Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday AM

Merkur 34c
Red Personna (3)
Simpson's Wee Scot
WARS Cream (from Poland)

Old Spice (Lime, India) AS

I had forgotten just how good the WARS cream is; it also has the ultimate 'old style barbershop' smell, fabulous stuff.

I'm in a great run of shaving form at the moment and the only constant is the 34c. I often think that I need an adjustable to try but why change the formula?

:shave

I know that the OS Lime has a widespread following here but does anyone else think that the scent doesn't last for too long? The Lime OS shaving cream is very good but I'm not at all convinced by the AS.

:?

joe mcclaine said:
Well, if I'm getting a pay freeze for 2 years with the threat of redundancies looming I can hardly afford to go wasting money on expensive Gillette cartridges now, can I?

Not good, is it? I have provisionally just dodged the redundancy bullet myself :?

Ian

Monday, 07-05-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue LE09 - Gillette Fat Boy - 7 O'clock yellow #2 - Pre Proraso - Valobra in a bowl - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Bowling Green + ASB 444.

Afeitado05-07-10003.jpg

Re: Monday

N_Architect said:
andyjreid said:
Quite an expensive day on the shaving software but nice nonetheless.

True, I hadn't shaved with the AdP for months, almost forgotten how good the stuff is (albeit pricey)...

I just looked it up to see what price it is. Can't be that much I thought. Wrong! £36 for 125ml shaving cream, Wow!

Monday

Gillette Knack
NOS Gillette Bleue
Vulfix #5
Palmolive Soap
Adidas Dynamic Pulse AS

Decided to keep to DE's until I'm a bit more steady on my feet, really nice shave from the Knack and GB [might go for the slant tomorrow :shave ].

TTFN

Tony

Away from home..

Merkur Travel
Derby (2)
Ever Ready Badger-lon travel
Trumpers Lime (sample)
Witch Hazel
Trumpers Coral skin food

Cold lather for the second and third pass didn't feel so nice after getting used to warm lather at home.
A few little cuts - might be technique with the travel razor that needs improving. Or the Derby blade.
Put a penny sized blob of skin food in the palm of my hand and it was too much. My face still felt greasy a couple of hours later.
I'm going to try no balm for a few days. Maybe A/S splash instead.

Blyth Spirit said:
Monday AM

Merkur 34c
Red Personna (3)
Simpson's Wee Scot
WARS Cream (from Poland)

Old Spice (Lime, India) AS

I had forgotten just how good the WARS cream is; it also has the ultimate 'old style barbershop' smell, fabulous stuff.

I'm in a great run of shaving form at the moment and the only constant is the 34c. I often think that I need an adjustable to try but why change the formula?

:shave

I know that the OS Lime has a widespread following here but does anyone else think that the scent doesn't last for too long? The Lime OS shaving cream is very good but I'm not at all convinced by the AS.

:?
Hey Blyth!

The trouble with our "hobby" is that it is rather "niche" in that you can not easily discuss it freely with absolutely everyone! If it crops up naturally in normal conversation, fair enough, no problem. And unlike close friends and relatives, one can not easily approach work colleagues and ask their opinion of the AS or Cologne that one is wearing!

All this pre-amble is by way of saying that although I share the same experience as yourself when it comes to the OS Lime, and the Original as well, to a lesser degree - we're never gonna know exactly how long it takes before it fades away to nothing, unless one of us goes to a great deal of trouble to conduct an objective trial or experiment!

The issue is further complicated by individual skin types and different perspiration rates, so therefore the same fragrance can linger longer on some skin types than others! I do know that years ago when Old Spice was first introduced, you could always tell when someone had gone over the top with application, you couldn't really stand too close to them for some considerable time :lol: . So whether the strength of the stuff has been tampered with by our friends on the Sub-continent since they have taken over production, or not. goodness only knows !! I reckon it's probably a case of we get used to wearing it, and can no longer smell it on ourselves after we have had it on us for a few hours....or something like that anyway! Would be quite interested in other members experiences on this subject though, especially from our chemists who might be partial to a splash of Old spice themselves ! :?:

spandex... :D

Monday

Merkur Futur (#5)
Feather (#3)
Cella cream
Shaving Shack Value bristle brush
Alum block
Lloyds Chemist Witch Hazel
Simple for Men AS Balm
Floid Blue AS

Decided to rest the nicks from the straight to let them heal a bit before I create any more!

Re: Monday

NatJag said:
I just looked it up to see what price it is. Can't be that much I thought. Wrong! £36 for 125ml shaving cream, Wow!

Where did you find that price? Harrods? I got mine in Neiman Markus downtown SFO back in May '08 and I have never looked at the prices in Europe...
When I got it they also gave me this - a precious travel companion, Acqua Di Parma sc travel tub (shown with other items for size comparison):

3-2-1.jpg

Monday - Shave 2

ABC Tea Tree Soap
Slim & Yellow (2)
P.160 & EJ BB
Alum
Pinaud Clubman

Took up the offer of second hand bath water, from the wife, after the promise that there was no shaving having taken place - something i decided to rectify ;)

Having picked up some Pinaud Clubman & AV Ice Blue from a friend who had been to the states recently, i decided to give one a try - i ippy-dippy'd and Pinaud won :)

Monday night/Tuesday morning

USA Special str8 5/8 round point
Futur #3 Superthin #2
Vulfix 404 Boar
Erasmic shavebowl
Alum
Homebrew Herby Rum AS

Trouble getting a decent lather tonight. Ended up starting over and still it wasn't up to usual standard.

Straight shave no.20: A good shave all over but I could feel rough spots and by tomorrow morning it would be a proper shadow. So I employed the Futur to smooth things up which it did impeccably. Since I am getting used to swapping hands with the str8 I decided to have a go with the DE but managed to put a nice half inch cut on my left cheek as a result. In hindsight the Futur probably isn't the best DE to try that with 1st time!

Pre - Hot shower
S/C - Trumpers GFT (sample)
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Gillette Super Thin (3)
Brush - Unbranded Finest Silvertip
AS - Proraso
EDT - Trumpers Bay Rum (sample)

Excellent lather from Trumpers, my first time trying any of their products, really rich, creamy and moisturising. It didn't dry on my face at all. The Bay Rum was "Blazing with the spicy flickers of crushed bay leaves and clove" (from Trumpers website) I couldn't have put it better myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom