Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 3rd July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urban Hermit said:
sunburyboy93 said:
How was the Fatty ?

I never touched herohyoumeanthenewrazordon'tyou...

It worked out very nice. Well behaved, a bit odd to get used to the whole 'adjustable' idea, but I didn't get tangled up into over-analysing the settings for each pass, nevermind for each stroke, which was a concern of mine. Setting 3 was mild but not a waste of time, and perhaps I should have gone up by one instead of skipping up to 5 for the next two passes, but still, no bloody raw chopped steak etc.

It may even have been partially responsible for not allowing myself to over-buff the usual trouble spots. All in all dashed jolly shave, ta ever-so-muchly.

Good Good, Fatboys are way overhyped on E-bay and on B&B, but....thay are still very good Razors, and have that nice retro look too, i thing every DE shaver should have one or at least try one..

Saturday Night

Bassler 5/8 round point stainless
Boots Shavebowl soap
Wilkinson Sword Boar brush
Alum
Witch hazel
Home brew herby aftershave, rum and witch hazel based.

Straight Razor Shave no. 18

At last things are coming together. Still taking too long and too many passes but gradually developing a feel for wielding a straight. I need to work out how to get the neck/jawline area smooth but at least its at a socially acceptable level now and I am getting that little bit better each time!

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: Omega 599
Cream: Cremo Cream
AS: Superior 70 Menthol, AII Osage

389294041.jpg

Sunday
Razor: EJ DE87
Blade: Iridium Super
Razor II: Gillette Fusion (headshave)
Brush: Duke 2 Best
Soap: D R Harris Almond

Nothing for 'afters'.

Sunday

Schick Injector Type J
Schick Blade
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Castle Forbes Lavender Cream
Boots Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb

Oooo! Forgot how aggressive the Type J can be.

Ian

Sunday

Another one for my blog. This is the Savile Row 3824, winner of a recent brush wars contest on B&B. I'll post a review later. Trumpers coconut cream and Floris Elite on duty again.

7-2.jpg

I have a Pompey fan visiting today, so the flag is out.
Must put the Stars and Stripes up when they have gone.

FlagforPompey.jpg

Sunday
Pre: Hot/cold shower
Razor: Joh. Engström
Brush: New Forest, Superior badger 22 mm
Soap: Omega
AS: Alcolado Glacial
Result: My head´s on fire - what a nice shave!
This brush is really nice, good for 2 1/2 passes on face + 2 passes on the head and I only loaded the brush for approx. 30 sec - I thought I would have to do it again when moving to the head anyway. Good job Peter - stiff and yet soft and loads soap like a champ :shave. Alcolado is not for the faint harted, don´t get to close to the eyes when using this. Seriously, it will sting :lol: . Really good blade on this razor, very smooth and sharp!
45169d1278242965-sotd-sun-july-4th-sat-july-10th-snb12687.jpg

UH: Depending on how sore you´re after the shave it _will_ sting accordingly :lol: If you get to close to the eyes, not in the eyes :shock: , it´ll sting in the eyes (some kind of onion effect I guess?).

Sunday, 07-04-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Best Badger no name brush - Gillette Aristocrat #58 - 7 O'clock yellow #1 (not in the pic) - MWF shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Aqua Velva + ASB 444.

Afeitado04-07-10002.jpg

Razor- 34C HD Merkur
Blade- Jewel super stainless
Soap- Prosaro
Astrigent- alum block
ASB- Sandelwood Skin Food
[attachment=0]

Results- DFS

Attachments

• 20100704_002.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 21
Sunday

Ever Ready 1912
Dorco DN-52
Vulfix 404 Boadger
Palmolive Soap milled into a bowl
Pinaud Clubman AS

Back in the land of the living after a stint in hospital, not a bad shave as I'm convalesing, the Dorco SE blade is ok but as I'm not right atm we will have to see how it compares to the Ted Pellas at a later date.

TTFN

Tony

Hope you're feeling better soon Tony :)

anyway........

Sunday PM

ABC Tea Tree
Slim & Yellow 7 (4)
Proraso & EJ BB
Alum
OS AS

First shave since Friday evening, knew it was a 4th shave with the Yellow 7 - so bottled it and used the Philishave to just take some of the weight from the 'tache and chin area. Followed by a decent enough 2 pass shave :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom