Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

Merkur HD 38C
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
Semogue Owners Club Brush
D R Harris Arlington Cream
D R Harris Arlington Aftershave

002dk.jpg

The new Semogue brush performed ok-ish, but as I've learned with boar brushes, it's nowhere near its best yet. I gave it a good washing first, then soaked the brush while I showered. It produced some semi-decent lather, but it was relatively short lived. The brush itself is very well made and I can tell its going to be excellent in a few weeks time.

Pre: Hot Shower
SC: Taylors Mr Taylor (1st try)
Brush: Finest Silvertip
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (4)
Astringent: Lavender Thayers Witch hazel
AS: Proraso
AS: Cella

This was my first shave using Taylors cream. Yesterday I tried Trumpers so today I wanted to compare. The Taylors was wonderful. Using a varnished Magnum ice cream stick as a spatula I scooped out an almond sized amount and smeared it onto my brush. It lathered quickly and easily producing a thick and creamy lather. Painting it on my face I could feel the thickness of it and was initially concerned that it was a little dry. I needn't have worried. It gave a very close and smooth shave. This could be my new favourite cream. I'm glad I like it as it's the most affordable of the 3 Ts.

Wednesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Revisor
Brush: Ikon 24 mm silvertip
Soap: Palmolive
ASB: Davidof
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lemon
Result: Very good

I´m on a island that has the hardest water in Sweden (the whole island is standing on lime stone).This is extrem, really. I had to whip the Palmolive for maybe 5-7 minutes and then some again inbetween passes :evil:. It was the thinnest lather and I´m having trouble posting photos aswell (cell phone photos and mobil broadband connection), but in the end the two passes made me very clean, even though I had to work really hard for it :D Welcome brother Amund! Nice to see you here aswell!!
45351d1278484565-sotd-sun-july-4th-sat-july-10th-dsc00107.jpg

Wednesday
Razor: EJ DE87
Blade: Iridium Super
Brush: Duke 2 Best
Soap: D R Harris Almond

Cologne: D R Harris 'His'

Only a change of brush today. Same result.

Wednesday

Schick Injector Type 'J'
Schick Blade
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Trumpers Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Boots Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb
Penhaligon's English Fern

Wonderful. Didn't need to be at work as early today, so used the time for a super-duper luxury shave. Splendid.

Ian

Mikael said:
I´m on a island that has the hardest water in Sweden (the whole island is standing on lime stone).This is extrem, really. I had to whip the Palmolive for maybe 5-7 minutes and then some again inbetween passes :evil:.

Full marks for persistence Mikael, I think I would have given up.

Have you tried a Palmolive Super lather with Palmolive cream and soap combined ? I find it works very well in hard water, although it sounds as if my water is soft compared to yours.

Gillette Sensor (2 blade, #1)
Palmolive stick
Witch Hazel
Blue Stratos/Nivea ASB together

My first return shave to the Sensor since starting DE shaving 6/7 weeks ago.
Not as satisfying an experience, but the same result - a nice, close shave.

bean said:
Gillette Sensor (2 blade, #1)
Palmolive stick
Witch Hazel
Blue Stratos/Nivea ASB together

My first return shave to the Sensor since starting DE shaving 6/7 weeks ago.
Not as satisfying an experience, but the same result - a nice, close shave.

As many have found, going back to a cartridge razor can be pleasently surprising.

Ian

Wednesday

Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Dorco ST300
Kent VS30
Wilkinson Blue Bowl/Ingrams [Superlather]
Clubman Special Reserve AS

I find the Dorco a very good blade in the slant [YMMV] and always end up with a nice smooth shave, this time was no exception.

TTFN

Tony

Wednesday

Gillette No 58
Gillette Goal D2
New Forest 2201
Nanny's Yushu
Alum
Osage Rub
444 ASB

First run out for the 2201. It did a great job with the Nanny's. The Nanny's yushu has a milder scent than i thought it would. this does not affect its lathering and skin conditioning abilities, which are excellent.

I got a sample of Osage Rub, it gives a mental menthol kick. Just the ticket for a hot sticky Houston summer.

antdad said:
Mikael said:
I´m on a island that has the hardest water in Sweden (the whole island is standing on lime stone).This is extrem, really. I had to whip the Palmolive for maybe 5-7 minutes and then some again inbetween passes :evil:.

Full marks for persistence Mikael, I think I would have given up.

Have you tried a Palmolive Super lather with Palmolive cream and soap combined ? I find it works very well in hard water, although it sounds as if my water is soft compared to yours.

No, but I´ve got a sampler of E J cream with me, I´ll try tomorrow morning. Thank you! I actually, kind of, gave up - I didn´t shave the dome as planed :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom