuesday,07- 06-10. "La mia mamma" shave.

Soap from Aleppo - Omega 11126 boar brush - Schick Krona - 7 O'clock yellow #2 - Pre Proraso - Proraso shaving cream old formula (lanolin) - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Proraso + ASB sul filo del rasoio (Proraso).

Afeitado06-07-10002.jpg

Tuesday

EJ DE87
NOS Gillette Bleue Extra [2]
Omega 80056
Da Fat
Thayers
Nivea Cool Kick ASB
Polo Sport AS

Much better today, getting back into the swing of things, soon be time to get the SE's out, thou I do have a PAL injector-matic coming soon :shave .

TTFN

Tony

nightbreed said:
C.V. Heljestrand Mk33 7/8 in ivory
Thäter Chubby 28mm
Dr.Harris Arlington SC
Dr.Harris Arlington AS
Dr.Harris Arlington Cologne

attachment.php

Amund

Cracking photograph! Very atmospheric.

EDIT: No, actually, it's absolutely superb! The more I look at it, the better it gets.

It is the single best SOTD photograph that I have ever seen anywhere.

Ian

IanM said:
nightbreed said:
Thäter Chubby 28mm
Dr.Harris Arlington SC
Dr.Harris Arlington AS

attachment.php

Amund

Cracking photograph! Very atmospheric.

EDIT: No, actually, it's absolutely superb! The more I look at it, the better it gets.

It is the single best SOTD photograph that I have ever seen anywhere.

Ian

High praise indeed, if anyone should know about good photographs it's Ian.

I know naff all about them but I likes what I sees.

Tuesday

6/8 Air Brand straight
Col Conk Amber soap
Shaving Shack Value bristle brush
Alum block
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm
Cella cologne

Third straight shave - amazingly, not a single nick!! Just a small rough spot on my chin, otherwise it's a BBS. I'm stunned :eek: I even managed to use my left hand to do my left-hand side without slicing myself up... :D

It's that transparent / glassy effect in everything, in the glass bottles, in the glass table, in the glass-resembling brush handle that contribute to that atmpophere, right Ian?

And, of course, the b&w conversion.. [I don't suppose he's shooting Scala 200 or TMax 400, is he?]

nightbreed said:
Thäter Chubby 28mm
Dr.Harris Arlington SC
Dr.Harris Arlington AS

attachment.php

Amund

elo,elo,elo - where did you spring from then nightbreed?? :eek: I went back to the welcome forum thinking I had missed you, but you weren't there :shock: - anyway, a very warm welcome to you! :) How long have you been shaving with a straight, and do you also use a DE ?? You certainly aren't new to this game are you ? (Answer me in the Welcome forum if you like. ;)

spandex..

nightbreed said:
Thäter Chubby 28mm
Dr.Harris Arlington SC
Dr.Harris Arlington AS

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=112252&d=1278432843" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://badgerandblade.com/vb/attachment ... 1278432843</a><!-- m -->
Amund

Nightbreed,

Welcome aboard! Awesome picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom